Started by JRD, July 17, 2009, 07:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

New weapons trailer from July 17th

[smg id=1021 type=av]

Release date - October 6th
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Cool video - is OFP2 set in a particular place in the world?  Is the terrain varied like in FC2?

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on July 17, 2009, 06:13:49 PMis OFP2 set in a particular place in the world?

Yes, our dear Brazilian friend JRD once went deep into it and even did an experimental rebuild of the terrain here: Skira Island

Quote from: PZ on July 17, 2009, 06:13:49 PMIs the terrain varied like in FC2?

That I don't know. From what I've seen in vids and screenies it does look promising, though :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I expect the scenario to be as realistic as in A2 since they are both simulating a real environment. It means not colorful as FUEL and no sun effects like in FC2.
Maybe a little more eye candy.
There will be a volcano and I read about a few different types of woodlands, forrest, lakes etc.
I think OFP2 will have somewhat of a spectacular ending with a massive battle fought into the volcano against the chinese army  :o
Maybe to give players a Hollywood war movies-like thrill

PZ

You have a great memory Art - I recall the thread when I re-visited, but had completely forgotten about it in the mean time.  I guess that Alzheimer's is beginning to set in...  ;D

Art Blade

haha, cheers  ;D I try to memorize almost everything without using any techs. In my office I keep learning all kinds of stuff by heart. Like phone numbers and such, I know them by heart, no need to carry a cell phone or pager or the likes with me for that ;) Helps a lot, and I'd never use silly memory trainers. Life is full of stuff you can use for that... a forum, for instance  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on July 18, 2009, 07:44:03 AM
You have a great memory Art - I recall the thread when I re-visited, but had completely forgotten about it in the mean time.  I guess that Alzheimer's is beginning to set in...  ;D

Chillax PZ...  >1,000 posts can do that for an admin... don't think it's the Alzheimer kicking  ;)

Art Blade

Absolutely. If you wake up and go to the washing room, and your first line directed to the mirror was "I don't know you, but I'm going to shave you anyway" I'd start to worry  ;D

JRD

Release update for Europe.

Quoting the official CM forum:

"As promised, today we are pleased to announce that Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will be shipping on October 6th in North America and releasing on October 8th through EPAC territories with a October 9th street date in the UK.

To celebrate the announcement of the release date, we are releasing a new "Armoury" video (which most of you have seen! ) showcasing the devastating effects of the authentic modern weapon systems which gamers can deploy in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising's intense battles.

The video is now available to view and download from

www.flashpointgame.com

Finally to round things off we have also released a brand new set of screenshots from the PC version, again showing off some of the weaponry you'll be able to get your hands on in the game."

Art Blade

thanks for the update, JRD :)

Oh man... October... this takes forever!

RedRaven

This Thread is now closed.
But fear not, all the content can still be accessed at

OFP:DR Video Thread

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳