Masks as trophies?

Started by mandru, January 23, 2011, 08:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I think that the game developers missed an obvious point here.

Ezio obviously collects mementos of his adventures evidenced with the weapons and armor collections, a box full of feathers, the art gallery, a room upstairs with portraits of his major hits not to mention a basement full of completed dusty dead assassin statues.

So why aren't the two carnival masks included among the trophies?

In the armor room right next to the model of Leonardo's wagon there is a display cabinet that remains empty and while masks wouldn't be at their best displayed on a flat surface there is a bare wall right behind that cabinet that has two panels that would be perfect for a pair of plaques one of the mask Leonardo gives you and another for the mask we had to win.

I want my masks back!  Even if it's just to be able to gaze at them fondly.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Although I didn't think up something as elaborate as you, I did have the same wish: "I want to keep those bloody masks!"  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That would have been a great idea, especially if you could equip the mask and remain anonymous in Venice.  :-X

mandru

Art, I guess my observation of a good place to display the masks only seemed elaborate because I tore the Villa apart making sure they weren't displayed somewhere and I had overlooked them.   ;D

Even if they were just tossed haphazardly on the desk in Ezio's room it would have been better than loosing them completely.  :-(

Additional about Ezio's desk.  Have you noticed that there's a high quality and powerful dagger pinning papers to his desk but apparently Ezio is too weak to do the sword in the stone thing and get it without having to wait until later to buy it?

That's another thing I noticed about Ezio's ability to hang onto a weapon he's managed to pick up is genuinely frustrating.  What ever happened to the "You keep what you kill" principal from The Chronicles of Riddick?  I'm carrying a glorified serrated safety knife barely good for peeling potatoes and grab up a keen Butcher's knife skimmed off a too slow Agile.  The bonehead keeps tossing it aside every chance he gets.   >:((

At least let me haul collected weapons to a Smithy and sell my spoils for a tenth of their value to save up against the time I'll actually be able to buy one of them back.   ::)

Even if you talk to a doctor for healing hitting back to get back to the game will cause Ezio to drop a picked up weapon. ???

I have noticed if I hit ESC (the PC version's link to the Animus Desktop) after a Dr. visit instead of SHIFT (PC control for Back) it cuts off the doctor's interface and goes straight back into the game but Ezio continues to hold a picked up weapon which at least saving a couple seconds reclaiming it.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I too thought it was annoying how he never stuck to a weapon he picked up. Remember those insanely big double-sided axes you grabbed off a brute? Try climbing.. anything but sinking it into somebody, and he'd drop it as easily as if it was a dirty remark about those minstrels.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thankfully that has been somewhat fixed in AC:B - you can sheath your heavy weapons (you have a heavy weapon sheath in addition to your normal knife and sword sheathes).  In fact, there was a funny instance during which I picked up a guards heavy weapon, and couldn't drop it to pick up my original!  The ones that you still have problems with are the ones with the long handles.

Tags:
🡱 🡳