Dogon village assassination

Started by deadman1, August 02, 2009, 01:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

When I stopped by the Marina bar for a beer I bumped into Nasreen who had a little problem. Seems there´s an APR official asking questions about her in Dogon village, questions she would rather see go unanswered. She asked if I would do her a favor and "persuade" him to stop. Since I wasn´t doing anything special I agreed to do it.

After an uneventful busride to the Northeast busstop I made my way to the safehouse North of the outpost to wait for darkness. When I stepped out of the door the heavens opened.
- Brilliant, I thought to myself, now I´ll be soked to the bone before I get there.
In a foul mood I took off to the West along the road, about halfway my diamondindicator started to flash so I pulled over just in time to avoid running into a Gltruck. Following the indicator I found a case with a couple of diamonds, atleast I wouldn´t go emptyhamded from this mission. When I got near Dogon I parked my AT  and entered the village from the East. Sneaking up the stairs along the eastern side of the village I met a couple of mercs walking towards me, a quick sidestep behind a corner and the walked right by me close enough for me to smell what they had for dinner on their breath.

Walking slowly I made my way to the very top of the village and looked down on wy first target, the mortar guy. There really was no need for me to take him out but he gave such a hard time on my last visit here, so I showed him the longest finger on my hand and put a dart in the back of his skull. Continuing to the SE along the cliff, all the time scanning for the qurious gentleman I spotted him on the eastern side of the village making a phone call. A silent wisper from my dartrifle and the mission was done.  I quickly went to the glider on the other side of the cliff and sailed down to where I parked the AT, only to find it had been "liberated" by someone.

Muttering a few choise words I started walking back to the safehouse where I dried my clothes and got a bit of sleep. The next day I waited for the mercpatrol and "borrowed" their AT for the trip back to the busstation. I went back to the bar and told Nasreen that  the official was pushing up the daisies. We shared a bottle before I headed back Mosate for my next mission.

PZ

Excellent read deadman - I usually follow the same route as you indicated.  If you do the Dogon village in the future, try parking your vehicle near the river (turn on the dead end road near the Baobab tree.  I've never lost my vehicle if I park next to the river's edge.

Nice writing style  :-X

PS: when I read stories like yours, I want to fire up FC2 again, even when I have plans to do another game!  :-X

Art Blade

Nice one, deadman! Smooth reading :-X

I liked this "I showed him the longest finger on my hand"  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Mechsican

It seems either our friend retiredgord decided to make a new name or we have yet ANOTHER awesome writer in our midst.

stop hiding behind a false visage gord.  ;)

KingRat

Very good Deadman. I was getting flashes of Peter Gunn and Mike Hammer while reading that  :)

deadman1

Thank you everyone, nice to see that you enjoyed it. I must confess though that retierdgord´s style of writing was a huge inspiration for me when I wrote this  ;)

fragger

:) Nice bit of writing there, deadman!  :-X :-X

I think retiredgord inspires us all.

retiredgord

Very good read deadman. It's fun reading the different stories from different people. It's a hoot to read others' adventures and the site gets better and better with others contributing.
Keep em coming OWG folks. It's great.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

I did this mission again this morning, following in deadman's footsteps.

Nasreen gave me the mission, and I made my way to the northeast bus stop where I drove to the nearby armory and waited for thee GLAT, which I stole and started driving west.  My intent was to go to the safe house east of the Dogon village, and make my was cross-country to the river, then park my vehicle on the dirt road leading from the river to the front entrance of the village.

Although bright daylight, I kept crouched as I made my way up the stairs on the eastern side - took out a merc from behind with the 6P9, then continued up to the spot where there was a large beamed structure with grass roof - took out the mortar merc.  Next, I made my way up to the top where the adobe buildings make good cover - the target was on the eastern side.

There is a ledge that makes a great sniper hide on the eastern side, where you can look down at almost everything in the village - I saw a tempting target - a merc with a cowboy hat, but I let him pass through several buildings until he found a place to relieve himself.  Once he was in a compromised position, I took him out with a head shot - no one was wiser.

Next, all I needed do was wait for the tartet to appear, which he did - out into the yard for a peaceful smoke - a whisper from the dart, and he went to sleep.

The way out was via the glider on the cliff above the river - back to the safe house to pick up a new ride, then back to the marina to report to Nasreen.  A short mission - 3 rounds, 3 victims - in and out without anyone the wiser.

fragger

Nicely done, mate :-X

That SP9 is such a cool weapon!

Art Blade

Where did you get an "S" P 9 ? ;)

I love that pistol too, only change it for an M-79 once in a while.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Whoops :-[ I must have been thinking "Silent" P9 :-()

PZ

fragger

What do you know – I drew the same mission from Nas myself tonight. In my case, I managed to sneak completely unobserved through the northern part of the Dogon village, went up through the clifftop ruins and skewered the smoking suit with a dart from the overhanging rockface. There were two mercs standing just a few feet away with their backs to him and they were none the wiser when Mr. Suit stubbed his cigarette out with his face. Cost of mission: 1 dart.

I just had to snap this from up on the cliffs. This game can be so atmospheric at times

[smg id=3142 align=center width=400]

PZ

Marvelous photo, fragger  :-X

I rarely come in via the route you used because I often become lost  ^+-+

fragger

Art Blade

nice shot, amazing light there  :) :-X

PZ

I did this mission again this morning, and had an almost perfect experience:

• Went to the post office to pick up a predecessor mission, and guess where the tape was to be found  >:D
  • Took the side mission to kill the trucker - climbed to the sniper tower in the Outpost and a single grenade completed the job
  • Went into the Dogon village, used the 6P9 on one merc, went up the north side to dart the mortar merc, then one final merc on the way to the predecessor tape
  • One 6P9 round set the acetylene tanks ablaze and eventually took out the drug plant.
  • Taking the glider down to the river where I parked my Uni allowed me to quickly race to save my buddy at the un-named outpost.

Art Blade

gaming like a pro, aren't you  :)

PZ

^+-+
Such instances are far too rare to be even considered a "good" gamer, let alone a pro!

Art Blade

Long ago a good player gave me some advice. Easier said than done, though: "You need to relax" (while playing) ;D The harder you try, the worse you'll play  ;)

PZ

That's quite true of all hand-eye coordination activities.  You're your own worst enemy  :-()

Art Blade

^+-+ true  :-D

Reminds me of this: "If you w@&k a lot, you'll commit a lot of mistakes. If you w@&k less, you'll commit fewer mistakes. If you don't w@&k at all, you won't commit any mistakes. Who doesn't commit any mistakes will be promoted."  :-()

PZ

^+-+ :-X ^+-+

This is true worldwide!  I see countless "promoted" people on the streets all the time!

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳