Uplay

Started by PZ, March 16, 2010, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I finally managed to get into Uplay - not on the console, but with the PC.  However, when logged in, I can evidently spend the Uplay points I earned on the console for the PC perks.  Thus, I "purchased" Altair's outfit which turned out to be the one from the first game, not the black outfit in AC2.

I also purchased the family vault, which evidently plays like the assassination tomb quests.  This one is found in the small city (Monteriggioni ) surrounding your villa.

Art Blade

Oh, I love this:
QuoteWarning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
:)

Reading through the AC2 board, I noticed the Uplay topics. Uplay is still  beta.

However, I entered Uplay from the game's main screen by clicking on the symbol in the down right corner. I had 110 upoints and "bought" everything there was, still have 10 points left.

Additionally to what PZ mentioned there is a throwing knife belt upgrade (+5 knifes, now 25 as maximum, tested with my 1st playthrough savegame which put me after the main mission is completed, free roam)

Also there is an option to purchase some AC2 wallpaper which is a 2.8MB zip file download via your current webbrowser. In it there are 4 samples of a piazza during different times of the day, and it has some of those white lines across it you see when in the game a new sequence is being loaded (like a wire mesh) and in the top left a red bar with a symbol that reminds of the loading screen symbol (a diamond). And.. all wallpapers are 4:3, forget about wide screen. In other words.. useless crap  ::)

What I like about Altaïr's outfit is that you lose your beard that you acquired later on in the game ;D Unfortunately you don't see those capes (Medici etc) but apparently they still w@&k when selected, I saw the note "this cape doesn't w@&k in this region" or some such thing. I like to walk around in those fresh white clothes for a change, the bearded version and dark outfit got on my nerves after having played for a long time during the first playthrough.

I'll check the Auditore tomb near the villa, something nice to do when you've finished the game already and when there are no more things to do but (in my case) collect feathers and some glyphs.

In general, it doesn't really "cost" anything to get those DLC, so why not download them. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, we should change that message to something humorous.  ;D

Art Blade

yeah, like "Oh, you're late."  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Here's a pic of me wearing the "new" old Altaïr outfit.

[smg id=2397 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

just one more.. :)

[smg id=2398 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

On an aside, I found a glitch regarding that Altaïr outfit: Taunting enemies lack your voice, the gestures are there, though.

I just finished the Auditore Family Crypt DLC mission "Paying Respects" which was just another climbing exercise but the story behind the Auditore family is interesting (you get to read a lot about it at various places in that tomb).

For those of you interested in that DLC, here is a walkthrough I found on youtube.

[smg id=2399 type=av]

PZ

That's a good video - I remember having to consult one the first time I did that crypt.  Good screenie too  :-X

Art Blade

Thanks, and yes, I too needed to see the vid -- stupid enough, I didn't get to the first checkpoint. I simply couldn't remember where to go.. so there is a moment when you sit on a wooden bar high up, diagonally to the left from it another wooden bar lined up with a door behind it, but it was too far to reach. Instead you had to jump down to the right to reach the stairs. The rest I could solve without the vid. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳