Recording my 2nd FarCry 2 Playthrough... Thoughts/Ideas

Started by Mechsican, July 24, 2009, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Mechisan, the Dazzle you have is listed as 100 right?  I have one that has no other markings but the name. Are they the same? Also is your video  cam analogue or digital? Thanks for your answers.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Hey Gord,

Don't mean to answer for Mech, and I'm sure he can add more, but no camera is involved - the PS3 output is directed into an external piece of hardware which in turn feeds into the digital guts of the computer.  Check out this link to the hardware I've had for at least a year now (I still feel stupid) but have not used yet for the analog output from the console.

Mechsican

Exactly as PZ says. i have my 360's component cords into my TV and the analog RWY into the Dazzle. Mine is red in coloration as apposed to the newer DVC 100 model which is white. I also have two audio splitter cables to turn the 360's two audio outputs into four so i get audio capture and output through my TV.

Art Blade

I'm glad we now have our console people w@&k together and find out what they wanted to know for some time now. Thanks Mech for the "input"  ;) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Mechsican

Alright part #5, which is the final part of the intro is uploaded. expect it to be live within the hour. As for a gameplay update I now have finished all convoy missions and two assassination missions. I have all three weapon crates, camo suit, and the medium syrette pack and 3 spare diamonds. When i get all the assassination missions and as many diamonds as i can muster I will begin the main faction missions.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Thanks for the link PZ. Because of my advanced age and limited computer skills, I did not know such stuff is out there. Another question is, my computer on the second floor has a Windows Media Setup (the son's old puter, and he watched TV on it) and the PS3 is in the basement two floors down. The son can have us wireless, probably with little trouble, so can the wireless be used to send the images up and is capture via the PS3 do-able?  Inquiring minds want to know. I heard that someplace.

Mechsican

part #5 is live.

[smg id=1099 type=av]

as for wireless capture I'm not too sure. from my experience I don't believe it would be possible.

This is what i use in case you were wondering.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8853797&st=Dazzle+DVC+100&type=product&id=1209166068373

another choice if possible would be to run a long USB extension cord through the floor/ceiling much like I did with a cable line since we didn't have one in my bedroom.

JRD

Watching your vids I realized I had switched the music off since the end of my 1st playthrough.. So I fired FC2 (3rd run), switched music on and felt that same feeling I had during my first go.... aaahhhhaaahhhhh.... the feeling of Africa again... I've forgoten how immersive is the music in FC2.
Had a great FC2 session last evening... excellent for a refreshing change from ArmA2's simulation.

Thanks Mechsican  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

... and never mind about speeding the video up... look for MadCat1968's videos... those are fast  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I read YouTube doubled upload filesize from 1 to 2 gb so HD stuff fits, don't know if non-hd vids could be 2 gb too meaning double length?

Hehe, I was expecting some Mickey Mouse voices but speeding up your vid didn't really have that effect.

I think the vid quality was not as good as the first vids, did you change some settings? Edit: watched it again, now perfect. Probably what you said "still processing" problem the first time I watched.

A tip for "Escape the cease-fire zone". When you walk out of the back of that garage in Pala, don't go towards MiKe's, go the other direction. About only a couple of steps away is a boat peer, already outside the cease fire zone. Just wait a couple of seconds (well, maybe 20-30 secs) and the message "you escaped" should pop up. Much faster like that, and the mercs usually won't follow you outside the zone.

Mechsican

JRD - good to hear that it seems fresh again. I really enjoy the music when the combat kicks in you know it before you see someone in your face. It may take a bit out of the surprise of combat but i enjoy it.

Art - No different settings you are just happening to watch them before they are fully processed. If you wait or look on youtube it'll say above the video that its still processing and video quality may increase or some such.  ;D

as for escaping good tip.

Art Blade

I hope we are not developing a habit of writing like this lol  ;D

Escaping there seems a little easier for me, because not many mercs there watching you, if any :)

Mechsican

EDIT: Not broadcasting now

alright I'm bored out of my mind so if anyone is around on the forum and would like to watch some random adventuring and/or diamond collecting feel free to join me.

http://www.justin.tv/mechsican/old

be sure to make an account to chat and tell me when you are there.

PZ

Quote from: retiredgord on July 26, 2009, 06:43:32 AM
Thanks for the link PZ. Because of my advanced age and limited computer skills, I did not know such stuff is out there. Another question is, my computer on the second floor has a Windows Media Setup (the son's old puter, and he watched TV on it) and the PS3 is in the basement two floors down. The son can have us wireless, probably with little trouble, so can the wireless be used to send the images up and is capture via the PS3 do-able?  Inquiring minds want to know. I heard that someplace.

Yeah, you can send video via a wireless rf device.  Check out this link to the X-10 home control site. For anyone not familiar with X-10, that is the company that allows you to control your lights, appliances, etc via an rf controller, and you can even program macros to have your lights come on automatically just before you get home, and turn on the coffee maker in the morning before you get up.

Approximately $50 will get you a video sender and $50-100 will get you the TV input device (Go to any local PC shop and ask for a TV capture card)

PZ

Quote from: Mechsican on July 26, 2009, 08:47:06 AM
alright I'm bored out of my mind so if anyone is around on the forum and would like to watch some random adventuring and/or diamond collecting feel free to join me.

http://www.justin.tv/mechsican/old

be sure to make an account to chat and tell me when you are there.

I'd love to join you Mech, but I've quite a few OWG housekeeping chores to do.

Art Blade

Mechsican

what was your user name good Art? You should have spoke up or said so. I would have modded you.

Art Blade

thanks a lot, I once saw myself go "me: lo" and was propted to register, which i was too lazy to do ;)

Art Blade

Have to add, I was really only in a "do nothing" mode, so I leaned back, sipped a coffe, and enjoyed watching you play FC2 live. Spent quite a bit of time, until you had enough... funny things then: Missing another headshot (bullet hit the wall first), and your brutal driving LOL always cross country, engine smoking, hitting trees ever so often... I had a good time  ;D

Mechsican

Hello again folks sorry for the lack of updates but I've been busy as of late with w@&k so new parts might show up as soon as Saturday or as late as Monday.

also I've been reading a lot of retiredgord's missions and i must say I wish I had half the experiences he has had or at least could write with such style.

retiredgord

Mechsican thank you very much for the compliment. I enjoy the writing but I have to say you've got a great thing there yourself. I was trying to think of a way to do that myself but can't get the A/truck out of the garage.
I'm now inspired  to write a bit better so that the words can be like a picture and maybe more enjoyable for the readers.

PZ

Both of you have excellent ways of expressing yourselves, and I enjoy both forms of the media.  Keep up the good w@&k; there are many more people that enjoy your posts than reply to them - sometimes new members are reluctant to post, and guests hesitant to register for membership because of bad experiences elsewhere.  :-X

I'd like to start recording some of my PS3 adventures using the USB capture device, but fear that my wife might tip over the edge if I add computer equipment to the console in the bedroom.  It at least looks neat and tidy now mounted on the wall, but adding wires and hardware might be another story...  ;)

retiredgord

PZ if you ever go that route make sure the vid camera for conferencing is not set up or it;ll be "PZ, u gotta lot of 'splainin to do"  Ricky Ricardo's voice

fragger

:) Just been checking our your vids, Mechsican. You're doing the game, and the gamers, a massive service! It's cool to watch someone else play, I've never done that before. I've also learned some stuff (didn't realize the bottles of water restored some health, I thought they were petrol for Molotovs or something. D'oh!) As for "epic failures", if we didn't get turned into merc chew-toys once in a while it'd get boring. Besides, it makes the paybacks more satisfying.
Thanks heaps for all your time and hard w@&k, much appreesh!  :-X :-X

Quote from: PZ on July 30, 2009, 06:48:37 PM
Both of you have excellent ways of expressing yourselves, and I enjoy both forms of the media.
Hear hear!  :-X :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳