Version 0.45.124426 is out!!!

Started by Binnatics, June 20, 2014, 07:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Dear fellow Charna-dwellers, the new version, the long awaited 0.45 has been moved from experimental to stable :) :-X

And guess what; I still got my gear!!!! Yay! ^-^
[smg id=7105]

I did a quick explore of some garage boxes and already found out the first differences: A tin of canned sardines now really looks like a tin :-D
And better; you can now find fishing hooks!! Looking forward to combine them with rope and a stick and see for a quiet fishing spot 8) 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Here's the changelog : http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog

Seems that all my 60x stacks of 5.56 NATO rounds have become useless, couldnt use them, split or do anything with them  >:((
So I had to revert to plan B and use the Mosin, but could not find rounds for it, so Plan C in motion which is the SKS and PU Scope.  :'(

Binnatics

^-^

Good add, with the change log. Now we will find our way throughthe new locations and new items a little easier ;)
I will have the same problem with my M4 I guess hehe :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I had already read about the "fix" regarding 30x2 ammo stacks -- I got an ammo box full of 'em  :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Well, there has actually a lot been changed. And so far I think it's good changes. We have been roaming around for quite some time looting several different areas and haven't found a single assault rifle. That's probably the biggest change; these overpowered guns are extremely rare nowadays. We did both find equipment and some filled magazines for the AK. I found a 30 round magazine for it, a high power scope and a rail-handgrip (like the RIS) to provide space for weapon flashlight and such. Funny enough we haven't found any attachments or ammo for the M4, like it doesn't exist anymore. I think it does, but it's also extremely rare.

Then the hunting really has been added, which can be funny. I found some cows along the way. Shot one, filled it and ate the raw beef that came off it. That made me sick and I have ben searching half the map for charcoal tablets. I didnot find them and eventually, after plenty of drinking and once vomiting, I finally got healthy again ^-^
The skin of the cow can be used to craft a leather backpack, bigger than the burlap equivalent. And another nice detail; the FNX red-dot-sight has been fixed :) :-X
Here's some screenieS:

The fishing hook:
[smg id=7106]

Finally we can actually see the tuna tins. They open without gear, they have a finger-grip to tear them open. Excellent for bambies ^-^
[smg id=7107]

A cow:
[smg id=7108]

Dead cow:
[smg id=7109]

His skin transformed into a courier bag:
[smg id=7110]

I found and lit a flair. Look at the extreme light that comes off:
[smg id=7111]

Stiku found a nice police hat:
[smg id=7112]

The red-dot sight actually working:
[smg id=7113]

Stiku

Found the first assault rifle since the patch was released, the AKM  :angel::
Spoiler
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Also a ship, Art actually told me that its located in Rify, in the NE area.  :o
Spoiler

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

More news concerning the new version:

Stiku and I have been exploring the new DayZ a bit longer now. Here's a picture of Stiku wearing my favourite helmet. We now know immediately when what we see is another player or us. Yesterday we killed a player that did not look like us :-D
[smg id=7114]

We found out some interesting facts. First of all, the complete lack of M4 spawns. And, we found so called heli crash sites. Stiku found an M4 but-stock near one of these, and he already suggested that maybe the M4 will only appear at these crash sites. A little search on the net learnt that he was right; the M4 loot is now exclusively found near heli crash sites. I already dumped my two last coupled 30-round clips for it. Doesn't matter, I learned to like the AKM ^-^
[smg id=7115]
[smg id=7116]

The AKM. A brilliant weapon, that has the same fire-rate as the M4. We only found 30 round mags for it so far and they are very rare, but there seem to be 70 round drum magazines for it as well. Haven't found these so far. It wears a scope that looks a bit like the PU scope. But it's bigger, and magnifies more. Not like the high power scope, but it definitely gives you an excellent view at the far end of battle. Much better than the ACOG for sure. You cannot silence the weapon, it uses the well known SKS ammo, of which you can find plenty of now. The gun is very loud. That may be a downside. But with all the good things it's my current favourite. Look at this piece of equipment, and, look at the description ;)
[smg id=7119]

I already told a bit about the hunting. Yesterday we found a Boar. I shot it, and if I'm not mistaken Stiku still has its hide in his backpack. Of course you can use this one for crafting a leather backpack as well. I kept some of it's steaks. Did not eat them raw this time, I was actually hoping to make a campfire one of these dayZ ^-^
[smg id=7117]

I think that by 'quartering' the dead boar the game divides the flesh in small pieces, fitting to each empty slot in your inventory. They all have like 16% to 19% of content, which makes you want to combine them. Don't, the game will crash if you try that. I didn't want to carry 6 pieces of raw meat in my backpack (imagine the smell :-()) so I left 4 in a bar:
[smg id=7118]

Art Blade

nice pics :)

Weird how they got rid of the M4 and those many different mags for it.

Binnatics

I think they concluded that the M4 was a bit overpowered compared to the rest of the fire arms. You wouldn't stand a chance against a guy with an M4 with any other kind of weapon. Accept maybe a mosin, but then you'd have to camp and trap an unaware player. Not really my kind of playing. Making the assault rifles much more rare will lead to a more balanced gameplay. What I ask myself is; do these crash site only appear at airfields? So far I have seen it 3 times. And always on an airfield. But that's where I've been most of the time, so I'm not sure. ????

Tags:
🡱 🡳