Newcomer at Pandora

Started by Binnatics, June 16, 2012, 08:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I keep on playing the game (it totally swallows me) and I keep being surprised by the number of weapons. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to get them ALL categorized, lol :laugh:
I have an intense revolver with scope which is my personal favourite for a long run already. It has a damage ratio of 152, good acuracy (something like 96 or so) and it had explosive bursts every now and then. I can't find any better gun, and I prefer it above snipers now. I reached gun lvl 13, which gives nice extra bang for the bucks, which makes this weapon pretty unbeatable. I killed some giant meat-chomp at the beach and was amazed by the quantity and diversy of flying rakks (even kamikaze-rakks, lol)

I remember reading a comment about Borderlands being a somewhat 'empty world' due to the fact that there are not so many humans (I think it was in the topic about BL2). So far I don't find it empty at all. It's so full of beasts and bandits that you have plenty to 'go talk to'. And the level design (if you can speak of levels at all) is very nice. I like the cartoonish style and it's very detailed at some points. It gives a good 'wholeness' to the world you play through, which I like a lot.

I had a rough fight in Old Haven with some heavy troopers today. Totally freeking awesome!! How I like the critical hit animations of splashing skulls and, above all, when you perform a 'static critical hit' you see an animation of the skull being 'fried' until it bursts open with the brain popping out like fried popcorn, brilliant!!! :-X :laugh:

I sometimes think the enormous variety of guns is abit too much. 99% of what I find I sell right away because it doesn't fit my need or is way to weak compared to the guns I've already selected. But it's still exiting to check out new gunboxes and hope for a bigger, faster, heavier gun in my favourite class, with that special zoom function and nice elemental bursts etc :-() :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Yes there were too many guns in my opinion as well.

I used to farm New Haven early, doing a run around all the red chests a few times, when ever I went there, but looking back it was a waste of time.

There is a DLC, I think it's called Fort Knox or something similar, where you get access to the armory, but there is a time limit or something, It's a long time since I played it, but if you are doing it, make sure you read up on it or watch a video on youtube about how to access it without a timer, so you can farm weapons repeatedly there.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

Thanx for the tip Fiach, I'll remind that once I install any DLC. Btw, I should not bother too much now farming all weapons. There aught to be better once so I'll keep searching, but carrying all the rubbish I find on the way is not really necessary anymore. I already have over a million dollars ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mmosu

Believe it or not, you will eventually find guns that alone will be worth more than the amount of cash you've banked up until this point.  Even though toting all the crap guns around is annoying, being a nomad weapons dealer was how I built up my assets early on, and it worked well as I eventually reached the point where money was no longer an issue. 
As far as the elemental artifacts for different classes, you can sell them or hang on to them and use them to barter with other players online.  You can also "trade" items between your own character builds - I used to set up a co-op game between my Mordecai and Brick builds all the time merely for the purpose of swapping pieces of kit that suited the other character better. 
Fiach is right, the Secret Armory of General Knox is a gun-farming fest, especially when you get leveled up enough to take on the super-boss, Crawmerax the Invincible  >:D  You'll find stuff in that DLC that will blow your flippin' mind!  :-X
P.S. - Fiach, glad to see you sobered up all right, but you make just as much sense drunk as you do sober . . . just saying  ::) . . .  ;)

Binnatics

:laugh:

Looking forward to that :-X
I haven't started with any DLC yet, cause my second playthrough held my attention for a while, but I might take an excursion to General Knox's secret armory tonight ::)
I leveled up to 51 now, so who knows I'm close to ebing able to wear that magnificent gun ???? 8) If not, screw it I'll keep popping heads until I can >:D

mmosu

Hey Binn, what's your tag-line there from - "The traveler will protect me"?

I'm sitting here thinking that sounds so familiar and it's driving me bonkers trying to remember what it's from!  :D

Art Blade

Panicking Claptraps and Zed's Claptrap in New Haven. Quote from claptrap. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Art's right. It's the claptrap from new haven that hides close to the bounty board, that repeats "The traveller will protect me, the travelelr will protect me" ^-^

mmosu

Ah, that's it!
Thanks, that was really bothering me, but I was waaaayy off!  :-[

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

[embarrassed cringe]Yeah . . .[/embarrassed cringe]

Art Blade

nonononono. Not "embarassed cringe" -- you were supposed to smile, god damn it  :-()

mmosu

Well, you have to admit, that was a pretty big gaf to make in a Borderlands thread  ;)

Art Blade

You're stacking 'em up :-()

Spoiler
gaf is actually spelled "gaffe"  :-D

Binnatics

mmosu

I quit . . .  :angry-new: . . .  ;)

I think it's funny that a guy to whom English is a 2nd language is the person who catches the most spelling errors on the forums  :-()

Art Blade

:-()

The difference between native speakers and those who had to learn the language is this: Native speakers know expressions and terms and all the things that liven up the spoken language while students learn it with books that show the correct use of grammar and proper spelling. If you build your language skills on that it will always be easier to spot spelling or grammatical mistakes than having learned the language by listening to the world around you. Mistakes that seem pretty typical of native speakers are there rather than their, it's rather than its (it's its nature..), freind rather than friend, who's rather than whose and your rather than you're. :)

Binnatics

Though I thought it's rough to house so many sounds in a course with just two letters: OU ^-^ That takes courage 8)

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on July 22, 2012, 09:20:41 AM
Though I thought it's rough to house so many sounds in a course with just two letters: OU ^-^ That takes courage 8)

This reminds me of an I Love Lucy episode where just such a dialog occurred.  :laugh:

mmosu

Or maybe I'm just horrible at spelling  8)
Well, it's getting worse now with all the friggin l33t spe@k crp that k!ds p@$$ for actual written language these days.  Sometimes I see text messages teenagers send each other and it makes me want to jump off a cliff  :D

PZ

Indeed - although I do text, I use correct grammar and sentence structure - it's good practice  :-()

Art Blade

what makes me want to jump off a cliff is when I hear narrations of the following type:

Teenager1: "..and my friend was like, whoa! And I was like, what, dude? And he was like, dafuq! And was like, cool man! Ya know what I'm sayin' man?"
Teenager2: "Yeah, I swear, fukin' awesome, homie"

:D

mmosu

My blood pressure went up just reading that  >:(( . . .  :-D

PZ

:laugh:

I'm afraid that we're doomed...

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳