OFP2 System requirements (updated again)

Started by JRD, April 22, 2009, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

New edit:
Here both min and recommended specs (source: Mission Editor Help file)

Minimum spec
Operating System
Windows XP SP2 or later
Graphics
DirectX 9.0c
Graphics Card
Shader 3.0 card (GeForce 7900 w/ 512 MB VRAM or higher)
Sound Support
DirectX-compatible sound output
RAM Size
1 GB RAM
HD Size
8 GB Hard-disk space
Processor
Intel Core2 @ 2.4 GHz
Optical Drive
Dual Layer DVD-ROM

Recommended spec
Operating System
Windows XP SP2 or later
Graphics
DirectX 9.0c
Graphics Card
Shader 3.0 card (GeForce 8800 w/ 512 Mb VRAM or higher)
Sound Support
DirectX-compatible sound output
RAM Size
2 Gb RAM
HD Size
8 Gb Hard-disk space
Processor
Intel Core2 Quad Core or equivalent
Optical Drive
Dual Layer DVD-ROM
Online Requirements
Online connection requirements (Client) Broadband 512Kbps +
Online connection requirements (Server) Broadband 2 Mbps upstream

edited because this topic shows many more reads than the other topic here which contained the min specs.

/Art

After digging the official Codemasters forum for some info on system requirements to play OFP2DR... I found nothing  :P

However, I managed to find some speculations about what should play it smoothly...

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346558

It is pretty reasonable to admit that anybody with 2 GB RAM, 512 graphics card and a multi core processor should meet at least the minimum requirements (maybe more). Otherwise Codemasters would be shooting their own foot.

Anyway, this post is to test how the OFP2DR page will do here at openworldgames.org
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

Nice forum you've got here JRD!   Any additional info on release date?  I can't believe it's so hard to pin down.  Must be codemasters because FUEL is codemasters too and I thought 5/12 was solid but amazon said 5/26 ???well, maybe it's amazon. ::)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

In that case, FUEL would be delayed in 2 weeks.
Think about how I feel now that the possibility of having OFP only in September is imminent  :'(

As for release date it still TBC (To Be Confirmed, as I just checked in their forums ;) )

The game has no release date and the forums are already full of whinning and speculations... its a huge mess... moderators claiming to have locked tenths of posts in a single week...
As soon as I have my copy of OFP2 and this forum begins to w@&k for the general public, I'll be sure to keep our moto - "Mature gamers" (lost track of the rest now  :-[ )
Will be carefull while harvesting new member...

And if you think the forum is nice, its thanks to Peter... he is da man  :-X

RedRaven

looks like gonna have to whore myself out so can afford to but better graphics card. feel like kid at christmas waiting for this to come out.
TBC is never good thing to see on a release date, Stalker SOC was something like 4-5 years late !!! and still a bit bugged in places. Lets hope Codemasters have got it sorted before release.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

codemasters=quality. I don't expect big problems.

Nice forum, JRD :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Thanks guys.. this is going to be a hell of a game to go co-op...
Hopefully we'll be able to set a server to ourselves and batallions of former mercs fighting in Skira island ;)

Art Blade

that would be fun indeed... I'm imagining right now how the crew of this site are standing together in front of a blown-up house, examining how beautifully detailed the bricks and crumbs look, how the sky looks real, talking and laughing and all... while all around us a bloody war is going on unnoticed ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

One thing just hit me...
In FC2, you have a full world with no load time, but if you leave an area, that same area is flushed out of the memory. Thats why the game is so smooth and mercs respawn.
A persistent damage model should record each and every change your actions do to the environment... it could be quite heavy to run cos it means the whole Island can be "loaded, changed and saved"...
I wonder how it will w@&k on my PC???

Art Blade

I think only structures like houses remain broken. If you drop a weapon, we'll see if that remains where you left it... and I can't imagine that it would be possible that they saved every footprint you leave. They'll have to concentrate on important things... there has to be a focus on something specific, in my opinion.

JRD

Maybe trees too? And what if you blow up a convoy on a road? Will there be holes in that road if you drive through that spot again? Wrecked vehicles?
I know buildings have a three or four stage damage model. If you hit a house once in a mission and then again in another mission it will show more damage!!

Art Blade

ah, cool! oh, and TREES! <begging> destructable trees! Man I hope they manage to put all that together... let's hope for the best :) I wouldn't mind permanent footprints .)

JRD

Hehehe me neither... as long as I can play it with my 9800GTX, I'll be fine with whatever detail they can come up with.
I also hope they have spreading fire like in FC2... I know I'll miss that if they don't

Art Blade

spreading fires... now I understand why those mercs can pee!

Art Blade

FYI - first post updated with actual sys reqs

Art Blade

FYI
new update of the first post, now min
and recommended specs available.

Tags:
🡱 🡳