Stranded Deep

Started by Dweller_Benthos, February 09, 2015, 08:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Stranded Deep is an open world (more like open ocean) survival game. It's still in early access so there are some glitches and bugs to be expected. There's also not much of a game yet. You are the survivor of a plane crash in the Pacific Ocean. After the intro of the plane crash itself, you find you are on a rubber life raft near a small island. You have the raft, the paddle to move it, a lighter and a pocket knife. With those materials you have to survive. There are no enemies, unless you count the sharks, and no danger except starving or dying of thirst. You can create new tools by chopping up palm trees and gathering sticks and stones to make a fire. For food, there are coconuts you can crack open to drink the milk and eat, plus you can gather crabs and fish to cook. You can also hunt the sharks to slice up and cook. Eating raw fish, crab or shark can make you sick.

Then there's the shipwrecks. Scattered around the islands are various shipwrecks which you can search for better tools, medicine, and the holy grail, parts for a boat motor to attach to your raft to get you around faster than rowing does.

Right now, I would say hold off unless you want to get in on the early access price, as there isn't much more than that to do in the game, but if it sounds interesting, might be something to keep an eye on and see how it develops.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

See, they were right not to allow in any passengers with concealed pocket knives.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Sounds like a sunny version of DayZ. Could be fun, but besides sharks and starvation I would like to have a bit more competition ;)

But indeed nice to keep an eye on :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Sounds like something a bit different, which can be a good thing.

Wonder if you'll get to have conversations with a volleyball...?

Art Blade

first you need to call it Wilson. If it does not converse with you, that blasted thing can still be cast away.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I forgot to mention, there are two references to the "Castaway" movie, you CAN find a volleyball, but due to licensing, I'm sure, it's called "Wollie" (or is it "Vollie"?) and not Wilson. You can also find a "DeadEx" box that has a certain similarity to a certain box used by a certain shipping company mentioned in a certain movie. As far as I know, neither item does anything more than give you a chuckle.
D_B

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

As an aside, I was reading in some trivia article about Castaway (may have been at IMDB) the producers claimed that the one FedEx box that Hanks didn't open but ultimately delivered contained a solar-powered satellite phone :-()

Art Blade

Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

There's no way if I were in that situation that I wouldn't have torn open every box that washed ashore.
D_B

fragger

As you, or anybody, would :-D

Art Blade

except guys from UBI, that is.

fragger

:-()

If anybody should be marooned on a desert island...

PZ

:laugh:

... without a computer of course  8-X

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Stiku

Getting really tired of all of these survival, zombie, horror games, that follow always the same pattern   :(

Art Blade

zombie survival overdose, yes

Dweller_Benthos

This game at least has no zombies in it, just sharks. Of course, there's always the possibility they will add them at a later date, as the game is still very early in development. I hope not lol.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳