Artefacts

Started by RedRaven, January 31, 2010, 08:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

Here is the place for all discussion of Artefacts. Best ones, Worse ones, Good Recipes for Oblivion Lost mod etc. Will post a full list of Artifacts and their Bonuses soon.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Artifacts hunting

So far in SoC I managed to find 3 kinds of artifacts: jellyfish, which I found laying around somewhere in Cordon... no big deal.
I can't remember what kind of artifact the other two are, but one of them I looted from someone I shot and  the other one I found under an anomaly.
The one in the anomaly is the one intriguing me (the one in the dead body I`ll never know how was found, anyway  ;D): I was passing by, dodging an ordinary anomaly when I saw something yellowish in it, As I got closer, the anomaly seemed to dissapear and I got that artifact... no sound attracted me, no gauge, no nothing... it was pure luck , I guess!
I saw some vids of STALKER CS where it seems to be some kind of gauge or something like the magic diamond GPS in FC2... you raise that gauge and it points you towards an artifact.
So I was wondering... is this how you find anomalies in SoC as well and I`ve been just lucky and dumb at the same time?  :P
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

In clear sky you get given a basic detector, you use it in a similar way to the gps from FC2, also in CS the artefacts are hidden so you have to track them down with the detector. In SoC there are detectors but usually they are for Anomolies, the artefacts are visible, often just bobbing around on the ground.
I'm in the process of creating a reference sheet for SoC with all the artefacts and the bonus / penalty they give you. Will probably be after the weekend when I can get it finished as just installed Call of Pripyat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Cheers mate!  :-X

So finding artifacts is a matter of luck but also some of them are always in a place to be found. Its just a matter of knowing they are there.
That map you posted show the location of some anomalies, but I didn't remember seeing the one I found in Garbage, near the trains!

Quote from: RedRaven on February 05, 2010, 06:36:09 AM
I'm in the process of creating a reference sheet for SoC with all the artefacts and the bonus / penalty they give you. Will probably be after the weekend when I can get it finished as just installed Call of Pripyat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That would be much appreciated...
Are the artefacts the same in SoC, CS and CoP?? Can they be combined the same way in the three games?

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Not found any in CoP yet, though a lot of the ones from SoC are in CS and there effects are pretty much the same.

As for locations of artefacts some are random and some are fixed (usually in a stash or box). Check out the map link in "Zone map" thread here at OWG in the SoC board.

Art Blade

...which is exactly the same link as in my previous post  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Ooops! didn't notice :-[ .

Anyhow, the image below shows all 27 artefacts, their names, bonuses and penalties.

[smg id=1953]
The Green text shows the bonus gained by wearing the Artefact on your belt, and the Red shows the penalty. (any Artefacts carried in your back-pack do nothing, they must be placed in one of the five slots on your belt).

Some of the Artefacts have no penalty though these are usually the hardest to find, whilst others have a very small bonus compared to the detrimental effects they cause.

Goldfish, Gravi, Jellyfish, Night Star, Stone Flower and Wrenched all have a penalty of Radiation +5. This means that whilst wearing them you are exposed to radiation and your Rad level will keep increasing until it kills you :( . Anti-rad meds and vodka will only reduce the radiation temporarily, the only way to safely wear them is to also wear Droplets, Fireball, Crystal Thorn, Thorn, Urchin and Crystal as each of them absorbs either 10, 20 or 30 points of radiation.
For example if you wore Fireball, Jellyfish & Stone Flower you would get bulletproof capacity +5, radiation +10 and would suffer endurance -18. So you would still gain a little extra protection from any radiation in several areas of the Zone.
If you had Droplets and 3 Jellyfish it would be bulletproof capacity +6  endurance -18, radiation +5 as Droplets will only soak up 10 points of rads yet the 3 Jellyfish total 15 rads.

My personal favourite combination is Flash and Fireball, with those 2 you still gain a decent endurance bonus and can fill the other 3 slots on your belt with anything that has a Radiation penalty and still get a little extra rad protection. I never really worry about the Electric shock penalty from flash as Anomalies that cause electric shocks are not that common and are very easy to spot.
(image quality is best could get it, so have put a larger, better quality image in the download section)

Hope that's all of some help to you in your exploration of the Zone. :-X

Scavenger.Trespasser.Adventurer.Loner.Killer.Explorer.Robber

Art Blade

Excellent, good job, Red  :-X

Red's file is a 1920x1200 jpg to be found here:

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=126

JRD

Excellent w@&k Red...
Now I see the arithmetic involved... geez, it seemed so boring in school... the teacher never mentioned it could save my virtual @ss one day!!  ;D ;D ;D

RedRaven

ROFL ;D

At first it can seem odd because of how the values are expressed. All the info on that chart is taken from screen shots of each artefact 'in-game'
My favourite total conversion mod 'Oblivion Lost' adds a few new artefacts which are not listed, it also increases the capacity of your belt. And it adds recipes! You collect them in a similar way to Stash information. When you find one it tells you how to make new Artefacts by placing certain artefacts in anomolies for a specific period of time, then if you are lucky it will spit out a new artefact. Excellent addition to the game, gives more reasons to explore the Zone in more detail.

Tags:
🡱 🡳