Just purchased COJ2...

Started by PZ, June 30, 2009, 02:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... just became available at Gamestop today, and I managed to snag the last copy they had - guess which platform?

JRD

I'd say PC... guess you are eager to post some pics asap  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

I'd say PS3 seeing as how PC games are getting delayed.

Either way can't wait to hear what you think, pardner!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

lol, you both have excellent arguments, and are both valid.  I ended up purchasing the PC version for the reason that JRD mentioned, but I was sorely tempted to get the PS3 version because I get to play it more.  However, the desire to post images won out.  The added benefit is that the PC version was $10 less!   :-X

It is installing on the other PC as I write...  [keeping my fingers crossed that there are no problems...]

JRD

Thats great news PZ... another board will get on now. I believe Ricamundo and retiredgord were also looking forward to see CoJ2 hit the shelves, so maybe we'll see great content being added in the next days by you guys  :-X.
Looking forward to a "First impression" posts  ;)

PZ

Well, that was kind of my logic as well - making a board successful involves having some eye candy to look at in my humble opinion. 

... so far, no crashes, and the game is still installing.  Oh, and I managed to download the 2.8GB Arma2 Demo yesterday as well - have not installed it just yet... ;)

PZ

So far, I'm absolutely loving the intro pictures as the game is installing - really like the old west - oh... a saloon just popped up....

... outstanding... just finished installing... gonna switch to that PC now...

JRD

I'll pour some whiskey into my dusty glass and wait for ya in a couple of hours, cowboy.  ;)

spaceboy

grab yourself a sasparillo and settle in PZ!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

good news, that, PZ :) and it made me chuckle how spaceboy and JRD were guessing... and JRD got the exact argument that motivated you LOL! nice one, JRD  :-X I would have said PC too, because apart from screenies there is the high detail and perhaps widescreen that count, too. And quite often a few more gimmicks like saving at any time, configuration options, editors... Sorry spaceboy, like Ricamundo and JRD (and some others, I reckon) I would always prefer a PC over a console  :) But in the end, you get what you want, not what someone else wants you to get  ;)

Have fun and... get some sleep this night LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Interesting thing - no way to easily capture screen shots yet - the PrtScr key does not w@&k within the game.  Need to do some research on this one!  ;)

Art Blade

a standard key is F12, maybe it works? Else, irfanView  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks for the tip Art, I'll try the F12 - as to Irfanview, I'll see if I can get it to run in a window, then the standard Windows commands should w@&k.  Will try it soon.

Art Blade

irfanView can do it without games always being in window mode, try fullscreen first, only if that fails, windowed.

Sometimes F10 is used too (not very much a standard, but who knows)

PZ

Cool... I'll experiment and report back... ;)

Art Blade

alright... with irfanView, open it, hit C (just like that) to open screen capture options. You'll notice to the left "Capture areas" offers

- Full desktop area, all monitors
- Desktop area - current monitor
- Foreground window which can be a fullscreen game
- Foreground window - Client area

just check it out, and you can set it to create a series of automatically captured screens saved to a folder. Many ways to do a screenie with it :)

PZ

This is going to w@&k - all I need do is program my Rumble Pad, the G9, and the G15!  :-X

Thanks for the Irfanview reminder  :-X

Art Blade

haha, have fun... I'm already figuring you talking to the screen...

"What'cha starin' at, stranger? Ya better leave now, and never come back... ever. What'cha say? You talkin' to me ? *bang* DRAW, hurhurhur! Dayem, where's that screenshot key again!"  ;D

Fiach

Looking forward to a first impressions thread too :)

Wasnt crazy about the first game, I liked the older brother sections, but the young guys sections soared over my boredom threshold  >:(

Also try variations on the F12, like CTRL or ALT + F12, try F10 too, I have seen some games use it.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳