Fallout 4 Screenshots

Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

KingRat

What's up gang? Been playing this since release, and should have dropped by sooner. Got a level 64 character on PC and lvl 18 on Xbone. Have some screenshots uploaded to steam so let's see if the link works> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970718826/screenshots/#scrollTop=0

Just a couple pics of my power armor collection in the garage. I've marked all my shots public anyone cares to go through and comment  :-D Oh, and I moved that shack and built the garage on the same spot.

PZ

Nice pics, KingRat  :-X

I started FO4 a few weeks ago and have put it aside because Just Cause 3 just came out a short while ago.  However, FO4 is overall a much better game, and will return soon.

KingRat

Quote from: PZ on December 11, 2015, 08:40:22 AM
Nice pics, KingRat  :-X

I started FO4 a few weeks ago and have put it aside because Just Cause 3 just came out a short while ago.  However, FO4 is overall a much better game, and will return soon.

Thanks PZ  :)

I do have Just Cause 2 on the 360 and never finished it. iirc there was a driving mission that was timed and since I hate those I quit playing it. As for FO4 I just did rescue Nick at lvl 64. Been busy managing 25+ settlements, and while cleaning up after some attacks found synth parts on some of the settlers body's. I even saw 2 settlers get into it and the dead one was a synth. Runaways or infiltrators? I haven't figured that one out yet.

PZ

I think I'm only at level 18 or close to that, and am mostly exploring the Commonwealth taking a mission or two.  It is as much fun as FO3 and gives me the same sense of desolation that I like in a game

mandru

Cool screenshots KingRat.  :-X

The whole situation surrounding synths intrigues me.  Nick along with other older model synths and from what I can tell about the Railway members (independent synths that have escaped the Institute's control/influence) appear to want to blend in with human's (or within their own enclaves) and live out what appears to me their own normal lives.

It seems that every faction (including the hardcore Institution 'runaway haters') views synths moving around in the Commonwealth as the ultimate evil.  A viewpoint that mostly eludes my read of the free range independent synth community.

Having viewed videos of a number of different story line endings sadly (IMHO) I've yet to see the conditions established to create the environment where that becomes possible for them.  :(
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

I haven't been doing much to get good screenshots lately, as I've been mostly derping around the village building things and upgrading weapons and armor. Pop out now and then to do a sweep around the local area to clean up any raiders and mole rats that have respawned, and to collect loot again. Seems some places respawn stuff and others don't. Anyway, finally got the itch and upgraded weapons and armor enough to go out and do some quests, like the Corvega plant for those Tenpines dopes.

[smg id=8356 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Corvega"]
Getting ready to assault the Corvega plant in my shiny new hot rod painted & upgraded power armor.

[smg id=8357 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Stupid cows"]
These (this?) cow(s) just appeared in the workshop building one day. The doorway is now blocked, as they won't move and can't get out, and you can't squeeze past them. Great.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

lol, those cows are funny, D_B  :-X

Might be gone when you leave and return

mandru

I saw a video where one of those brahmans was loose and wandering around on the third floor of a building he was trying to show off.  That is ground level, 2nd and 3rd.  I know many Europeans consider the first level up from ground level to be the first floor.

In the video the guy scrapped the floor plates out from under the brahman and dropped it down to the lowest level in stages.  Then he removed the first stairway going up replacing it with a ladder until he could get the brahman to wander outside so he could set up some sort of fence and gate to keep it out.

I would have been tempted to remove a nearby wall panel and using some sort of explosive to blow it out through the hole.  But then again I'm not sure what the penalties for killing a settlements resident brahman are.  :-(
- mandru

Art Blade

Yep, here we use E (Erdgeschoss, sometimes in a lift you see "0" instead of "E") for ground level and then 1, 2, 3..

Quote from: mandru on December 19, 2015, 04:48:01 PMremove a nearby wall panel and using some sort of explosive to blow it out through the hole

:-X >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

My understanding is that the brahmans are the pack animals for a merchant that is linked to or will come through your settlement.  If that merchant is pulled off the duty of tending to the brahman while traveling between settlements and is assigned by the player a settlement task of tending a garden or standing guard at an observation post could that be the source of wandering unattended brahmans?

It's just that I'm thinking that in normal situations in videos I'd not seen a stray brahman in a weird place without the condition of its human handler being absent.
- mandru

fragger

In Australia too we refer to the ground level as the ground floor, then the next one up as the first floor and so on. I guess we inherited that from the English.

I like the (two-headed?) cow picture D_B, that's funny - if understandably exasperating :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, the pack brahmans wander around, this one is Trashcan Carla's and it gets in the way sometimes, as she is usually hanging out in the street near the workshop. But it did go away once I left and came back, so I can get back in that building now.

And for a new one:

[smg id=8358 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Hooped"]

Hey, Mister, can you toss our ball back down? It's stuck. Mister?
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

KingRat

In the "resources" tab you'll see a brahman feeding trough (bathtub) just place one out of the way and the beast will hang around it.

Dweller_Benthos

I have one of those, and the normal brahman hangs out there, but the supply caravan brahman that Carla brings with her gets in the way sometimes. I don't think there's anything you can do about those, if you shoot them, people get mad, heh.
D_B

mandru

Fences.  :)

I would hope that this would w@&k within the game:

**Dig my fancy graphics   ;)  **

Area you want cattle free

Fenceline_______________   ____________________
                                  ----------
                        (fencing blocking the gap)

Field with cows or horses

If you can get the spacing right between the inner and outer sections of fence you have an entry/exit access gap that livestock can't get through (not effective for calves, colts and forget about trying to fence goats) but still allows you easy come and go without having to monkey around with a gate.

It occurs to me that a stacked series of these (a gauntlet of pass-baffles) with automated sentries protecting your settlements could really thin out swarms of attacking feral ghouls and maybe keep the larger mutants out all together.  :-\\
- mandru

KingRat

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 21, 2015, 01:20:14 PM
I have one of those, and the normal brahman hangs out there, but the supply caravan brahman that Carla brings with her gets in the way sometimes. I don't think there's anything you can do about those, if you shoot them, people get mad, heh.

Yea, Carla's beast has been stuck on my roof for sometime now :D

Dweller_Benthos

The problem with building fences is that everything ignores them, they just teleport in. Including invading raiders, as I've found out. I have a complete wall around my settlement, and twice raiders have popped up right next to one of the buildings inside my wall. Posts on other sites seem to confirm, no matter how many walls you build, stuff will still get inside.

Though luckily last night, two super mutants showed up, just outside my wall where they could be dealt with pretty easily. I can only imagine if they had appeared inside and I wasn't around, as it was night and everyone else was sleeping.
D_B

mandru

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 22, 2015, 07:53:14 AM

I have a complete wall around my settlement, and twice raiders have popped up right next to one of the buildings inside my wall. Posts on other sites seem to confirm, no matter how many walls you build, stuff will still get inside.

I'm thinking the game devs are playing dirty pool allowing enemy pawns inside your settlement perimeter.  :-(
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it kind of defeats the purpose of putting up defenses. Though the last attack by super mutants was just outside my wall, and I just took care of them, so that's something.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=8375 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Drinks on the balcony"]

"So, Fred, nothing like a cold drink after a hard day's w@&k, right?"
"You said it, Bruce, I....  What was that bright light?"

[smg id=8376 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Bedroom decor"]

Ah, nothing sets off a fine bedroom set like some severed heads with matching bodies on hooks for the distinguishing home decorator. (Not to mention the skeleton under the bed for the coup de grâce)

[smg id=8377 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Pool, anyone?"]

The pool table I have set up in my settlement with all the pool balls and cues I've collected so far. I had wanted to rack them up, but the rack won't fit all the balls as they are obviously too big.
D_B

Art Blade

??? wow, nice pics :-X and the captions are nice, too :laugh:

welcome to the 80s, D_B

as in, I just pushed you to 80 kudos with a +1 for the good stuff you keep posting  ^-^

mandru

It's always fun to get to see amusing pics with witty interpretation.  +1 from me too.  :-X

In that third screen cap it looks like that brahman outside the window wants to come in and graze on that lovely field of green.  ;)
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳