Quick Start Saves

Started by RedRaven, May 14, 2009, 03:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I made one for you lot :) 100% acc (5 shots lol)

Xianyong Quickstart savegame

Description: Hello OWG member,

this is a quickstart savegame for you. The file is
renamed to xianyong-quickstart.sav and can be
used as is (just copy into you savegames folder).
No DLC used, Predecessor Tapes enabled.

You are Xianyong, your best buddy (rescued from
Cock Fights) is Warren, your rescue buddy is Paul.
You have just finished the tutorial in Pala and are
looking at your Assault truck, ready to rock.

You have purchased and upgraded a Makarov.

Current Diamonds:
+10 payment at Slaughterhouse
-6 Makarov, reliability and accuracy upgrade
+7 at Mike's, road to Pala, both Pala suitcases.
----
11 to your disposal.

Have fun,

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

just posted Marty (4% game / all 4 weapon convoys done. added bonus = 107% accuracy over 38 shots. Hardcore level, makarov+m1903 only weapons bought)
Enjoy  ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Thanks dke, just started another play on the PS3 this morning and was lamenting the lack of my MP5, dart, and flare gun - too bad we can't get saved games for the PS3!  :'(

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on June 27, 2009, 03:19:25 AMadded bonus = 107% accuracy ... Hardcore level

Man, you're crazy!  ;D  This will be great for anyone with DLC who wants to start over thanks dke58  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

no probs. got a save at 200% too, but trying to get it a little deeper in before posting!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Wow, do you play MP?  - must be a killer if you do...

By the way, does anyone know it it is necessary to have the DLC in order to play the DLC saves?  The only thing I'd be concerned about are the weapons because the vehicles seem to be direct replacements for what is already there.  Maybe if you saved the game without carrying any of the special weapons, anyone could use it.

Art Blade

I tried it myself, you can't. The game would show up on the saves list, even with a pic, but then telling you (paraphrase) "the save is from a machine with DLC and can only be used on a machine with DLC"

PZ

Looks like one of our members, T.V., posted a couple of quick start sets for FC2 - check out his detailed descriptions in the download descriptions  :-X

Quick start after tutorials - all characters-1

Quick start after tutorials - all characters-1

RedRaven

CALLING ALL MERCS
working on a Variety pack for each Character, have posted  almost final version of ANDRE, so feedback be sweet :-X
CONTENTS
  11 EASY quick start saves  11 INFAMOUS quick start saves     All 100% Accuracy and they are progressive,1st is Escape from PALAthen 4 one for each rescuethen each of those Post-Tutorial followed by 2 saves, 1 for each faction with All 4 convoy missions done. Gives you all weapons available in Northern map. NO exploration has been done, no extra Diamonds or Tapes, Golden AK's or Outposts Uncovered. Just GUNS!  To Follow will be each of those 2 having done all 3 of their faction missions, etc etc.

Also going to include pics and Vids from the games too but no Vid in this one.
If folks like it ALL 8 characters will be finished and posted by end of weekend.
  ( needs DLC to w@&k - sorry, nothing i can do about it)
  Enjoy :-X 

PZ

Excellent dke - I like the variety! :-X

RedRaven

cheers PZ, should of stated in the post that all progression thru each set/stage of saves is done on INFAMOUS level, (sort it for EASY at end of each Stage) that, coupled with keeping 100% Accuracy and not collecting diamonds to get better weapons has made achieving 4 convoy hits in a row pretty taxing, certainly added new sets of challanges to getting the job done.24 pistol rounds, 2 grenades, 2 molotovs, 3 crossbow bolts !!! now using terrain alot more creatively, any vehicle has always been a disposable weapon in my book, more so now, and of course the machete gets used a hell of alot more, some of those mercs are that sun-struck you can just stand up and charge right at them, some dont even bring their weapon up, then look shocked as they get cut down, almost always takes 2 strikes to kill as a point of interest. Anyway, enough from me for now, back to the (s)laughter ;) :-X 

Art Blade

outstanding w@&k, TV and dke58  :-X Ta a lot  :)

PZ

We probably have the best set of quick starts on the net  :-X

RedRaven

have now added 3 Quick Start packs to the download section (look in Downloads - save games with DLC)
so far there is Andre, Frank and Hakim.
11 Easy saves, 11 Infamous. (starting with Escape from PALA, then pre-tutorial, post-tutorial, and with all weapons convoys completed) see the Readme file in each pack for more details.
The other 6 characters to follow ASAP.
Cheers,
share & enjoy  :-X

EDIT- any and all feedback is appreciated ;D 

PZ

Although I've not had the chance to play much of anything lately, I downloaded and looked at what you compiled - excellent organization of the files in neat folder structure, and your readme contained excellent detail  :-X

RedRaven

This is a little clip of Frank in action and on top form

[smg id=1302 type=av]

was not able to include it with the saves due to size, but here it is.  (alot easier in FC2 than it is in A2 to get these one bullet head-shot kills i'll tell ya ;) )

JRD

[if you came here from "(funny) tactics and tips" please read the following posts too /edit/Art Blade]

The only way I can do headshots from far away is aiming with a dart rifle (empty, or I'll use it), swaping to another gun without touching the mouse and firing.

Congrats dke... two tough shots  :-X :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

hehe, I couldn't even see the first target :) Nice  :-X

JRD, that works indeed, any weap with a scope will do - aim and switch and shoot :)

Oh, one more way you can do it... use the scope, hold it, and mark the centre of the scope on your screen using a thin felt pen - of course the dot remains, but allows for shooting from the hip or with poor ironsights. Also fun watching that dot during films, you can see how the camera operates :)

PZ

That's a good couple of tips Art - I think that I'll try the dot on the screen with a bit of transparent tape so I can easily remove it - I was not even aware that you could aim and switch weapons - cool, especially when you run out of those extremely limiting number of darts you're issued.  :-X

RedRaven

didnt know about the aim-switch either, think i'll give that a go to try and extend my kill range with a pistol ;D
nice one JRD :-X

btw - must admit that shots like those in the Frank vid whilst keeping accuracy at 100%
would be near as damit impossible without the ability to quick-save and quick-load on the PC - must use those as often as actually hitting the mark ::)

Art Blade

I just linked from "(funny) tactics and tips" because JRD's tip is significant :)

Calibra88

I have a question,

Would it be ok if I upload a ''starter'' save for the ps3? (eu region)
As I don't want to steal anyone his/her idea, but I believe that there are some people on here who play on the PS3. :)

JRD

Hi Calibra88 and welcome to OWG.
I say post away... good idea to have start saves for PS3 as well!
Don't worry about stealing ideas, we share them a lot here  ;)
Cheers mate
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I didn't even know PS3 players could share files! Good idea, go on :)

PZ

I didn't either, and I even play on PS3!  :-[

You might also include a readme telling people how to get it onto their PlayStation if you have the time.

Tags:
🡱 🡳