Third DLC details

Started by mmosu, January 30, 2010, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

Art Blade

Nice, mmosu  :-X

They sure do a lot for their fans :) "the biggest DLC we have made."
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

RedRaven had reported on this earlier as well, but I think there are a few details in this report that he didn't have when he wrote his.  It looks promising - new enemy, weapon, and vehicle types - sign me up!! :-X

RedRaven

"Large Mechanised Suit"   that looks like a fun toy ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

Agreed!  :-X
Wonder if we get to take that for a spin at some point in the future?  ;D
Overall it looks more along the lines of Ned's Island - new area to explore and lots of new missions rather that a new area with limited but replayable missions like in the Underdome. 

RedRaven

Looking good, still not been able to find any clue as to release date though.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

Could be a way off yet . . . sounds like they're trying to do a lot with this one

RedRaven

There is a bit more info on this DLC on the Borderlands wiki
Quote from: mmosu on January 30, 2010, 03:43:33 PM
Found some dirt on the third Borderlands DLC:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_Armory_of_General_Knoxx

Still no release date, but it says expected cost is $9.99 , £6.29 , 800 MS points. Will include ability to reach level50, and has 3 new vehicles as well as many other goodies.

mmosu

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is officially out, all the details are up on the same site Red directed us to before which for convenience is also linked here.  I haven't downloaded my copy yet, but the videos look friggin' great!!!

Quote of the Day:  "Uh, yeah, this is General Knoxx . . . I don't really wanna be here . . . this planet smells like hemorrhoids wrapped in bacon.  Oh yeah, I'm gonna kill ya . . . and stuff. . . "

RedRaven

YEEHAAA !
(typically I had looked at the site just 2 days before they announced the release date :-\ )

Just had a look, one of the new enemies is called motorhead! Maybe it's some crazy showdown with Lemmy?  ;D

mmosu

I thought that too actually :-X
Turns out somebody took Sledge's body and replaced his head with a giant gatling gun!!!  Sounds like that could be a tough fight, since in my opinion Sledge is one of the tougher bosses in the main game!!

RedRaven

Sledge was a nightmare!

Looking forward to getting this DLC down and running. ;D

RedRaven

Got the SECRET ARMOURY last night, first mission for Scooter is to get some vehicle parts to unlock one of the new vehicles in the game, within minutes I had encountered some Assassins, 5 of the damned things! Needless to say I died very quickly, of course it didn't help that I was still trying to use the key functions from Stalker! And had forgotten what most of the keys in Borderlands were!

At least it's still funny ;D

mmosu

Sounds good Red, haven't downloaded my copy yet.  May be awhile though, GOW3 is out on Tuesday  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳