New Board for AC IV: Black Flag?

Started by Binnatics, August 14, 2014, 09:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I think it's time for a new game-board. We already have loads of Assassin's Creed game boards (4 if I'm correct) but resent activities are demanding a new, 5th one. I mean Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag. I bought it after all (I'm completely new to the whole AC franchise but I think I will play it a lot the upcoming weeks. Besides me also Art is playing the game, and PZ. Why are you not posting much about it? Then we have Abletile who's about to play it, and Art's discovery of a VERY interesting online co-op play makes it worth a spot.  ;)

Besides that idea I think it's time we create series gameboards, since we have multiple series going on that are being played a lot on our site. But that's more for the future. I have to think it over before having a concrete plan. I am thinking in the direction of a split in the "Selected-section" on the home page between popular series and popular games. The latter could contain most recent popular games, while the first contains our beloved series and a solid overview of all the content we gathered through the years.

Anyway, let's think about a 5th AC board first :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Excellent idea. Able and I have been playing SP simultaneously but indeed I decided to finally give the online modes a go, particularly the coop called "Wolfpack" which has been a blast  :-X

And after all that great experience (AC4BF has improved so much compared to AC1+2 which I used to play a lot) yesterday I even pre-ordered AC:unity.  :-()

Make that 6 boards. :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Perhaps something like an umbrella directory called AC Universe collecting all of the various AC game titles together in one place then with each game having it's own sub directory might be helpful.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Quote from: mandru on August 14, 2014, 03:26:18 PM
Perhaps something like an umbrella directory called AC Universe collecting all of the various AC game titles together in one place then with each game having it's own sub directory might be helpful.

That is indeed what I was more or less thinking about. Would be quite appropriate I guess ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

good idea, perhaps we could avoid confusion by actually spelling it out as in "Assassin's Creed" and instead of universe (someone might think, "that's not what I'm looking for, I want 'unity'") we might call it "games" so the whole thing might be named

Assassin's Creed Games :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

That's good too and it's a shorter Title for the Header link.  :-X
- mandru

PZ

Great ideas. Sounds like a little restructure is in order  :-X

mandru

>:D

Lump all the UBI games together under a heading titled "UBI Uni(for better or)verse.
- mandru

Art Blade

:laugh: that was quite a stretch to achieve that play on words but still  :-D

Binnatics

:laugh: Good one, but I wouldn't like to see the word UBI as the major header for such a collection of games. Although they are what binds the games together, I have a sort of antipathy against those 3 letters in that specific order :-D

Assassin's Creed Games sounds very good. Or Assassin's Creed Series. Would be perfectly clear to anyone visiting :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳