Modding the weapon attachments.

Started by OWGKID, July 14, 2015, 04:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

So I checked the "Attachments" section in the weaponProperties today.

Apparently, these have the ability to override the "Ammo" section since a line called "magazineUpgradeReplacement"="50" determinates if the attachment gives an extended mag upgrade. This explains why I couldn't give the signature weapons more ammo by editing the "Ammo" section.

Another interesting find: The silencer. Yes, there is a line called "bAttachAtStart" type="Boolean">True/False"</field> (which exists for all weapons). This probably determinates if the attachment is integrated on the weapon from the start. Maybe I can FINALLY SILENCE the AMR  >:D >:D >:D (Didn't w@&k for the AMR  :-\\, but the line is set to "True" for the Shadow and Vector ;))
LEGACY

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Sounds interesting, GKID  :-X

Looking forward to reading the results of your experimentation

OWGKID

I could probably change the default sound for the AMR and replace it with the suppressed one  >:D
LEGACY

OWGKID

The sound worked great, the AMR now uses the silenced one  >:D Problem is, enemies can still find you  :(
LEGACY

Binnatics

:laugh:

That's funny ^-^

More research has to be done, but you've come this far, you'll find the solution sooner or later ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

I guess another parameter needs to be changed, but I will check it out later.  ;) >:D I remember from a FC2 modding thread here that some sound ranges had to be tweaked   :-D
LEGACY

PZ

Nice w@&k, GKID  :-X  You'll find a solution as Binn mentioned.  I seem to recall a parameter in the FC2 xml that controlled affected what the mercs could hear because the AS50 silent mod worked fine.

OWGKID

Found the solution  :-D >:D Had to tweak the "MuzzleStim" parameter :-() :-() :-D :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I knew you wuld finally get there :)

+1 for your perseverance :-X ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on July 21, 2015, 10:57:38 AM
I knew you wuld finally get there :)

+1 for your perseverance :-X ;)

X2  :-X

OWGKID

LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳