FO3 latest content

Started by PZ, November 08, 2009, 09:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Check out the Tested mods post which has the link to how the PIPboy look is achieved - it is basically two mods (No scan lines and Hi-detailed color map...) and a change in the setting (HUD to white and PIPBoy to amber).

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on November 14, 2009, 09:17:26 AM
Check out the Tested mods post which has the link to how the PIPboy look is achieved - it is basically two mods (No scan lines and Hi-detailed color map...) and a change in the setting (HUD to white and PIPBoy to amber)

Ahhh, ok i misunderstood. i hadn't changed the HUD at all, and i changed the Pipboy to white., plus i didnt put in that no scan lines thingy either. :-[
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Here are some cool wallpapers for your desktop  :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Changing the environment with Fellout - eye candy

The moon and stars are actually nicer than in FC2!
[smg id=1699]

Using a mod that changes the ultra dark Fellout nights back into a more lighted version.  The sky is cloudy with anticipated rain (the extended weather mod is active)
[smg id=1702]

The extended weather mod works really well with Fellout.  I've set snow and rain.  This is an example of snow
[smg id=1704]

It started raining shortly after this - the mod comes complete with stormy sounds of rain and wind.  Greenworld is also loaded
[smg id=1698]

PZ

Harold, the talking tree

**Spoilers**

This talking tree reminds me of Treebeard in The Lord of the Rings.  Harold asks you to mercy kill him, but if you ignore his request and save him as Mother Laurel suggests, he will thank you in the end, and you will receive Brotherhood armor as a bonus.  He was such a nice guy, I just couldn't kill him.
[smg id=1700]

The scenery in the grove is rather nice.
[smg id=1703]
[smg id=1697]

I've made my way into the caves and have found Harold's heart, and am about to apply the salve that Mother Laurel gave me.

[smg id=1701]

PZ

If you apply the Fellout, extended weather mod, and the Green world mod, FO3 can be quite stunning.
[smg id=1696]

PZ

This apocalyptic world can be a gory place to live - even a bit of sword play and a mini-nuke explosion in this one. (Not my video by the way)

**Warning** lots of head splats in this video

[smg id=1707 type=av]

PZ

This underwater hideout is actually in a submarine!  I don't have this mod yet, but it looks interesting, and is a testament on how creative people can become in the FO3 modding business

[smg id=1708 type=av]

PZ

I have this mini-hideout, which is located under the gas station in Springdale.  The video shows how you interact with the environment.

[smg id=1709 type=av]

PZ

This video represents the first 30 minutes of the Broken Steel DLC - looks good Ricamundo - hope you can fix your issues.

[smg id=1710 type=av]

Art Blade

here's part 2 of the previous vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXm14K4wBc

Nice vids, PZ :) The sub hideout looks interesting, nice designs :) The mini HO reminds me of the UHO, some stuff works identically, probably the same mod author?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'm not sure if it is the same author, but I noticed the same.

As to the sub design - the graphics are not the devastated, apocalyptic ruined materials, but fresh, new looking stuff.  Mothership Zeta is required so I was wondering if the textures are from that DLC.

Art Blade

That were my thoughts. Since I don't have any DLC, and because I've never seen the majority of the textures.

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on November 27, 2009, 08:22:24 PM
I'm not sure if it is the same author, but I noticed the same.

As to the sub design - the graphics are not the devastated, apocalyptic ruined materials, but fresh, new looking stuff.  Mothership Zeta is required so I was wondering if the textures are from that DLC.

They did use textures from MZ. The transporter pads you step on, as well i think, some of the bulkheads, etc are from that. The weapons storage area, was the MZ bridge, modified. I have no idea where all the columns and statuary came from. I like the idea that you can clone new copies of any weapon. My gatling laser is getting a real workout, and i cant find any Mutes carrying it so far, so i keep having to pay someone to repair it.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

The Colt M4A silent assault rifle:
[smg id=1719]
[smg id=1718]
[smg id=1717]

Art Blade

in your pipboy it reads "Aimpoint" -- what is it referring to? Ah, I think the scope with a red dot?

PZ

Yes, it is the red dot version.  It is an excellent weapon - fires single shot if you press the fire button once, and full auto if you hold the fire button.  It also seems as if there is not so much "sway" when you sight through the scope.  I've tried it on the super mutants and it works very well - much better than the "vanilla" weapons.

Ricamundo

The Colt looks good. Any linkage?

PZ

Quote from: Ricamundo on November 29, 2009, 02:32:18 AM
The Colt looks good. Any linkage?

Yeah, I like the Colt even better than the AS50 that I've come to love.  It plays like the weapons in an FPS rather than the funky weapon style in the vanilla game. 

As to "linkage" do you mean mod link?  (If so, I'll need to look - I think it comes free from a cheats trailer mod (one of Art's posts), but am not positive)

PZ

Modern look for the Megaton player house:

This is how the outside of the Megaton house looks like - nothing special
[smg id=1791]

The inside however....
[smg id=1790]

Contained within is a healing station...
[smg id=1792]

... and some kind of alien stealth unit
[smg id=1793]

Art Blade

looks good, any chance of a link to that mod? :)

PZ

Sure thing - the nice part is that it does not reduce the frame rate as some of the other Megaton house mods do.

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

cheers, PZ :) Going to try that mod as soon as I get back to FO3

Tags:
🡱 🡳