Farcry 3 online co-op

Started by Jim di Griz, January 10, 2013, 11:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

Nice one Art - the RPG is pretty pants at damaging a heavy. I was relying on grenades mostly and hot bullets. I now have the bow and so will start experimenting  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

I love the bow. Have both of them upgraded to lvl 20 now :) :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

TheStranger

Maybe we could play together some co-op matches - sounds funny and it is even funnier with people you know.

Binnatics

Sure. What's your Uplay name?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

TheStranger

Binnatics

TheStranger

Thx  :)

Maybe we could make something like an [OWG] clan for FC3 co-op games?

Binnatics

Is already existing ;) Both Art and I wear [OWG] ;) You're welcome to do the same :)

Dweller_Benthos

I'd love to connect with you guys, see what the coop looks like, but I doubt my connection could handle it. I did manage to play some Portal coop with Art a while back, and he said I was teleporting all over the place due to my connection, lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Hacko

I would like to try some co-op with you guys sometime too...haven't tried it yet, been playing the SP side since I bought it. I don't know my username in game (I use quite a bit for different games) and am at w@&k, so when I get home later today I will post my username in here and maybe we can hook up for some co-op fun soon. :)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Art what's your uplay name?

Hacko

OK, my username is stosh84.....so add me and we will have to hook up for some co-op play soon fellows. :)

Art Blade

my uplay nick, it's ArtBlade
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

TheStranger

That was a very funny and challenging co-op-night!  :-X :-X :-X

I don't know if you have read it in the chat yesterday, but actually I have a headset, although the microphone won't w@&k cause of the combination of my soundcard Creative Labs Audigy 2ZS, Win 7 and more than 4GB of RAM. I know this sounds totally weird, but I have found out that many guys have exactly the same problem and there seems no workaround.

Although I have tried a different workaround a few months ago. I have an old PC with XP in my room, where I installed Skype, so that I could play Lord of the Rings online via headset - and of course it worked.

Art Blade

it was indeed fun and you did very well given it was your first time and you're good team player. :)

I sometimes heard your mic producing noises in-game, you must have hit the talk button (check the keyboard layout, I guess it is the ALT key). Maybe there is a solution if you still have an onboard soundcard such as the typical realtec ones. If you could use that rather than your 2ZS it might w@&k. Check if on the back or front panels of your PC case is a socket for a headset. In case your headset uses USB it won't matter. You can probably reroute the headset using the windows sound mixer by assigning the onboard card to it.

TheStranger

ALT activates my voice chat, but I never play with a headset. Only with my 5.1. system - so no chance you can hear anything, because there is no mic there and as I said it would'nt w@&k ;) Yes I have a Realtek onboard, but it is a bit of a hassle to deactivate the current soundcard and activate the onboard.

Is there anywhere a description what the co-op booster shots do exactly? I didn't find anything useful.

edit: I did rebind the ALT key to another key and deactivated the ingame voice chat just be sure.

Art Blade

heh, I didn't exactly hear a voice but some kind of static noises that clearly didn't belong to the game and it was neither Binnatics nor me so for some reason your PC produced that noise over the in-game voice chat function. Don't ask, it's UBI.  :D :)

I never saw anything like a description either but tried various shots and observed what happened and observed what other obviously experienced players prefer. As far as I can tell, they're all useless except the 4 and 6 o'clock shots on that dial. The 4 o'clock speeds up your reload time and the 6 o'clock your overall movement. Both combined are quite effective. Twice as effective if both players use the same shot at the same time.

Art Blade

look at the score the cursor in the pic is pointing at. It doesn't fit any more: 13,007  :laugh: And no, no glitch.

[smg id=5762 type=preview align=center caption="2013 03 30 00004"]

Able gritting his teeth while operating a .50 cal  :laugh:

[smg id=5763 type=preview align=center caption="2013 03 29 00014"]

TheStranger

Wow what competition was that?

And I hope I have time to play co-op again this weekend.

Art Blade

The one where you pick up bombs driving a quad.

[smg id=5766 type=preview align=center caption="2013 03 30 00001"]

Binnatics

:o

Ahhh, I see ;) Just being patient pays off heheh ;D

Edit: Recently I found out it's easy to win the competition 'that way' while the rest is fighting over the bombs ;)

Art Blade

I've been doing that for quite some time now, sometimes even announcing, "you go ahead, I won't touch a single bomb" -- and to their utter surprise end up winning.  :-D

TheStranger

Hehe bought FC3 on steam during the sales for my girlfriend. First time she played it and actually she was pretty good.   :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳