Game play video

Started by PZ, October 31, 2014, 07:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Art Blade

it bears WAY too much resemblance to FC3. Watching 3/4 of that vid already bored me enough to just stop, I'm far from excited.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Same  :-\\

I will likely get it anyway just to play something different and open world, but I'm going to wait to see what kind of stupid boss mission or other foolishness is in the game before I take the plunge.

The one thing I saw that I found interesting is the gyrocopter.

Art Blade

yep, and the guy underestimating (not to say ignoring) the rotor blade span when he tried to land on a catwalk on a tower.  :D :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I have to say that the gyro is the only thing in this version that piqued my interest.

Art Blade

yes, agree.

I was thinking FC4 looks like something I'd have enjoyed as a 3rd part of the FC3 world map. That would have been cool. Like, finish off that bitch on that Hoyt island, whatever, and leave the island because that main badass character of FC4 is they guy to whom Hoyt sold those "slaves," like actually your friends ended up in his possession. So your reason to end up in that Tibetan area would be to free your friends and finish off that bitch-a$$ punk. That gyro would have been something sweet you only unlock there, that sort of thing. Actually, FC4 could have been a massive DLC for FC3. Would have fit right into the game feeling. I wouldn't have minded that, as it looks just like a change of location.

PZ

Indeed; I'll be watching more game play videos before I decide

Art Blade

damn it, I was still editing. Please read my previous post again  :-D

PZ

hmmm... maybe FC4 is a ramped up DLC for FC3.  That way, not much w@&k for Ubi, and they call it a new game.

Art Blade

By the looks of it, they created a new map and new buildings and the gyro. The rest of the mechanics seem to be the same as in FC3.

Binnatics

That's the conclusion after seeing the first announcements for the game. I will only buy it from the bargain bins, and it really got to be a Steaming offer :-D

I am really hoping for some dev to accidentally create a FC2.1
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Nexor, I know that you wanted FC4 to become what FC2 used to be, with regards to OWG -- something I'm sure everyone here would have loved. But it seems unlikely now, the more we learn about FC4. What I'd like to know, what do you think about FC4 now, having watched those videos?

fragger

I know what I think - same as you guys. Very little that's new or innovative, a FC3 re-hash.

nexor

Looks like an extension of FC3, don't know if I'll be in a hurry to buy it   :-\\

PZ

It is sad times for us oldster Far Cry fans - the game appears to be more removed from our beloved FC2 with each new version.  :-\\

Art Blade

Binnatics

Honestly, I believe the new FC 2 will be of a total different brand. There were moments when I was playing DayZ that made me think this was about to become our new FC 2. Problem was the lack of choice to play online or not, and the damn cheaters. Without these two downers, I believe it was about to suck us old chaps into a remarkable new adventure. :-\\

But there will be a true sequel. I'm sure. As long as there's devs creating things like Dear Esther there's hope ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Although I never played Dear Esther, I know it because I watched an entire playthrough. It sure is a remarkable piece in the gaming universe but then again, it also lacked something called replay value. FC2 has even me replay it over and over again ever since it was released, some five years in a row now. There have been few games with that quality. We'll just have to wait and see. But I bet it won't be FC4.

fragger

I think we can count on that.

nexor

I can see only one solution, we all will have to start a new FC2 game    :-D

fragger

:-D

Some of us already have...

nexor

Art Blade

Binnatics

I wasn't suggesting Dear Esther to be the new thing. I mean the creativity curiosity in it is what is required to develop something as astonishing and valuable as FC2.

Art Blade

it's about being original. Both games are.

Tags:
🡱 🡳