A question concerning uplay

Started by TheStranger, June 30, 2013, 05:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

I can't edit the account information on ubi.com and can't login at the http://farcryoutpost.ubi.com/ with the same email and password I use for ubi.com. Strange thing is it worked the day before yesterday. There weren't any problems when you could login with your account name, but apparently I have two working email addresses at ubi.com, so I tried to reset my password (for the far cry outpost) and didn't get an email (i used a working email address of course). Would be much easier if I could sync these emails, but therefor you had to edit your account settings. And as I can still login at ubi.com but not on the far cry3 outpost or uplay? What the hell? Good thing is everytime I want to play FC3 my uplay launcher logs me in automatically.

Has anyone the same problems?

But I advise you not to log out from the uplay launcher, maybe you can never log in again.

So I can play due to auto login and log in at ubi.com, but when I want to log in at uplay.com or the farcryoutpost it won't accept my email and pw although I looked the email up in the launcher and firefox...

btw. I am not the only one with the problem. I just wrote a ticket - I had to try it three times, because I either was logged out or got an error...

PZ

I had almost the reverse problem.  I was playing offline with the launcher, and when it did an update, the launcher gave a prompt that I needed to go online at least once before I could continue.  The problem is that it (launcher) would not let me log in - just kept displaying the login dialog.  I uninstalled the launcher, then did a reinstall and then I was able to log in.

I doubt that this will fix your problem since you seem to be having issues with the site login, but you never know - there might be some kind of update issue with the launcher that is sending the wrong information to the site.  You never know how those people link their launcher software behind the scenes.

TheStranger

I read threads in the ubisoft forum with your problem, but I dare not to reinstall the launcher - because maybe then I can't login anymore.

Art Blade

Sorry to hear that, Stranger. :(

fancy roulette? Or lottery? Because that's what your next step will be like: send a request to UBI's customer service and hope for a jackpot.. err, solution.  8-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Yeah. But actually it is not a problem because I still can play every game :)

Just can't go to the farcryoutpost.

Art Blade

better than the other way round  :-D I can but I don't use that bloody outpost because of their stupid "security" barrier one has to overcome in order to get where one rightfully wants to go. It isn't secure at all but an annoying obstacle they can shove up theirs.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Which security barrier do you mean?

Art Blade

All the humbug you need to do until you finally get in: For example, how does entering an email addy to log in improve security? Not at all. But in case you have a network sniffer or a key logger running as a hidden process, it is even worse because not only can one grab your login details but at the same time get your valid email address. So it is more a security hole than an improvement.

TheStranger

Another great thing is that you have to write in the ubiforums with your accountname and a few months ago you could use that to login...

Btw. got an answer although a standardised one (I think) concerning account merge/email merge. I have to provide all email addesses and my birth date and account name. But everything is working and I don't gain any adavantage if I merge my email addresses. Actually it isn't an account merge because I only have one...

Funny thing is it was in German although I wrote the ticket in English and my login on ubi.com is the uk one I think.

Meh. If it works it works. And you still can't edit your account on ubi.com - there wasn't any answer concerning this major topic. But at least some officials are posting in the threads in the forum so you can't say they are completly letting the customers down.

Abletile

Quote from: TheStranger on July 01, 2013, 01:16:29 PM
so you can't say they are completely letting the customers down.

That'll make a change!  :D

They have such a good game, spoilt by stupid bugs and crappy service!  :'(
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Abletile

Regarding this topic I had an email today, it reads>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Member,

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorised access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, investigate the incident and begin restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.

During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion.

As a result, we are recommending that you change the password for your account:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ.aspx?platformid=60&brandid=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eYYxCAM.

Art Blade

I got the same (in German)

Funny thing, I cannot login because ubi.com and secure.ubi.com THINKS that my browser doesn't allow cookies. But it explicitly allows cookies from said URLs. Even generally allowing cookies caused the same error.

f@#k YOU, UBI >:((

TheStranger

Just out of fun I tried to login to the far cry outpost - with same email and pw as always - and now it works. Wtf ubi???

Abletile

Lol, maybe they 'stole' it from themselves and are bust hacking your account  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TheStranger

PZ

:laugh: :-X

Sounds like Ubi! .... and EA.... and....

Art Blade

I changed my password. how? one of those I can count them on the fingers of one hand times I had to use a fricking MS IE. yuck.

TheStranger

Guess what? I tried it even with the IE...

Art Blade

just what I did. Isn't that horrible.. who on this planet codes html for sites that cannot be processed by Firefox but instead probably even optimised for THE most dangerous open barn door for hackers browser known as internet explorer. SHOOT THEM

PZ

fragger

Hear hear (need thumbs-down emotie)

Uplay + IE = a match made in hell :angry-new:

Art Blade

mandru

Quote from: fragger on July 06, 2013, 12:20:44 AM
Uplay + IE = a match made in hell :angry-new:

Hmm...

Trying to decide if that's:

* the first circle Limbo for response to customer's needs
* the fourth circle Greed for the obvious reasons
* the seventh circle for the Violence they elicit
* the eighth circle for Fraud
* the ninth circle for Treachery - 'nuff said

But then again there are probably special arrangements made for crossover infractions for genuine virtuosos of scumbaggery.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳