Fallout 4 Screenshots

Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Just to give you a tiny push :-D :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-D :-D :-D

In other words:
HINT HINT

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I need to buy the game first, hehe
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

:laugh:

I have a bunch on my PC, but have been out of power since last Tuesday - huge wind storm that put over 10,000 houses out of electricity, and that is just within our smaller electric cooperative.  It's becoming cold too - 23F at night.

I'm obviously not gaming it just yet  :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Well, Steam just finished downloading the game, took a bit under an hour here at w@&k, so yay for high speed! Now to copy the back up over to my external drive to bring home. Might get it fired up tonight.

Oh yeah, this is after a weekend of searching game stores looking for anyone who had a copy on disc. Apparently, if you don't pre-order, you can't get a physical copy.
D_B

PZ

Hope you have a good time, D_B!  :-X

mandru

Quote from: PZ on November 20, 2015, 01:19:46 PM

...but have been out of power since last Tuesday - huge wind storm that put over 10,000 houses out of electricity, and that is just within our smaller electric cooperative.  It's becoming cold too - 23F at night.

I hate hearing that PZ.  I hope your power's back on by now.  :(

Off topic thoughts on power outage options

Depending on your power consumption and how long you want to be able to thumb your nose at weather caused adversity have you considered adding a Tesla Powerwall or two to Fortress OWG?  As a renter I've given that option serious consideration.  Even if you cut back on usage to stretch that stored power for furnace fan, refrigerator, hot plate, and a cozy electric blanket it would make future outages a lot easier to get through than being totally shut out like this situation.

There's an additional advantage depending on whether your small cooperative charges more for peak hours consumption over off peak Kw/Hour usage.  You can set the system controller to cycle drawing your electrical needs from the Powerwall when electricity is most expensive and recharging at night while power costs are low during off hours.

The initial set up costs are admittedly going to be steep and your first month's bill will take a huge ding bringing up that first full charge of the system.  But when you compare that to the expense and maintenance of an electric generator, the trips outside during dark, cold, or storm staying on top of monitoring necessary oil refills and then the cost of whatever fuel you use to generate power I kind of think the no maintenance Powerwall set up (in comparison) would quickly pay for itself.

I'm not mechanically inclined.  For myself being maldextrous, ( that is to say equally bad with both hands) the sheer plug and play convenience of the Powerwall at least makes for an intriguing option to combat power outages.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Thanks, mandru, and thanks for the info on the Tesla Powerwall - I'd not heard of one before, and it definitely is worth investigating.  My wife likes lots of power, so that might be a limiting factor, even with the 10K model

I much prefer this method though - generators are stinky and noisy

mandru

You're welcome.  ...So has your power come back on or not?  And if not why not?  :-\\

Do we need to run you up some blankets and hot cocoa?  :laugh:

The Powerwall cells can be hooked up in series of multiple units for larger storage and higher energy draw.  The last I heard the controller unit for 10K models can stack up to 9 or 10 Powerwalls.  Beyond that I saw a video some time ago discussing terawatt applications for manufacturing plants which I'm pretty sure would exceed Mrs. PZ's comfortable wiggle room for having every light in the house on.

For economic utilization of available space the units can be mounted overhead on the ceiling, near your fuse box, on an exterior wall or even up in your attic to save space (except you can't show them off up there  ;) ) as they do not require a specific up/down alignment to function properly.
- mandru

fragger

I hope you got your juice back PZ :) You don't realise how much you depend on electricity until you suddenly don't have any :-\\ Instant dark age.

PZ

Thanks guys - got power back for the weekend, and we're all toasty right now.  ^-^

I'm definitely interested in the Tesla units - will need to speak with them about my (actually Mrs. PZ's) needs

Art Blade

PZ

I've uploaded a few screenies to my Google photos area - they show the Fallout world - the photos are huge when you click on them

https://goo.gl/photos/Xr8fUy1ddjYfsiVKA

Binnatics

Wow, great screenshots! :-X :)

+1 for the collection :)

The pictures remind me of different games. Bioshock, because of the mixture between old fashioned propaganda, 50's style advertisements and modern designed buildings in the background.
The first picture reminds me of Berlin in Sniper Elite V2. And the pictures of the 'scum' sattlements remind me of borderlands 2.
I don't really like the hud; that old fashioned green is a bit too 2009 imho. The transparant hudwhen you hold that minigun looks better, but is also a bit confusing. I guess when you play you won't realise it as a distracting object, but in a static picture it does a bit.

The graphics overall are great. I like the variety and the quality of the world design. The detail may not be as excellent as GTA V, for example, but what matters most is the immersive effect of the world. There's so much to look at, all around you; they did pay attention to detail.

Great game indeed, I can imagine myself dwell through that landscape for hours and hours :) :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Thanks Binn!  ^-^

I agree about spending hours and hours in the world.  It is quite large and just when I am engrossed in one quest, I speak with someone and I can't resist going on some kind of mission for them.  I just did one to get the gray suit I'm wearing, and it gives me massive hit resistance compared to the other clothing I was wearing.

Definitely not as pretty as GTA5, but I like the old retro looks, rust, and dilapidation in general.  Although I have not done much with game settings, I think you can change the color theme for the Pip-boy - will need to check that out.

fragger

+1 from me too, great screenies :-X Thanks for taking the time, PZ :)

Wow, the detail looks fantastic! Huge game world by the looks of it, one you could really immerse yourself in.

I tried FO2 back in the day and it didn't quite grab me, but I might give this one a go sometime in the near future (and when I'm ready to commit to the DL). Still immersed in XCOM and Gettysburg at the moment, but will def keep an eye on this one.

PZ

mandru

:-X +1 from me too.

Nice and gritty.  :-D

I was born in the jet age and watched avidly as the space age revealed itself.  A favorite toy was one of the original finned Astroray flashlight dart guns.  8)

So I'm enthralled with the stylized evolution of the retro 50's designs scattered throughout the game.  Particularly eye catching are the renditions of the cars and trucks scattered around.  There's one style truck cab that I've seen portrayed in the videos I've watched that ranges in size from a personal utility pick-up ranging up to a full sized delivery van that has a body centered single operator cab and space for haulage.  Not being very materialistic I don't lust after many things but I've got the hots for that solo seated Pick-up.

Damn, even if I had nowhere to go I'd find excuses to drive that sucker all over!
- mandru

Art Blade

nice pics, I like the sugar bomb poster a lot  :laugh: +1 :-X from me, too :)

PZ

Thanks guys - I was initially fearful that Bethesda was going to make it too social after reading the initial comments, but the game play is so much like what I loved about FO3 that I am right at home.

I can't wait until the mod tools come out and we see "real" modding come out, like new player houses, weapons, game areas, quests, etc.

As always, the Fallout series has the potential to provide endless gaming fun

PZ

Installed my first mod today - the one where your Pip-boy map is modified to see all the roads.  Also, you can change the color of the Pip-boy to shed the awful green color - mine is now black and white although you can change it to whatever you like in the vanilla game.  I also changed the HUD so the opacity is now different as well as the color.  You can see the differences in the Google album

https://goo.gl/photos/Sr8d3bvrYmBpWcM59

Dweller_Benthos

Only today just had a chance to actually play the game, had it installed since Monday, heh.

So, here it is, the first screeny from me:

[smg id=8315 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Red dress"]

Yep, playing as a girl, I'm quite comfortable in my sexuality to play a video game with a girl as a main character, thank you very much. Plus, all the videos I've seen are played as guys with weird facial hair and such, so I wanted to see how the game would be different as a girl. So far, not much, I guess some of the perks are slightly different, but not radically so.

Put her in a nice red cocktail dress I found, though she also looks good in the biker jacket and jeans I found. Of course, once I get into the game she'll be wearing heavy armor and it won't matter what she looks like.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳