9 fingers assassins!

Started by JRD, February 02, 2012, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Take a look at this image.

[smg id=3978]

That's a cutscene from Altair's memory number four, when he's 82, right before he sets to kill Abbas. His left hand has the ring finger missing and so does the assassins sitting to his right. The image doesn't show it but the third assassins also have a missing finger on his left hand!

I don't remember seeing Ezio or Altair with a missing finger or any assassin for that matter! Did I completely miss that?  ????

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

you didn't miss it on Ezio but on Altaïr and perhaps the fact that it was only Leonardo DaVinci who invented a way to use hidden blades without having to sacrifice that finger (that's where the "old" hidden blades whipped out, through that gap) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on February 02, 2012, 10:04:59 AM
you didn't miss it on Ezio but on Altaïr and perhaps the fact that it was only Leonardo DaVinci who invented a way to use hidden blades without having to sacrifice that finger (that's where the "old" hidden blades whipped out, through that gap) :)

Yes, I remember that scene in AC2, so the continuity with the others in the series is quite good.  Speaking of which, Fra Savonarolo, the mad monk in AC2 - didn't he have a finger missing?

I also never considered this, but found it reading one of the descriptions that pop up when you meet someone - Leonardo da Vinci doesn't have a surname - his name literally means "Leonardo from Vinci" with Vinci being the town where he originated.

This is similar to Ezio Zuditore da Firenze, which of course means Ezio Auditore from Florence.  Another hint like this is given in ACR by (Yusuf Tazim) the first assassin Ezio meets when he arrives in Istanbul.  The guy said "...then according to the way you say names, I would be called Yusuf Tazim da Istanbul"

Tags:
🡱 🡳