gamemodesconfig.xml changes

Started by Art Blade, August 30, 2011, 06:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

some modifications for the gamemodesconfig.xml

Gee, guys :) Rather than uploading some 12 MB patch (mod) file, better "do it yourself" and create your own mod :-() Like that, you can adjust different things and get inspired by other mod authors, easy to incorporate into your own patch.

1) Arms Dealer Items

In previous posts you can already see where to get the modding tools and I described in a little tutorial how to prepare your own mod. This here is what to actually mod to get some results.

For instance, I always wanted to get certain weapons rather quickly but some were only available in the second map (Bowa) so I couldn't use stuff like the MGL-140 in Leboa even if I used the "unlock all weapons" cheat. Now we can  :-()

Open the gamemodesconfig.xml with something like wordpad (any text editor) and do a CTRL-F (find) with the term "cost=" so you'll jump to the relevant section. What you're going to see is the "Weapon Bazaar" list which is what you get when you access the terminal at your arms dealer so you can buy new gear.

You'll see all the gear comes with a few variables we may want to change. Relevant are these:

availability="0" // 0=right from start, 1=Leboa (first map), 2=Bowa (second map)

needsUnlock="0" // 0=available right away, 1=arms dealer mission required to unlock

cost="1" // you MUST use a value >=1 because 0 will erase the entry from the terminal (useless/unavailable)

unlockUpgrade="0" // 0=no message telling you that you've just unlocked an upgrade for your newly acquired weapon. 1=as usual, you buy a weapon and want to leave the shop when you see the on-screen message "new items available" which are the reliability and accuracy upgrades. However, 0 will make those items available but you need to have the respective matching item first (i.e. get a Dragunov so you can upgrade it).

Now a look at the code.

Beware, the spoiler contains a data sheet that will extremely expand to the sides (blows the forum/board's borders) so take a look, scroll to the right and close the spoiler again to reset this topic's borders again  ;)
Spoiler
</Summary>
<!--CATEGORY WEAPONS -->
<!--SUBCATEGORY PRIMARYWEAPONS -->
            <Item category="weapons" subcategory="primary" name="ithaca crate"  nameOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_ITHACA_CRATE_NAME" descriptionOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_ITHACA_CRATE_DESCRIPTION"    availability="0" needsUnlock="0" cost="1"  layer="Missions/WeaponBazaar/Primary/Ithaca" unlockUpgrade="0" icon="hud_icon_ithaca"/>

Make changes and save the file, run the build_patch and copy the patch files to replace your old patch. Make backups first! :)

2) Weapons and Damage

Do you think mercs are bullet-sponges that can take just more than you can stand? Then you need more power. Simply by changing the overall hit damage and/or by editing individual weapon stats.

Open the gamemodesconfig.xml with something like wordpad (any text editor) and do a CTRL-F (find) with the term "various hit locations" so you'll jump to the relevant section. What you're going to see is what makes your shooting count  :-()

It may seem a little crass but 12.0 in all entries makes me think it looks realistic when in a firefight. A 6P9 or an MP-5 may kill with one shot but there is a chance an enemy gets only wounded. I played madman in Pala and picked a fight. I could stand the ensuing shoot-out for quite some time and it made me feel good because I actually dropped mercs in a way I thought they should.  >:D Some got wounded and tried to get away and I shot them some more.. good fight  ;)

By the way, the following spoilers won't blow the borders  :-D
Spoiler
<!-- Lists the damage multipliers for various hit locations -->
<HitLocations>
    <Head multiplier="12.0"/>
    <Torso multiplier="12.0"/>
    <Arms multiplier="12.0"/>
    <Legs multiplier="12.0"/>
    <Hands multiplier="12.0"/>
    <Feet multiplier="12.0"/>
</HitLocations>

You may want to make further changes to the actual weapons. These can be found if you look for "<Summary>" to get to the right spot in the file.

Apparently all those parameters can be a value between 0 and 5, five being best/maximum. The only variable that needs a little thought is "firerate" because you cannot make a Dart Rifle behave like an Uzi with these parameters (due to the reload animation) and looking at SMGs, they have a value of like 2.5. Basically it doesn't matter if you put a 5 in there as all it will do is allowing you to pull the trigger like a maniac to fire away like crazy. Maybe automatic weapons will run through your ammo like a hot knife through butter but what the heck..  :-()

Relevant stuff there:

"damage" value="5"
"range" value="5"
"accuracy" value="5"
"reliability" value="5"
"firerate" value="5"

Take a look at the first entry in the file (unchanged):

Spoiler
       <Summary>
               <Weapons>
                   <Item name="ithaca" subcategory="primary">
                       <Description    type="crate"        name="ithaca crate"/>
                       <Description    type="challenge"    name="ithaca_challenge"/>
                       <Description    type="manual_op"       name="ithaca operation manual"/>
                       <Description    type="manual_mr"       name="ithaca repair manual"/>
                       <Description    type="bandolier"    name="shotgun bandolier"/>
                        <Attributes>
                            <Attribute type="damage" value="3" />
                            <Attribute type="range" value="1" />
                            <Attribute type="accuracy" value="2.5" />
                            <Attribute type="reliability" value="4.5" />
                            <Attribute type="firerate" value="1" />
                        </Attributes>
                   </Item>

Have fun  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Thank you for the w@&k Art  :-X

We could put all these beautiful green points (I really love this colour :D) in one post if we have gathered more modable things e.g. like in the funny tactis thread, but that's just a suggestion for the future.

Hm you set all hit values to 12? And have still wounded mercs? I'm surprised. I played with a torso value of 2.0 but I also needed 1-3 shots with the deagle (which has a  damage value of 3), so I changed the value to 2.5. 1-2 shots to the chest seems realistic to me, because

a) they are trained mercs and no raw recruits, so they could survive a bit longer than the average man and
b) some wear bulletproof vests or (flak jackets) and so it would seem reasonable that they don't die from a silenced weapon after 1 shot.

But that's just what I thought and everyone should modify the game how he wants to, I'm just curious that you still have wounded mercs with these high values. :)

Art Blade

Maybe because I was just fresh into the game, no infamy, nothing.. later on in the game the stats may alter and the results may be more devastating but hey, that's what I play this game for in the first place  :-D

And yes, good idea to create a list with links in case this topic (thread) grows a lot. You're the author of the topic and may edit your first post at any time  ;) :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

This is excellent information gentlemen - I can't wait until I have some time to incorporate some of these changes myself.

One other thought, because the .xml is relatively small and should compress nicely, we could post these .xml files in our downloads sections so members can easily generate their patch files without having to do the editing themselves.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 28, 2011, 06:11:15 AM
Oh man. I just stopped reading that forum's topic on page 5 (out of god knows how many) because I got bored by people there who keep talking about anything off topic 90% of the time...

Same here although I did skip to the end of the thread.  There is very little useful information (except for Gibbed tools), and both Art and TheStranger have already each supplied more useful information that the sum total of the posters at the other site.  It's too bad that other sites don't have the quality posting that we have here.  :-X

Art Blade

Actually, I'm quite glad they don't. That made TheStranger post here rather than there  :-D

I'm trying to find more useful things to mod. Thing is, as it turns out, with FC2 modding we need to take a different approach than with other mods where you can say, I'm going to make things happen. Here we need to examine the files and find out what of the existing stuff we can change, not much room for creativity there.

Stryker7

If I set all of the needsUnlock="0"

Do I still get to do the arms dealer mission ?

If not, is there a list somewhere that list which weapons he adds to inventory each time I do a mission for him, so that I can figure out how to leave at least one weapon from each group at needsUnlock="1",    so that I can still get the missions.

TheStranger

I unlocked all weapons, so I can buy all weapons from the start, but I raised the price of each about weapon 1,5 times. And I can still do the arms dealer missions, it even shows me which weapon I would unlock. Of course these missions are then just for fun :)

PZ

Same thing for me - I have the dealer missions available.  I set all weapons unlocked from the beginning, and set the cost of each to 1 diamond, so after the tutorial mission I purchase my beloved 6P9, the dart, and the AR-16 for bargain basement prices.  >:D

Stryker7

Thanks for the replies guys. I am just getting up, COFFFEEEEEE.

I am going to do some of the most excellent mods already posted about here on the forum, and then backup my mods folder, just in case, and then, sometime tonight, I am going to start sorting out the crossbow. There seems to be a real "desire" for this mod. Even before modding was an option, I always wished that I could use the crossbow silently and stealthily.

If I can get the silent thing figured out, then I think it only appropriate that we be able to carry 20 or 30 bolts.

As soon as I figure out the code (fingers crossed) I will post all of the code in one post.

The mercs will never know what hit em.

Wish me luck.

PZ

Raising the ammo number is easy, but I've not been able to invoke a true silent status to the regularly loud weapons.  Good luck, and hope that you can find results  :-X

nexor

I can't find anything on the crossbow     :D    hope you luckier than me Stryker   

TheStranger

Oh I wrote the reason in antoher thread:

Quote from: TheStranger on October 19, 2011, 06:36:52 AM
I am very interested in the non explosive crossbow. When I first heard of the DLC content and that there is a crossbow I really thought it would be just a normal one - although it is not that bad of course and I even use it.

Ah yes before you start searching for it: The DLC.crossbow is not in the mymod or mypatch folder - it is in the libraries/world1/weaponpreferences.xml IIRC. There is a thread on how to change the AR-16 triple burst to autmatic, where this problem is also explained. Yesterday I took a look in the files, but didn't find anything useful apart from "issilent" "weaponclass" and "firestrategy" which differ from the springfield (btw. there is no weapon in the game which issilent=true - even the 6P9 has a false value beside issilent). The crossbow is on top of the file for your information ;)

nexor

yes I noticed that while attempting to mod the AS50 to silent, the only weapon showing silent is the dart gun

Stryker7

Quote from: TheStranger on October 21, 2011, 01:37:23 PM
Oh I wrote the reason in antoher thread:

I am very interested in the non explosive crossbow. When I first heard of the DLC content and that there is a crossbow I really thought it would be just a normal one - although it is not that bad of course and I even use it.

Ah yes before you start searching for it: The DLC.crossbow is not in the mymod or mypatch folder - it is in the libraries/world1/weaponpreferences.xml IIRC. There is a thread on how to change the AR-16 triple burst to autmatic, where this problem is also explained. Yesterday I took a look in the files, but didn't find anything useful apart from "issilent" "weaponclass" and "firestrategy" which differ from the springfield (btw. there is no weapon in the game which issilent=true - even the 6P9 has a false value beside issilent). The crossbow is on top of the file for your information

It is not the crossbow that needs to be silenced, it is the arrow that needs editing. It is what causes the explosion using the barrel explosion to generate its visuals and sound.

The crossbow itself doesnt actually make that much noise, it is that BOOM at the end that gets everyone alerted and stirred up. If you need any more info, let me know, but you may be wasting your time and effort. The information that needs editing is in the DLC, which is NOT SUPPORTED by gibbed's tools.

TheStranger

Mhm yeah I read your other thread about the crossbow - and I wrote there that some other things don't w@&k with the DLC content weapons like to deactivate the autoreload. What a pity it doesn't w@&k.

Stryker7

Quote from: TheStranger on October 22, 2011, 03:48:22 AM
Mhm yeah I read your other thread about the crossbow - and I wrote there that some other things don't w@&k with the DLC content weapons like to deactivate the autoreload. What a pity it doesn't w@&k.

Yep, the mercs are still gonna get it. 

I will just start carrying 30 or 40 darts, and fix the degradation, then I will have my way with em. Besides, I dont shoot everybody with a long range weapon, I like to make sure my MP5 and 6P9 skills dont deteriorate,

shelmez

So gentlemen, I want to contribute knowledge))) The file gamemodes config.hml in lines 4198-4820 (open Notepad + +) is written as weapons armed bad guys. For example <PrimaryWeapon difficulty="19" probability="0.25" archetype="weapons.Primary.FNFAL" /> if replaced by <PrimaryWeapon difficulty="19" probability="0.25" archetype="weapons.Primary.MP5" /> then the bandits
will be armed with MP5 and the game becomes more complex and interesting because you do not define the sound of enemy fire)))) Or give them a hand gun USAS12 (original gangsters do not use it) and you'll get out of the sieve)))) Second - in the lines 5975-6007 written fee for carrying out missions. Long and tedious to change the value of the weapons dealer in arms, it is easier to change this setting (rewarded to raise up to 500 diamonds) and you will become a very wealthy person from the beginning of the game)))) I really like this game, if it were possible I would have stayed to live there) ))) Unfortunaly I have not found the parameters corresponding to the number of patrons in the store of weapons, such as USAS12 instead of 12 rounds increased to 20 in M249 with 100 to 250.  :D Try it, do not give up all the good and good luck! :)
rascal, womanizer and eater of pigs))))

PZ

Good info!

I'm not positive this is what you're after, but this post gives instructions on how to change the bandoleer values so you increase the amount of ammo you carry.  I changed my dart rifle from 6 to 100 rounds.

Art Blade

nice :)

Also, careful with too many diamonds you carry. If you exceed 900, the game will break, crash, become unstable, anything but reliable.

fragger

Did you mean 1,000 diamonds there, Art? Because the time I played all the way through without buying anything but the Makarov pistol (no upgrades) I finished the game with 996 diamonds still on me and the game ran perfectly OK.

Art Blade

Actually I was referring to cheating. When you cheat a lot of diamonds fairly early in the game let alone right at the beginning of the game, and "donate" say 1,000 rocks to yourself, the game bugs out. At least when you start adding diamonds on top of those by "legally" earning them doing paid missions and collecting diamond cases. :) So I recommend not to mod the game that way.  ;)

shelmez

When we change the reward for completing missions, the game behaves somewhat strangely. The original fee for the first mission is 15 diamonds, I changed to 999 ( Patch), but the game gave me 097 diamonds. Then in the second mission (where I also put the 999) I was given an award of diamond 124. Then I opened common.fat and there is also put 999, but the game has not changed. But as in a previous life I was a pirate)))) I was not going to give up. Then in lines 5979-5993 (a minor job board and there diamonds = 0) I also put the 999 and started a new game. As a result, when I left the church for the first time in my account was nearly 500 diamonds and was able to buy the whole store dealer and buy his boots ))))) I do not understand how the game engine thinks digital options, but at the end of the first map when I'm done all the tasks on my account had more than 2,000 diamonds, and the game never dropped and broke. Each fox to trick a hunter goes his own way))))

shelmez

Quote from: PZ on December 12, 2011, 10:09:18 AM
Good info!

I'm not positive this is what you're after, but this post gives instructions on how to change the bandoleer values so you increase the amount of ammo you carry.  I changed my dart rifle from 6 to 100 rounds.
PZ, buddy  thanks for the answer, but because of my poor English, we do not understand each other. I would like to change the Number of rounds(magsize,clipsize) in the weapon . I really like USAS12, but patrons in the weapon just 12, making this weapon is almost useless. Change in 20 rounds(or more) and the Terminator would have envied us :). The original rifle G3 (Heckler & Koch) is a very powerful and accurate weapon 7.62 mm, has a store of 20 rounds and the main firing mode - single. At the same time, an AK-47 is very reliable, but not as precise weapons and basic firing mode - automatic. I would like to fix this in the game. Then, M249 Minimi machine gun usually use a tape cartridge 200, not 100. I searched through all the files, but did not find these options. This game is sitting in my head and does not rest, I spend almost all her free time, I'm in a rage tore my parrot's tail and now he's not talking to me, my cat hates me because I did a week do not feed its, my girlfriend went to the monastery and slept with the priest :) I think that the program of sir GIBBED translated not all parameters. In WeaponProperties.xml, pickups.xml and other files have a lot of unreadable parameters, and the dog hiding  in this place  :) But in the future (if I do not go crazy :)) wants to change the texture of weapons at a crisp. I watched the movie how to do it, I have photoshop, but I do not understand how to restore the old texture (xbt) format. I worked 010 Editor software. (Could convert to DDS, but back in xbt not) We have a proverb-One man, no man. But when we are many and we can help each other then we will change the whole world :)

PZ

Now I see - change the number of rounds the magazine holds - good idea, but unfortunately I never found a way to change that parameter.  Sounds like you're really into the game as many of us are!  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳