Finally finished the game

Started by PZ, April 06, 2013, 08:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... and am now entering the Bendict Arnold DLC.  After finally passing the chase sequence that caused me to quite the game for quite a while the end of the game was fun.  The story line was also good so I am glad that I finished.

Overall I like the game, but I still like the Ezio series much better.  There is just something special about the secret locations in old Italy that the current version does not contain.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on April 06, 2013, 08:47:44 PM
... the end of the game was fun.... 

... to watch, right?

Because you don't actually play it!  :angry-new:

Have fun with the BA DLC... it can get you a good session of fresh gameplay there!  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on April 07, 2013, 06:59:58 AM
... to watch, right?

Because you don't actually play it!  :angry-new:

Have fun with the BA DLC... it can get you a good session of fresh gameplay there!  :-X

Yes, you're correct; like watching a movie.  However, in the parts in which you actually control the game, it is not bad!

Art Blade

Geez, that sounds horrible! As if you were allowed to touch the controls just a few times and else were forced to just watch!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

For me it wasn't too bad because it completed the story, and let my heart rate return to normal before returning me to the game.  :-()

Once the credits were done rolling (still annoys me that you have to sit through 20 minutes of credits and can't escape), you are returned to the game, and voila, the exclamation icon appears on the map, which is the destination for the start of the Benedict Arnold mission DLC.  JRD is right; it is lots of fun, and keeps you entertained in a new area of the world - West Point.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on April 09, 2013, 10:17:34 AM
Geez, that sounds horrible! As if you were allowed to touch the controls just a few times and else were forced to just watch!

Well... it is not as bad as it sounds. Only in the very end, when you get to finally kill your last target. You will chase him down and as you are preparing yourself for sweet revenge... a cutscene shows you what happens... you never have the chance to acually kill the man who burned your mother alive... see, not as bad as it sound.  ::)  ????

PZ

As lackluster as it sounds, I greatly prefer it over that stupid Hoyt knife fight in FC3  :-()

JRD

It's a coin flip in my opinion.

In one end you are driven to do exactly what the game wants you to do at precisely the moment it wants you to do it... but at least you get to do something.

On the other side, there's the stupid cutscene where the player may as well leave the computer/console playing by itself...  :D

Not happy with neither!  :angry-new:

PZ

Art Blade

I can relate. Hmmm.. "destructible environment" springs to mind, but hell, in this case I want "dismemberment" available >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Although there is no dismemberment in the game, the kill visuals are quite gruesome  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳