CHEATS

Started by Art Blade, April 18, 2009, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hello and thank you for your info, Trinity. Welcome aboard :)

The reason why I did not place that info in the main post is as follows:

People who want to cheat get a simple way of preparing their individual set of cheats using command line parameters in one or more desktop shortcuts that will always w@&k, regardless of any changes caused by the in-game setup. Shortcuts specifically allow such command lines.

The freedom to choose from a set of different shortcuts on your desktop (you could "hide" a number of them inside a FC2 Cheats folder on your desktop) allows for quick changes: in the game just use ALT+F4 to instantly quit to desktop and pick a specific shortcut to continue playing. Easy to handle. Example: Finish the tutorial on "no cheats + skip intro," save game, hit alt+f4, double-click on "all cheats" shortcut, and continue playing. A matter of seconds.

The XML file however is not meant to sustain manual changes and will be overwritten easily and unexpectedly. If you decide to play without cheats, you will need to do some w@&k on the files (copy, edit, etc) and again if you change your mind and decide to play with cheats.

Also, it does look rather complicated to many people when they open the XML file, and if you change or delete the wrong entry by accident, you might cause the game to do something unwanted or even crash. I don't say you can't do what you're suggesting, but I would not recommend it unless you know exactly what you are doing :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

just added something I completely forgot: Unlimited "Ammo" also provides you with unlimited supply of syrettes. Well, I did mention it in the warning about the tutorial, though.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Trinity

Quote from: Art Blade on September 07, 2009, 11:36:45 AM
Hello and thank you for your info, Trinity. Welcome aboard :)

The reason why I did not place that info in the main post is as follows:

People who want to cheat get a simple way of preparing their individual set of cheats using command line parameters in one or more desktop shortcuts that will always w@&k, regardless of any changes caused by the in-game setup. Shortcuts specifically allow such command lines.

The freedom to choose from a set of different shortcuts on your desktop (you could "hide" a number of them inside a FC2 Cheats folder on your desktop) allows for quick changes: in the game just use ALT+F4 to instantly quit to desktop and pick a specific shortcut to continue playing. Easy to handle. Example: Finish the tutorial on "no cheats + skip intro," save game, hit alt+f4, double-click on "all cheats" shortcut, and continue playing. A matter of seconds.

The XML file however is not meant to sustain manual changes and will be overwritten easily and unexpectedly. If you decide to play without cheats, you will need to do some w@&k on the files (copy, edit, etc) and again if you change your mind and decide to play with cheats.

Also, it does look rather complicated to many people when they open the XML file, and if you change or delete the wrong entry by accident, you might cause the game to do something unwanted or even crash. I don't say you can't do what you're suggesting, but I would not recommend it unless you know exactly what you are doing :)
hi Art Blade , it is so true what you said on the shortcut cheats subject , its easy and not complicated , 1 thing did confuse me is the "all cheats" shortcut , do you mean i can just have 1 shortcut with all the cheats ? exp: "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\bin\FarCry2.exe" -GameProfile_IgnorePlayer 1 -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1 -GameProfile_GodMode 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1 -GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1 ,,, so can i add them all or just add only 1 of them ? and if so should i leave "space" beside every cheat code in the shortcut ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   anyway the reason i mention the GamerProfile XML File becouse i didnt seen it before anywhere and no one talked about it so i thought i just add this , other reason i really wanted to play with all the cheats on not just 1 of them and i guess iam used to edit Files and stuff in the game if ican and i love editing game Files ,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   btw since istarted editing the GamerProfile XML File i never crashed to desktop , just 1 time when i put 2 of the same cheats beside each other and it didnt crash , just the SkipIntroMovies cheat didnt w@&k on the starting of the game so i knew something was wrong and the File were overwritten! lol , other than that nothing weird happen at all ,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     other question i meant to ask but not related to this subject ,well the sniper rifles zoom , can it be changed ? it is so so so weak!!! like adding more zoom , i really dont like it the way it is right now , it is an open world game and they shouldnt make the zoom so weak like this! , i want to see the AI faces from far away lol , and beside the bugs in the game and other things which all okay with me and it doesnt bother me at all , just this is the only issue that i most hate in this game the "zoom", i did hear there is no SDK for this game so there is no Files to mode! , i think this is so bad...but what else can we do!

PZ

Because Art is not online, I thought I'd answer at least some of your questions - yes, you can add multiple cheats to the command line leaving a space between each as you have shown in your post.  You might also consider trying the Radiance trainer (available at many places (like megagames,com) because it wllows you to do so much more than cheats alone.  the trainer will w@&k with the cheats as well.

As to the sniper (and any other item in the game) I am not aware that you can mod anything - have never seen such, which is too bad.  I'm enjoying ARMA2 right now specifically because you can mod to your heart's content - shame that it is not the same for FC2 else I'd probably be playing the game for years to come.

Trinity

Thx for your reply PZ  :) ,                                                                              i will give the shortcut cheat a try and see how it go ,                                                                                                                                                                                                                             i did try 2 trainers which were good , Deviated . and other one by kelsat , i find the save postion and teleport was helpfull and the One hit kill thing too lol  ::) also the unlimited Diamond cheat and strength and the superspeed since i dont use cars at all! but other than that noting intersting , to bad they didnt make a superZoom option  :(

PZ

I have problems driving in games on the PC so I really enjoy the super speed running that the trainer allows - I can travel even faster than a car sometimes, and because  you "steer" your body with the mouse, the movement is completely smooth.  The wsad keys never result in smooth driving for me!  It's a good thing I don't nave to use wsad to steer my real car  ;D

Art Blade

steering a real car with the "wasd" section of a keyboard instead of the wheel, omg, LOL ;D

Trinity, thanks to PZ you got the answers, and like you and PZ I never heard of a mod or a way of changing the zoom level.

Creating shortcuts, I use various combinations with a "default" cheat setup that always starts with skipintro and timescale "0" and reliability and unlimited ammo and weaponsunlock - some sound cheating :)

then one that adds god mode, and one more adding ignoreplayer. Then I have one without godmode but ignoreplayer (to hurt myself so I get to see a rescue buddy, whom I might want to kill without attracting other mercs) and also some of the previously mentioned versions but without timescale (so the game speed is "normal").

You see, there are various reasons to combine various cheats - every one of them only a few seconds away (f5, alt-f4, double-click on one of the shortcuts) :)

Trinity

Quote from: PZ on September 08, 2009, 12:27:05 PM
I have problems driving in games on the PC so I really enjoy the super speed running that the trainer allows - I can travel even faster than a car sometimes, and because  you "steer" your body with the mouse, the movement is completely smooth.  The wsad keys never result in smooth driving for me!  It's a good thing I don't nave to use wsad to steer my real car  ;D
me too , i have problems with driving in any games! and in real life as well :( lol             i do too use the SuperSpeed cheat in the Trainer i find it so usefull and smooth using the mouse , " It's a good thing I don't have to use wsad to steer my real car  " LOOOL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Quote from: Art Blade on September 08, 2009, 03:12:46 PM
Then I have one without godmode but ignoreplayer (to hurt myself so I get to see a rescue buddy, whom I might want to kill without attracting other mercs) and also some of the previously mentioned versions but without timescale (so the game speed is "normal").

You see, there are various reasons to combine various cheats - every one of them only a few seconds away (f5, alt-f4, double-click on one of the shortcuts) :)
for me the only reason i take a side mission from a Buddy is to get rid of them completely ihate them alot and ihate the way they want to use me in every mission!    also they dont pay Diamonds >:( , last time when i did this there was no Buddy's Left inside mike's Bar when the attack happen , just only 1 was there , so i take out the PKM and...it was over :) and iam happy i did this and i will do it every Time they are around                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       btw i always make TimeScale set to "0" becouse in game i play at day Time when the sun is up and i can see the "mercs" , at night i dont like it! so scary and creepy , i sometimes cant see the "mercs" hiding in the shadows! , so i turn the Shadow Quality option off  :D , i also didnt know i can Quit the game using the "Alt+F4" it help alot thx ,   i always press ~ and write "Quit"  ::) lol

PZ

I completely forgot about the timescale setting - that's another fun way to control how you interact with the game that I need to try  :-X

retiredgord

Oh but folks you gotta try some stuff at night. I did almost the entire first playthru. I learned the off headlights by accident and did every night mission that way. It was fun to be driving and the opponents didn't know you were there until you "lit" them up. I did a lot of off road stuff also. As for the scared and creepy feeling...it just immerses you in the game even more. Sure the scenery is subdued but and more appreciated in the daylight, but what fun you can have . Try one or two sometime.  I don't have cheats so the immersion in the game for me is really incredible.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

retiredgord is right... night time is very funny.
I managed to sneak upon lots of those wandering mercs while they are sleeping. Slice one with the machete and headshot the other one... or vice versa and watch as the last one wakes up to realise he'll die  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I can control the day/night time with that cheat, so I play how I like it, depending on my mood. Sometimes I use a timescale "250" which is fast enough to watch the weather change, but slow enought to hit F5 and save the exact weather condition. This is particularly useful if you want it to be night AND rainy. The rain periods are quite short (apart from RedRaven aka dke58 who once seemed to have a rainy streak lol) so you might miss the right moment if you sit in a safehouse and set the alarm clock. Did that, saw the rain "pass" but couldn't stop the progression, and had to try again... no need for that with timescale 250. Just watch until "the time is right" and save it :) Sometimes I play at night - that lasts forever - and have fun waking up GPs and other places across the map... :) And playing with timescale to get halfways real time is fun too.

Trinity

Quote from: retiredgord on September 09, 2009, 06:10:55 AM
As for the scared and creepy feeling...it just immerses you in the game even more. Sure the scenery is subdued but and more appreciated in the daylight, but what fun you can have . Try one or two sometime.  I don't have cheats so the immersion in the game for me is really incredible.
i tryied the night time before and i couldnt stand it! dont know why , so i went to a safe house and set the time to morning and it felt great watching everying thing clear ,      the environment , the mercs , the road , also weird feeling happen when you play at morning time ....feels like a hot weather and i can actually feel it :o  , at night for me i dont feel okay moving around , i remember the most scary and creepy game i came across and i didnt complete it becouse of the night time was "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl" that one was totally  :D scary for me ! , as for the cheats umm...i never play a game without cheating! ever :) i know its easy this way and simple and fun , the character dont loose health and it keep me going till the end without any complicated matters or the frustration  :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Quote from: Art Blade on September 09, 2009, 11:07:59 AM
I can control the day/night time with that cheat, so I play how I like it, depending on my mood. Sometimes I use a timescale "250" which is fast enough to watch the weather change, but slow enought to hit F5 and save the exact weather condition. This is particularly useful if you want it to be night AND rainy. The rain periods are quite short.
i did try TimeScale set to "3000" that was weird! but amazing seeing the day time completely change infront of you , some one in the Forum said it looks like the movie TimeMachine loool , it does :)  , as for the rain i never play while it rain at all , in the game  "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl" i edit the files so it dont rain and i removed the fog completely  " i hate the fog "  i wish i can remove it from Far Cry2 as well , by the way is there any cheat for that ? to remove the fog ? like in game press "~"  and write a cheat for it ? also is there a cheat for the NoRecoil , i know there is 1 in the Trainer , i mean like the cheat code exp: -GameProfile_NoRecoil 1  ?                              other Question   , what does the cheat  " GatherEntitiesForMap " do exactally ? and why does the " ShowAIInMap "   dont w@&k ?    thx and sorry for all this questions! ::)

PZ

Unfortunately I am not aware of any console (~) cheat to change the weather, not any command line parameter to eliminate the recoil.  There are many other command line parameters that are listed in various places on the web and no one seems to know what they do.  Correct me if I'm just unaware anyone, and post what you know.  ;)

Trinity

Quote from: PZ on September 09, 2009, 09:01:14 PM
Unfortunately I am not aware of any console (~) cheat to change the weather, not any command line parameter to eliminate the recoil.  There are many other command line parameters that are listed in various places on the web and no one seems to know what they do.  Correct me if I'm just unaware anyone, and post what you know.  ;)
thx for your reply PZ , and its okay , i guess i have to live with the "fog" thing on  :)

PZ

My pleasure - Just to be sure you've thought of all the angles, you might check Art's Cheats post here.  I think that he's done a great job covering most everything.

Art Blade

that is a great link (to the start of the topic we are actually posting in)  ;D

To answer all questions at once: All I know that actually works is in the first post, where PZ linked to.

Trinity

so i finished the game finially :) , for the 3rd time now on "infamous" Difficulty, dont know what now should i play other round or leave the game :D , the crouch tip was helpfull they cant hear anything lool , also throwing "molotov" up tip was perfect too for making them look into the sky and not moving , the AI are so stupied : \                                                                                                                                                                                                                                anyway i have a question about the "Teleport" cheat in the Trainer ,,,              when iam at town i "save postion" and go to the other side of the map to finish a mission then after iam done with the mission i "load postion teleport" and i find the character Player back in town but "stucked" like i cant move , everything else working , using map , shooting mercs , load the map gps but the character Player cant move " right , left , back , forward " and i have to quick save "F5" then     quick load "F9" and everything okay , is this usuall ? the stuck issue ?

Art Blade

the trainer is known for "problems" with the teleport function. May w@&k, may not w@&k :)

What I'd recommend is, play the game again, only this time on easy, that way you won't need to cheat that much. If you read across the forum, there are many ways to have fun with mercs and how to play little games inside FC2. I think you're missing a great deal of a game if you cheat all the time, because you're likely to not think about solutions you would have to think about if you hadn't got any cheats. You can always go back to cheating if something seems to be too difficult. The teleport cheat is something I never use (basically I only "tested" the trainer so I knew how it worked) because one of the best features of the game is the environment and landscape. Driving around, or even walking around, lets you see details, that sort of immersion some of us like can't be achived if you zip through the area... However, don't get me wrong, it's ok whatever you do as long as you enjoy yourself and the game :)

Trinity

Quote from: Art Blade on September 11, 2009, 09:39:52 PM
the trainer is known for "problems" with the teleport function. May w@&k, may not w@&k :)

What I'd recommend is, play the game again, only this time on easy, that way you won't need to cheat that much. If you read across the forum, there are many ways to have fun with mercs and how to play little games inside FC2. I think you're missing a great deal of a game if you cheat all the time, because you're likely to not think about solutions you would have to think about if you hadn't got any cheats. You can always go back to cheating if something seems to be too difficult. The teleport cheat is something I never use (basically I only "tested" the trainer so I knew how it worked) because one of the best features of the game is the environment and landscape. Driving around, or even walking around, lets you see details, that sort of immersion some of us like can't be achived if you zip through the area... However, don't get me wrong, it's ok whatever you do as long as you enjoy yourself and the game :)
thx for your reply Art Blade , you are totally right about what you said , just iam used on the easy way to win while playing games [ i know it is cheap kind of a win ] lol , but i always have this feeling of fear that i dont get to survive 1 min without "cheats" !! ididnt ever try Playing any games before without "cheating"  ::) , so this time i will take your word and try it on "easy" and see how it go and definitely No "cheats" this time  :'(  ,   the reason i used this "Teleport cheat" becouse i dont use cars in this game or any other at all Never  :D , true the environment so amazing thats why 60% i walk in the game and not using a car and 10% swimming in the river to reach a mission and the rest of the % "Teleport cheat" i also try to avoid "Bus travel" becouse the "TimeScale" change if i used the "Bus" :o    btw 'ihate the Ending of the game' i wish they made a different ending , and i find my self loving the first "Map part 1" the other "Map part 2" ididnt like it! only 1 area was cool in the "Map part 2" the  " tourist Camp " or "tourist outpost" i forget the right name  :)

Art Blade

maybe you can allow yourself a little cheating, just add the reliability and unlimited ammo cheat to make life a lot more enjoyable. If things get too tough, perhaps switch to godmode once and then or ignoreplayer once and then. Just keep changing back and forth every other time, and you'll see there are times you actually start enjoying it with less cheats and then you might want to have fun and add all cheats. If you go all the time on full cheats, that's what might kill the love for the game :)

Enjoy, and let us know how it goes - perhaps in the "memorable moments" department of this FC2 forum :)

Art Blade

Trinity, I forgot to mention, get the weapons unlock cheat to w@&k, plus unlimited ammo and reliability. Like that you should be able to enjoy the game very much: The first time you do a convoy (arms dealer) mission in "map part 1" (Leboa) you will get all weapons and upgrades for the first part of the game, the ammo cheat provides you with syrettes and a bottle of water will heal you up completely on easy level. When you get to "part 2" (Bowa) you will automatically unlock all weapons after the barge mission is over (once you enter the main city, Mosate Selao) - a tip: don't go to rescue your new best buddy who urges you to hurry up so you save him/her at the Marina/Mike's. Instead, drive to an arms dealer and bing! you get all the new weapons, in case you have enough diamonds.

Regarding diamonds, I think it is easier to use the trainer for it (the artmoney tool is a little tricky to use for that purpose). Keep in mind that exceeding 900 diamonds will cause the game to crash, and you will be earning a lot of diamonds simply by accomplishing main story missions, let alone assassination jobs or diamond cases.

When you are satisfied with your new loadout (MGL perhaps? :) ) you can go "back" to finally rescue your buddy and game on. Have fun :)

PZ

lol, I play on easy and I still use the cheats - mostly because I really don't care to "win" the game in a competitive sense - just basically stay alive long enough to complete it and enjoy all it has to offer.  When a game is too difficult to easily complete, I usually bore of it quite quickly and move on to something else.  I admire the skills of you guys that can play on hard core and infamous - have tried it several times and my skills will never be good enough to do those levels, however, in the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter because I enjoy the game as much as everyone else!  ;)

Art Blade

I play on easy because it is not that stressful and I can have more hand grenades ;) Actually has this exchange with Trinity made up my mind too, I now do the same as I recommended: only weaps unlock, reliability and ammo. Like that, on my third round, I nearly go back to where I started: no cheats. But only nearly :) And I use the skip intro, which I don't consider a cheat, as well as timescale 0 because it makes me happy when the sun shines or when I can drive in the mists of dawn... things that make one happy are always welcome :)

Trinity

Quote from: Art Blade on September 12, 2009, 02:00:26 AM
Trinity, I forgot to mention, get the weapons unlock cheat to w@&k, plus unlimited ammo and reliability. Like that you should be able to enjoy the game very much: The first time you do a convoy (arms dealer) mission in "map part 1" (Leboa) you will get all weapons and upgrades for the first part of the game, the ammo cheat provides you with syrettes and a bottle of water will heal you up completely on easy level. When you get to "part 2" (Bowa) you will automatically unlock all weapons after the barge mission is over (once you enter the main city, Mosate Selao) - a tip: don't go to rescue your new best buddy who urges you to hurry up so you save him/her at the Marina/Mike's. Instead, drive to an arms dealer and bing! you get all the new weapons, in case you have enough diamonds.

Regarding diamonds, I think it is easier to use the trainer for it (the artmoney tool is a little tricky to use for that purpose). Keep in mind that exceeding 900 diamonds will cause the game to crash, and you will be earning a lot of diamonds simply by accomplishing main story missions, let alone assassination jobs or diamond cases.

When you are satisfied with your new loadout (MGL perhaps? :) ) you can go "back" to finally rescue your buddy and game on. Have fun :)
so i tried the No "cheats" and i mean No "cheats" at all yesterday on the afternoon so here is what happen :)                                                                                        1: i started with the "g36" AutoMachineGun and the "RPG-7" and the handgun after wakeing up in the "FreshFish" camp then i went to unlock the save house and all that first missions , after couple of fighting with the "mercs" the weapon jams!!! so i press "R" to unjam and it works for a little time then jams again! lol so i used the other weapons also jam in a middle of a fight and off course "i lost the fight" and i used alot of bullets and i couldnt find more clips right away while am in fight also using the "RPG-7" was not so good! it burn everything behind me! and the "character Player" didnt move fast enough so i died!  ::) so the result i need the " UnlimitedAmmo="1" "  and the " UnlimitedReliability="1" " and the " GodMode="1" " cheat  to be on  :D                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        2: i noticed the "character Player" moves soooooo slow!!! and when i use the sprint the "character Player" get tired so fast! and the screen go werid for couple of seconds and so on and i dont use cars at all! , also i cant climb anything and i cant jump at all :o and go to the other high sides or a high hill to snipe ::) so the result i need the "SuperSpeed" and the "SuperJump"  "Trainer" cheat to be on!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            3: shooting "mercs" and Targeting them was not easy at all , they spot me so easy!! and i cant aim to their heads so fast enough! they alert every one and they move so fast and i cant get the right aim on them and when i did take an aim on couple of "mercs" they didnt go down easy! they kept firing and they didnt die but i did and again "i lost the fight" ::) so the result i need the "1 HiT Kill"  "Trainer" and the " IgnorePlayer="1" "cheat to be on  lol  - that is so far what i have seen without using any "cheats"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 idont know maybe i just cant Play the game right or iam so bad in it anyway i will keep trying and ihope things will be different  :)  btw i did before exceed 900 diamonds actually every time when using the "Trainer" and it didnt crash at all!  in the "Statistics"      "GAME STATS"  it says: "Current diamonds" 1059  :o

Tags:
🡱 🡳