Watch Dogs, new IP from Ubisoft

Started by ninzza, June 04, 2012, 04:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

they pretty much f***ed it up for the PC, then  :angry-new:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Stiku

Quote from: Art Blade on May 31, 2014, 04:20:44 PM
they pretty much f***ed it up for the PC, then  :angry-new:

Same thing happen'd with the Far Cry 3, in the hype video they had much more details,shadows and more vivid atmosphere, also objects were higher polygon but still at the final product they had scaled down quite a bit.
Really cant get Ubisoft, they can produce great quality of graphics, but then when the time comes to optimise the game, they tend to take the easy way out, which usually is to remove details, lower the shadows and its quality.
Other developers usually just add more customizations to the graphics menu, where you can take those details a notch down to get the needed performance.

PZ

I've been so busy with things these days I haven't even had a chance to install the game - hope the graphics are  better on the PS4, else I wasted my money!

Jim di Griz

Quote from: Stiku on May 31, 2014, 02:12:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A6Z3gkXlk
Sorry, but that is a pretty rubbish way to do a comparison, what with the E3 being daytime after a storm and the PC install taken at night when it's dry. This game is glorious when it's raining, especially at night, but day is pretty groovy too.

Seriously, a good game with a lot to do and whilst the graphics may not be a lush as originally anticipated - they are more than enjoyable, even on PS4.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Hmmm.... so far, not too impressed with the game play. Graphics however are spectacular.

Art Blade

I watched some playthrough vids on YT and all I kept thinking again and again were those three letters..

Spoiler
W T F ?

It smacked too much of old games, bitty, cobbled together. That sad depressed husky voice of a man who lost everything, talking to himself, lost in memories.. and all the crap regarding bazillion overlays and HUD elements telling you what to do and where to look, all the bloody time.

Two words:

"No, thanks."  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Well, I said it and the video was the proof of this.
This is how Watch Dogs should look like.
Spoiler

Source : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

Art Blade

PZ

I'm actually liking the game now. There are elements of several games that I appreciate. Imagine blending elements of FC2, AC, and GTAV into one game.

You unlock CtOs  areas like the Borgia towers in AC, and then sub stations to reveal content on the map.  You will see your hideout spots on the map appear as you unlock the sub stations.  In your hideout, you have a bed in which you can sleep for however long you want, so you can control the time at which you wander the city.

You can drive anything you like, and the different cars each handle and sound differently. The exhaust smoke on the old classic cars is very realistic.  When riding a motorcycle, you put your feet on the ground realistically when stopped, and when reversing, you can actually see your feet moving appropriately.

The graphics are amazing.  Leaves, trash, beer cans, etc. blow across the streets in the poor sections of town. The sidewalks and asphalt have very realistic cracks-looks almost like a real road.  Rain appears in the road gutters and even pools realistically On the roads. The water in the lakes and rivers is the most realistic I have seen in any game to date. The color is blue when deep and green in the shallows.The foam is picture perfect.

The NPCs are varied and do interesting things. Remember the Mercs in FC2 urinating? I saw a bum doing the same, but much more realistic.  The world of people seems so much more varied than in prior games. The graphics alone has me walking the streets just to experience the different areas.

fragger

Cool :)

The detail of the water in those screenies really caught my eye, that looks superb :-X

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 05, 2012, 11:47:40 AM
Kinda reminds me of that "Person of Interest" TV show where a computer tracks everything and extrapolates who's going to commit or be the victim of a crime, and these guys use it to try and stop it. Of course, they don't have a magic cell phone that can control other phones and traffic lights, but kinda the same idea.

I doubt I'll be playing it as I don't do third person games, but it looks cool.

I just started with this series, and I like it - kind of slow to start, but definitely looks like the game was patterned after this series.

PZ

While waiting for the release of FO4, I'm watching the Person of Interest series from the beginning, and have also started a new play through in Watchdogs. Although I realize that not many are interested in this title, it is just what I like.  I only wish that the developers had kept to their promise of stellar graphics. I typically do not like driving games much (because I suck at driving), but driving in Watchdogs is simple enough even for me, which has me overlooking the negative aspects of the typical driving game.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳