ZombieU

Started by Jim di Griz, October 03, 2012, 06:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

As this section appears to be where all of the zombies live (or die...again), I'll post this here. You can always tell when an apolcalypse is in the pending tray, as so many films and books seem to crop up before said date. This time it's the turn of games to go for it and they mostly feature zombies all cashing in on the 2012 thing.

I've seen stuff mentioned about this title before, but as it's a Wii U exclusive I never really looked into it. Well they are now talking about opening it up for other platforms sometime next year...but after seeing the first two Dev Diaries, I think I'm still going to be going for a Wii U.

Zombi U - In The Eye (episode 1)

It looks grim and raw and I really do like the idea that if your character dies, you can't just respawn and carry on. You won't see that character again...well, maybe as another zombie.

ZombiU - In The Eye of ZombiU - Episode 2 [EUROPE]

There is also an intriguing amount of stuff about John Dee in there; the prime advisor to Elizabeth I and someone mentioned in Uncharted 3. He also has a prophecy about 2012 which looks to be nicely worked into the story. So it's got a Secret World feel too.

The main reason for going to Wii U for me though, is the way the touch-pad gets used as in-game device. Okay, that's like the Vita and the PS3 but the interface has so many more features going for it now. Plus you can still use it to play the game even if the TV is in use for something else - and multiple accounts on the same console can play the game; something that Sony won't be doing.

Going to be a hardcore game - can you survive one night?
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

interesting concept. I liked the scene where the player was looking at the device to type in a number code to open a door lock, the device was the actual thing to use in order to open the lock, while in the background on the monitor he could observe his character and see whatever was creeping up from behind. :)

I believe the only sort of horror game I played was F.E.A.R. and if you want to categorise S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as horror, alright then, I played it, too (but for me it was more of a shooter, really). I'm not a zombie fan or horror fan, for that matter ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳