Dogmeat

Started by PZ, October 26, 2009, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

--== this message about ArtMod has been moved to ==--

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Wow, Art, this is more than i can understand. Who is Charon? I met the dog at the scrapyard but told him to stay there, as im not interested in buddies. I haven't bothered to make my own weapons either, as there's plenty in the game already, imho. I play a simple FPS style of gameplay, as that's all i can get my head around, so far at least. ;) I know there's tons of mods and RPG elements that are available, but tbh its a little overwhelming to my old brain. :-[
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Charon is one of the buddies you can have. He used to be a ghoul, but I changed his looks and made him immortal. My guns are for people who want to be in control of a fight and make a fight a matter of a few seconds. If Charon uses those guns, he will be your ultimate bodyguard. The dog can't die either, and, modded or not, he can always be with you, with or without a buddy. But you may only have one buddy at the time. The mod is only for people like PZ and me, who have fun with cheats, or for people who can't fight well :)

You don't need the mod. It is just to change the game a little, in a funny and exaggerated way, like superheroes style ;)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

A word about buddies

There are quite a number of possible buddies with a certain attitude you may meet through the game. Whether or not you can actually make them your buddy depends on your karma: Good, neutral, bad. If you are good, you can befriend Fawkes and Charon, if you are bad, you can befriend the merc guy in Megaton (forgot his name) and the woman in Paradise Falls. If you are neutral, you can, later in the game (after the Vault 101 quest), befriend the tunnel snakes guy. Those are examples, there are 3 buddies per karma category. Since I played "good" I used Charon and Fawkes. Imagine you played good and had a bad buddy (which you can't have) -- he'd probably kill people you wanted to talk to before you had a chance... hehe. So it makes sense to stick to a certain playstyle and if you want a buddy, he'll stay with you. If you were good and had Fawkes at your side, he would leave you once you turned too much towards bad, karma-wise.

Fiach

Are you sure about Fawkes and Charon, I had Charon and I was good, but Fawkes wouldnt join me until I became really good, I had Paladin Cross too, so I couldnt have been that bad.

I think Fawkes can be a problem in towns due to peoples mistrust of his race.

I liked Charon the best though, his attitude and voice were cool :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Well, Fawkes loves angels around him, true, and Charon probably doesn't care... I love his voice and the lines, hahaha, that's why he still sounds like Charon in my mod  ;D

Two of his combat lines, hehehe

"Hah, can't stand the sight of your own blood?"
"Want some more?"

and sometimes he grumbles something completely unintelligible, makes me laugh, too  ;D

Fiach

I remember in one building with him, he sounded really scary. he was trying to get the enemies to show themselves, but sounded like an adult trying to coax a kid out of hiding with sweets, but with Charons voice, it sounded soooooo sinister LOL :)

Art Blade

yeah, lol  ;D ;D ;D I love it when he goes off the rails and chases enemies, like completely psyching out style, and then you hear his great voice and some shooting... I think he's the best buddy to have some fun with  ;D

Now imagine him like in the pic above with that sort of armour, a guy like 7 or 8 ft tall, with that voice and a real badass gun...  ;D ;D ;D

Ricamundo

OK, im kinda stuck again. :-[  SPOILERS>>>I went thru Little lamplight, into vault 87, and let the tame Mutant out. I got him to get me the GECK, and on my way out, i was captured by the Enclave. For some reason, i was let out of my cell, and told to meet the Prez, but while i was wandering around , the message went out to kill me on sight. >:(

OK, i started flaming everything that moved( i love the smell of fried enclave soldiers in the morning!). My problem is that i cannot find the Prez's office, where i presume ill get my GECK back. I also noticed that i need a key to go thru a door in the first level(1a i think it was).

I've pretty much killed everyone ive seen, even Anna Holt the traitorous bitch. >:( I looked at the walkthrough on the link Art kindly posted, but it the Garden Of Eden quest seems to end when i get captured. The only thing my pipbot says is "Meet Pres. Eded in his office... which is where????
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

It is simply a maze. You need to check very carefully where you have been and where you haven't. Fortunately, across all the floors are big map displays, so you can orientate yourself quite well. Some staircases and halls can be reached through very small doorways, they are somewhat hidden. I believe you missed a path there :)

Ricamundo

But where is the office? Its not marked on the map. I went up to level 1 and when you go thru the war room, which is empty, and into another chamber where there are 2 sentry bots(level change) the door locks behind you and you cant go back without a key. :D

Fiach

Do you need to interact with a computer or something, I seem to remember a flower beside a cmputer or something, to gain access to the office.

Art Blade

hehe, I remember that flower too  :) Computer is a little understatement. It's the size of a bell tower  ;D

Ricamundo

OK, i got out. :) I hadnt realized the giant computer was the president, and i had been up to the top, but when i found the exit door locked, i hadnt realized that i could talk to the Prez right behind where i was standing. :PI have to say, im not a fan of maze like interiors! >:(

Ricamundo

Well, i finished the game. Rather than explore every nook and cranny of the map, i decided to just let the last quest play itself out.

Now i need your help again. ;) I had installed the 2nd disk with all the DLC already. I saw the window with all the games named beside little boxes when you click on "Data Files" I've tried ticking them all, and then only the one at the top, along with Fallout 3 which cannot be un checked, and no matter what i do when i click on the new game button, the Fallout 3 main game starts.

How do i start one of the DLC games??? :-\

Art Blade

Although I have none of those DLC, it is probably the same as Oblivion addons as both games use the same engine. I have addons for Oblivion, they needed to be activated from inside of Oblivion. Like you did it, fire up the main game with the data file(s) checked (maybe you should check if they can run all at once or seperately) and walk around in FO3 a bit. If it works like in Oblivion, then a message will show up eventually, telling you to go somewhere which will initialise the addon.

Fiach

Firstly The Broken Steel raises the level cap, and continues the main game so make sure you activate that, as it raises the level cap also.

BTW all the DLC as far as I know add new perks, one of the best is the one that makes Quantum grenades and another that converts evey 10 standard nukas into a quantum.

As said before, Load up an old game or start a new one, shortly afterwards you should see some sort of "content added" message.

I have only bothered with two DLC's Broken Steel and Point Lookout, as BS is a continuation, you start it after the end of the main game, in hospital. PL begins as a new quest in your journal, adding a way point on your map to a boat that brings you to PL, I'm guessing the others are added in a similar way.

Hope thats of some help :)

Ricamundo

Ah ok, i get it. :-[ I was thinking of starting a fresh game, but perhaps ill just go back to a save prior to the final battle against the Enclave. So if i activate all the DLC games, they will all kick in eventually no matter whether i continue the game or start a new one?

Fiach

I reckon that they will all be running and available no matter what you do, but why use a save prior to the end of the last game?

You do know that Broken Steel continues after the end of FO3 and
SPOILER (for anyone that cares  :P

;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;

regardless of the choice you made, you and Lyons survive and wake up in hospital.

So you can just continue with your character to explore the wasteand or do the DLC in any order that you wish.

Ricamundo

I've picked it up just after leaving the Enclave HQ but before i report to Lyons, and finish off with that big battle. I didnt get 50ft up the road when i started getting messages with new quests for the DLC, so im well stocked with new missions. 8)

Art Blade

hehe, just like Oblivion, then  :) Glad it works, mate, have fun  ;D :-X

Fiach

Bring plenty of stimpaks to Point Lookout, you will find plenty there, but you will need them at the start.

On the DLC missions, if you plan to make Quantum grenades, hoover up any Turpentine you find.

PZ

I encountered a robot called a Protectron who is almost the spitting image of a robot I saw on an old Twilight Zone episode called "Uncle Simon", in which an old man created a robot to torment his niece that he despised (Barbara).  This same robot was also used on the old series: "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" with Richard Basehart.

Fiach

I loved VttBotS, a great show :)

Ricamundo

I watched Voyage to the bottom of the sea when i was a kid, but i dont remember any robots. I DO remember a robot like FO3's Protectrons in "Lost In Space".

Tags:
🡱 🡳