Modding tools

Started by gibbed, September 11, 2011, 05:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

I still can't seem to jump higher than normal, and also trying to find it in gamemodconfig to make changes, but can't seem to find it    :D

Art Blade

Ow. I thought it worked? I use 5 or 6 only and can jump up a house's rooftop.

Remember to change ALL instances. Use CTRL-H to find and replace all instances of the jumpheight, there are many :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

The weaponshop mod where everything costs 1 diamond works yes, but the jumping not, after leaving Sefapane I stopped next to the road and tried jumping again, the jump is normal.
I did a CTRL-F jumpheight search but come up zero, that's why I been struggeling

Art Blade

"come up zero" -- does that mean you didn't find any entries at all?  ??? I hope not. I think you changed all of the entries but still don't see any difference. That's what happened to me and what gibbed told us about: it's cached in the savegame and I'd describe it as something that "wears off slowly" -- just for fun and giggles, start a new career (no savegame, no old values cached) and jump with that guy. I reckon it will w%&k immediately  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Nope I didn't change anything, I downloaded it from the link PZ was so kind to post for me then I copied it as is to the gamemodesconfig folder.
SO what you saying is that I should start a new game, ok if that's going to w@&k then good

PZ

Actually, I'm not sure I changed the jump height in that gamemodesconfig file - I just checked the download and it specifies the weapons changes, but not jump height, so I probably didn't change that particular parameter.  You might try editing the file for the jumpheight parameter and see where that takes you.

At least you now can get mod file to w@&k, so with any luck you can get other parameters to w%&k.  If all else fails, we can post our modded gamemodesconfig to our downloads section.

nexor

only snag is that I cannot locate the darn thing, I tried a search on jump and got this.......<JumpDamage fMinSpeedFallDamage="14" fMaxSpeedFallDamage="17" iMinFallLevelStim="2" iMaxFallLevelStim="32" />........other than that I get not found message

PZ

hmmm... maybe it is is player.xml?  If so that might explain why you're having problems - sorry, I don't recall exactly - you might read through Art's fine article on modding FC2 here.  Specifically of interest, what you need do to get player.xml up and working.

Art Blade

It is PZ's fine article. I just edited it a little  :)

nexor

I found it in player.xml, it wasn't altered, I made changes but there's no effect in the game, I will start a new game as you suggested

Art Blade

And try "evict_resources" in the game's console once in a while.. it may be of use, too  :)

nexor

Art Blade

It kind of flushes the PC's memory. I usually use it if the game's graphics start to stutter/lag. It may help to flush the cache used to store those damn jump parameters :)

nexor

ok, will give a go also, thanks mate   :-X   

Art Blade

Good luck, then :)

by the way, the console should "understand" the auto-completion function (open console, type "e" and hit the TAB key -- this should make the console change that "e" into "evict_resources") saving you all the typing  ;)

nexor

nexor

Just started a new game.........Jumping still doesn't w@&k   :'(

nexor

A question, The file 30_player.xml was copied from libraries/world 1 to mymods/patch where it was changed to player.xml, in libraries/world 2 is also a 30_player.xml file, does that also get copied to mymods/patch ? and do I call it what??

Binnatics

Quote from: nexor63 on September 23, 2011, 04:07:49 PM
Just started a new game.........Jumping still doesn't w%&k   :'(

Uhhrm, didn't you want to get higher jumping from the start? And now you can't jump ????

I would rather be able to get rid of the invisible walls in SP. That would give great possibilities according to sniperspots and so >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

Art and PZ did some changes in player.xml and they say it works, with my luck nothing will w@&k  :D

Binnatics

^+-+

Well, good luck then!
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Quote from: nexor63 on September 29, 2011, 01:51:38 AMA question ... does that also get copied to mymods/patch ? and do I call it what??

No, and therefore you don't need to call it anything.

The file serves as a template. You could have taken any file, even an empty one, named it player.xml and dropped it into that folder. The modding tools will convert whatever you have in your modding folders into something that will be merged with the actual game = the game gets modded.

So, if you haven't made any changes at all, nothing at all in the game will change after running the modding tools. If you made changes in the wrong places, you either won't notice/recognise them or you will because the game crashes.

That's what leaves us with questions. Why don't your changes w%&k as you expect them to? :)

One question for you:

Have you changed the one file in ..FC2\modding\mymod\patch.xml?

It should contain a list of the actual mod (the steam mod still needs to be reinstalled by your own mod, hence the files still need to be there) plus the files you added (if you added some, such as "player.xml" -- here is mine, mine reads player and curves and perhaps other stuff, but it's all there in the mymod\patch folder and therefore needs to be listed in the patch.xml

Quote<object hash="BCDD10B4">
  <object external="01_Curves.xml" />
  <object external="02_gadgets.xml" />
  <object external="03_IGE_Archetypes.xml" />
  <object external="04_multiplayer.xml" />
  <object external="05_OA_BuildingAccessories.xml" />
  <object external="06_OA_Buildings.xml" />
  <object external="07_OA_Burnable.xml" />
  <object external="08_OA_CoverObjects.xml" />
  <object external="09_OA_DetailObjects.xml" />
  <object external="10_OA_Explosives.xml" />
  <object external="11_OA_Furniture.xml" />
  <object external="12_OA_Ladder.xml" />
  <object external="13_OA_Lights.xml" />
  <object external="14_OA_StreetSigns.xml" />
  <object external="15_object_archetypes.xml" />
  <object external="16_pickups.xml" />
  <object external="17_pile_archetypes.xml" />
  <object external="18_StimEmitters.xml" />
  <object external="19_STP_archetypes.xml" />
  <object external="20_vehicle.xml" />
  <object external="21_WeaponProperties.xml" />
  <object external="22_weapons.xml" />
  <object external="player.xml" />
  <object external="Curves.xml" />
</object>

nexor

Spoiler
[smg id=3716]
This in mine

Art either you or PZ also said that I must make sure that I change everything concerning the jump height.
I have discovered the entry
<value name="fJumpHeight" type="Float">1</value>
            <value name="fJumpHeightExhausted" type="Float">0.4</value>
appears 102 times in player.xml about halfway through the jumpheight value 1 changes to 1.17

Art Blade

I see that the first lines are missing (I assume you just didn't capture them in that pic but they're there, right?) and that you sorted the list alphanumerically (which isn't needed as long as you add newest file names last to the list, like I did).

So basically yes, you did include player.xml in the patch.xml -- and now I've freshly run out of ideas.  :-()

Geez, man, whatcha do to that damn thing, eh?  :-()

nexor

Who me????....................I didn't do anything to the damn thing!!!!!!!!   :o  :o   :-D

yes they are all there,
what about all the other entries I found, I changed them all, in total 102 entries but then the build_patch.bat gave me an error so I rectified it
Spoiler
[smg id=3717]

Tags:
🡱 🡳