Strange malaria attack

Started by PZ, March 19, 2011, 12:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Still playing the corrupt game - the one that I've posted about before, I now have a strange issue with malaria.  I ran out of pills, but no malaria mission appeared, so I kept on playing.  Eventually, I was riding along the road from the northwest bus stop toward the two mercs by the side of the road, intending to run over one of them.  However, I suddenly experienced an attack, flew over the handle bars of my ATV, and passed out from malaria.  I awoke in the doctors office, and he was standing there as if he wanted to give me a mission, but not a word passed his lips - no mission offered.

So I left the building and continued the mission I was on - the assassination in Sefapane.  I completed that mission and then went to Mosate to have a visit with the APR for a mission - I took it and then saved my game, intending to return to it tomorrow.  No malaria attack, and still no malaria mission.  I wonder how long I'll last.

Art Blade

He didn't offer you medicine or any mission to get medicine because you had one of those rare moments when a disease disappears all of a sudden.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:-()

Probably - I played for a while and didn't experience another attack  ;)

mandru

A weird corrupted game indeed. 
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

The doctor evidently gave me a pill or two because the next time I had an attack, I had more pills.  Then the proper mission icon appeared in Mosate.

Art Blade

Did taking those particular pills cause a malaria attack?  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

^+-+
The other way around I think - having an attack caused the magical pills to appear!

Art Blade

good. Now we need to w@&k on that a bit, try something different.. something that causes a mild endorphine attack and the attack to cause money to spawn.  :-D

Stryker7

Quote from: PZ on March 19, 2011, 12:04:10 PM
However, I suddenly experienced an attack, flew over the handle bars of my ATV, and passed out from malaria.  I awoke in the doctors office, and he was standing there as if he wanted to give me a mission, but not a word passed his lips - no mission offered.

Anoither of those, " that has never happened to me " situations.

It is amazing how much content, we miss, because there are so many different ways of playing the game.

It is kind of like all of the talk about problems (bugs) about car chases and guard post respawning too quickly. I almost never have either of those problems.

I do drive, always with the lights off, but I hardly ever drive. In the stats, my boat driving is always highest, walking usually comes in a close second, and driving is always way down the list.  I guess that is because since day one, I have played in stealth mode. Every now and again I will go "Beserker" but that is usually brought about by being attacked by massive amounts of mercs, or something pissed me off and I just want to blow the hell out of everything, I pretty much leveled Sefepano (spelling) one night, They REALLY pissed me off.

(for whoever pointed out to me that that was possible in another thread, there was some miscommunication . I already knew that. I never drive with the lights on)

And the guard post respawn, I hardly ever have that problem. As I TRY to avoid places like that as much as possible. Stealth mode thing again.

Like early in the game, where you go up north and raid the compound, and make the guy radio the people at the oasis, to go to that little shanty town. I consider my destruction of the arms and ammo, a success, if I can sneak in, plant some IEDs, and sneak out the east side of town without having to fire but one shot. ( East side of town so I can save my buddy,)

I almost always have to take out the RPG/ Rocketeer Sniper. I can never seem to get past that guy, but I have managed to get the mission done, several times, where he was my only kill.

Tags:
🡱 🡳