Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Started by PZ, March 24, 2009, 10:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

There is a new western coming to a system near you soon...

Looks like a winner, but it does not sound like it will be open world... darn...

Link to story

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I enjoyed the first one quite a bit, if only for it's different than the usual shooter location. I'll be definitely looking at this one, unless the reviews come in really bad, I'll pick it up.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spearhead_22

Oh really? Great! I enjoyed playing the first Call of Juarez. Hope this will be even better than it's predecessor.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

PZ

I read part of the description of the game and it seems that the developers are fans of movies like the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, and one of my all time favorites Once Upon a Time in the West starring Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, and other great oldsters.  In fact, I pulled out the DVD and watched it last night for some inspiration.

spearhead_22

Quote from: pzrzao on March 25, 2009, 11:15:09 AM
I read part of the description of the game and it seems that the developers are fans of movies like the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, and one of my all time favorites Once Upon a Time in the West starring Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, and other great oldsters.  In fact, I pulled out the DVD and watched it last night for some inspiration.

I am a fan of those western cowboy flicks too! Favorites being The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, For A Few Dollars More, etc. Also used to read a lot of Cowboy comics when i was a kid.
I like the deadly harmonica tune Henry Fonda plays before shooting someone..in Once Upon A Time In The West.  :)
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

PZ

Great ones! A couple of other favorites that are not as common:

• Valdez is Coming - Burt Lancaster - excellent revenge plot
  • Chato's Land - Charles Bronson - another great revenge theme
An of course, who can forget the old John Wayne favs like Eldorado, War Wagon, Rio Bravo, Rio Lobo (the ones where the towns at night are obviously shot on a set the lighting is so perfect.... don't care, love 'em anyway!

DKM2

Wow, that looks really good and sounds like a good story behind it too.
I think you guys just showed me my next game.
ebgames has it marked as shipping 5/26/09
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Even though it is supposed to be a rather linear game like COD5, I'm excited anyway - COD5 was fun, but short lived in my PS3.

DKM2

Linear can be okay as long as the story is good.
They're like playing IN a movie rather than just watching one.
Replay suffers thou, like Crysis, after 3 or 4 plays through, few surprises are left.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

Just want to add this other link.
Another vid of gameplay. Looks great

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callofjuarezboundinblood/news.html?sid=6207034&mode=previews

My wife will have good reasons to complain about my time spent with games soon...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

It looks like good game play, somewhat linear, but there are claims tha there will be at least some open world exploration.  The sound effects are cool!

Tags:
🡱 🡳