Game of the year

Started by PZ, November 03, 2009, 05:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

11.02.09 - Fallout 3 Wins Ultimate Game Of The Year
The 27th Annual Golden Joystick Awards have been announced with Fallout 3 winning Ultimate Game of the Year and PC Game of the Year.

Quote:
- The big One: Ultimate Game of the Year sponsored by Zavvi.co.uk. Third place is Left 4 Dead. Drama now. Second place goes to... Call of Duty: World at War. Oooh. And the winner is... Fallout 3. It's been a year since release, but Bethesda's opus certainly has a massive fanbase. Well done, Bethesda.

PZ

2008 Game of the Year Critics Poll

Quote Came Critics:
"If the main difference between a movie and a video game is that games give players a choice in how the action unfolds, then Fallout 3 is the ultimate video game."

Art Blade

it's plain and simple a real good game  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on November 03, 2009, 05:20:56 PM
11.02.09 - Fallout 3 Wins Ultimate Game Of The Year
The 27th Annual Golden Joystick Awards have been announced with Fallout 3 winning Ultimate Game of the Year and PC Game of the Year.

Quote:
- The big One: Ultimate Game of the Year sponsored by Zavvi.co.uk. Third place is Left 4 Dead. Drama now. Second place goes to... Call of Duty: World at War. Oooh. And the winner is... Fallout 3. It's been a year since release, but Bethesda's opus certainly has a massive fanbase. Well done, Bethesda.

Quote from: PZ on November 06, 2009, 03:23:13 PM
2008 Game of the Year Critics Poll

Quote Came Critics:
"If the main difference between a movie and a video game is that games give players a choice in how the action unfolds, then Fallout 3 is the ultimate video game."

Yeah... but... what about YOUR opinion on this particular one?  ;)

I understand Art is a fan and Fiach as well (and maybe you are just beginning)... but still... the more OWG's opinions, the better for us all!!

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

the good thing about FO3 is that it uses the same engine as Oblivion. That helps regarding how modding works, as well as how the enormous cheat system works. If you know one game, you know how the other one works, too :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Just got the GOTY edition, Game and all 5 add-ons, just under £20, Bargain.

Sticker on the case proudly announces that it was also nominated in the BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts). Which is new news as I did not know they had started on games.

Had forgotten how long it takes to install !
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Ricamundo

Great to hear, RR. I hope you get FO3 up and running and enjoy the experience as much as the rest of us playing it atm. Please check out the Tutorial with some hints and tips for getting the ball rolling at the start. One more word of advice.

It would be very easy to be a little intimidated by the gazzillion or so addons, and mods that are available, but i played most of the way thru the game the first time (156 hours of gameplay..yes really) without any mods at all, and i enjoyed the vanilla game immensly.

The mods PZ and Art have posted here, have for the most part been tried and endorsed by us, and add a lot to the enjoyment of the game, but go ahead and get stuck in and tell us what you think. Then later on, you can try some mods, if you wish. ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

RedRaven

Cheers for the tips Ricamundo :-X , before FC2 came along I had played FO3 and got to the end, but going on what i've since read about it there is alot I missed, so with the 5 add-ons alone I reckon its going to feel more like a new game. Not yet looked through all the mod related posts but will get to them soon enough.  :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

The mods collection topic now has an index - should be easy for you to pick something straight off the list, but of course you can still read through the entire topic.  :)

PZ

Excellent, Art - you "da man"! ;)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳