Quick Start Saves

Started by RedRaven, May 14, 2009, 03:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

When I had a PS one me and my friends used to swap some save files using our memory cards... nowadays I think consoles have no memory cards anymore, so I don't know how it would w@&k, but the idea is the same!! Or isn't it?  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

as far as i'm aware alot of the save-games for PS3 are saved directly onto its own internal hard drive. could be wrong as i dont yet own one, but a couple of mates do and never seen them use a memory card with it.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

The original zipped files for Andre, Frank, Hakim and Xianyong have been removed from the download secton. Each has been replaced with a 'quick start pack' that contains a better variety of saves 11 Easy and 11 Infamous level - read the enclosed README file for more info.

Share and Enjoy

Cheers ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

The easy ones are for me - thanks RedRaven!  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Josip pack is now up, 5 down 4 to go. . . . . ;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TopHat01

I'd play on Infamous if we were allowed more syrettes and ammo...

PZ

Because I love to cheat, I'm going to play infamous with unlimited ammo, and God mode  ;) just to see how different the merc behavior is for me.

Art Blade

looking forward to your upcoming report  :-X

RedRaven

likewise, would like to know if you experience any difference in the mercs, as far as i have noticed the only difference in the difficulty levels is the reduced amount of ammo, meds nades etc. there is still the same amount of mercs at outposts and safe houses and not noticed any change in patrols either. As far as i could tell by going up in level you need to be less trigger happy or loot from dead mercs more when you run out. Did notice that at higher levels mercs are less likely to drop grenades tho.

PZ

So far I've not noticed any difference for sure, but I need to play longer.  A first impression is that they were a bit more aggressive in flanking my position, but I cannot say for sure yet.  If there is any difference, it has not been that noticeable just yet.

Art Blade

Some time ago I tried that too, playing at higher difficulty, for a short time. I think the only difference is how you deal with less ammo and health.

PZ

Seems to be the case, although the Prima guide claims that the mercs are "smarter" at the higher difficulty levels - just have not been able to justify that claim in my travels though.  I'll stick with it for a while (with unlimited ammo of course  ;D) to confirm my initial observation.  There have been several instances where I thought something was happening a certain way in FC2 only to finally realize with enough play that it was not the case that I had originally though.

Art Blade

I too read that in that prima guide. But that wouldn't be the only erm, difference between whatever they played and what we play :)

PZ

So true - sometimes I wondered what they must have been smoking when they played the game  ;D

Art Blade

or rather, when they wrote the guide  ;D

RedRaven

Quote from: PZ on September 24, 2009, 10:54:47 AM
Seems to be the case, although the Prima guide claims that the mercs are "smarter" at the higher difficulty levels - just have not been able to justify that claim in my travels though.  I'll stick with it for a while (with unlimited ammo of course  ;D ) to confirm my initial observation.  There have been several instances where I thought something was happening a certain way in FC2 only to finally realize with enough play that it was not the case that I had originally though.

yeah sure ! if by smarter they mean still dumb enough to walk IN to flaming fields instead of away from them.....

have seen that type of Merc Dumbness on all levels so have stuck to infamous when playing.

Art Blade

heh, so I have stuck to easy - at least the difference is more grens, ammo and some such :)

RedRaven

Paul is now up in the downloads section, will try to get Warren, Quarbani and Marty done and up before i get lost in OFP2 at the weekend ;D

fragger

I thanked you for your "Paul Pack" in that post mate, just like to add further thanks for your time and effort in creating these download packs :) :-X :-X

RedRaven

Warren pack done & up. Only Quarbani and Marty to update and post. :-X

RedRaven

Marty & Quarbani done and up. That completes the Characters available to use as Michele, Flora and Nasreen are only Buddies.

Art Blade

excellent w@&k.  :-X

Now I recommend you do something about your 100% accuracy. hehehe :) You know, I was almost like you during my first through and I believe at the beginning of my second, also. Then I realised I missed some fun of "going in wild" - so right now I use Deagle for fun firefights, SAW, that rapid fire automatic shotgun (I used it so seldomly I have never remembered its name, hehe) - basically, crap on accuracy. In my case, my current progress in my third through is about 60+% with -- I don't know exactly -- 80k shots fired, I guess last time I checked it was 65k+ shots and still I have 25+% accuracy (lol)  ;D But I am enjoying it so much more since I ignore accuracy stats, and I can now shoot my vehicle's engine until it steams, so I can repair it "back to fresh" without thinking. No more careful approaches. Full tilt  ;D.

RedRaven

Cheers Art :-X

Its funny that you mention 100% accuracy because the 1st thing I did after finally getting all those quick save packs done was to pick one at random from the Post Tutorial sets, grab a few diamonds from the Pala/Mikes area, get tooled up and go on a "Lead-spitting rampage". And to make it a little more interesting from previous Plays decided not to do any convoy missions until last as they are always the first thing i do, and to roll dice to determine which map sector to deliver my little gift of carnage (using an 8 sided dice and not including the sector currently in so it will keep me moving).

Hakim got the job as my instrument of chaos ;D . Weapon choices are limited to

Makarov, IED's and Ornate Shotgun as Secondary.
Homeland37, G3-KA4, M1903 and Silent Shotgun as Primary
PKM and Crossbow as Special
(opted for Makarov, Silent Shotgun and Crossbow to begin with)

will add variety with what ever else i find on my travels, and of course anything useful dropped by dead Mercs.

And when i get my hands on a Unimog will try to keep it going as long as possible to make use of the unlimited ammo that the mounted .50 calibre machine gun gets.

And not keeping to a strict 100% accuracy will enable me to capture more vids too.

"Let the Games Begin"

Tags:
🡱 🡳