AC2 funny moments

Started by PZ, December 06, 2009, 04:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Nice pics and a good little story there, spaceboy :-X

"She Palm Caressed me as I felt bad for not having saved those other girls"?

Art Blade

;D

"She Permanently Conked me as I felt bad for not having saved those other girls?"   ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

good ones guys.

As for funny moments I have one funny and one cool involving my trusty steed.

In my feather hunting escapades I was riding my horse through the Forli countryside and took a bridge at full gallop.  Too many civis on that bridge and just as we crossed me and my horse went tumbling down (how uncool).  The horse was animated quite well as it rolled on it's side and struggled a bit to get back up - Ezio went sliding on the ground 5 feet or so.  Way uncool for a Master Assassin!

But my cool meter jumped back up a bit as I was climbing down from a small tower and dropped down the last bit (hanging from a wooden post sticking out).  My horse had manuevered itself directly underneath me and I dropped right into the saddle like the Lone Ranger.   Actually I have done something similar intentionally (you can jump from a one story rooftop onto the back of your horse) - but this time it wasn't planned and came off really cool.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

nice stories, space :)

You can always threaten your nag with two slices of bread and mustard -- better a halfways decent lunch than a horse that makes you look uncool  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

**Spoilers**

After installing the sequence 13 DLC (Bonfire of the Vanities), I started a new play through.

When you first begin, you are a young man with an attitude and a quick fist (no weapons), so it is lots of fun to walk around town collecting florins by pick-pocketing everyone you see.  Today I managed to collect 15,000 florins before I decided to collect my assassin's costume and start in seriously.

By the way, you stay incognito and can do whatever you want as long as you have not watched your father and brothers being executed (beyond that you become notorious).

Here's the funny part that I experienced this morning - I was practicing my pick-pocketing techniques in a large crowd when a couple of towns folks decided to give me a beating - however, my skills developed from prior plays through gave me an edge  ;D

Then I decided to see how many I could get to assault me at once - by doing rapid pick-pocketing I was able to have 7 people surrounding me trying to teach me a lesson at one time.  I repeated this process several times, and before too long, I was knee deep in dozens of people lying on the ground moaning.  All of this carnage did not however, dissuade others from attempting the same - was laughing so hard I nearly dropped my controller.

Another funny thing programmed into the game - the monks and scholars are the easiest to rile - they will almost always pick a fight with you.

Art Blade

that does sound like a good way to spend time and earn money prior to starting seriously :)  :-X

spaceboy

can you actually kill anyone before you have your weapons or just beat them to a pulp?

Art Blade

I could not kill anyone with bare fists. Only when throwing them off rooftops  :)

Speaking of rooftops, AC2 had me laugh just then: I had hired a bunch of thugs and they followed me up on the roofs. Alright, they do that. But the funny part was, since I'm in Venice now, there is a lot of water around. So, I jump up a roof, three more thugs jump after me, and the fourth one produced a sounding splosh down and behind me somewhere. I had to stop playing for a moment, laughing so hard  ;D

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on March 08, 2010, 06:52:05 PM
can you actually kill anyone before you have your weapons or just beat them to a pulp?

Wow, I must have missed this one somehow - sorry, Space

Although you can't actually kill them, they writhe on the ground and you can loot their bodies.  They never get up though so they might as well be dead.  ;D

@Art - I love it when they fall into the water!

Art Blade

hehe, indeed :) I might add, in the previously described moment, the splosh was so resounding because I was way up some roofs, so I heard three guys grunt behind me in short order (means that they just arrived) and the fourth grunt was missing. Several moments later I head the splosh. So he must have fallen down like 30 yards or so LOL  ;D

That was part of a mission when you have to kill someone inside a building with an atrium, guarded with archers which you helped replace with local thieves. Local thieves also help you distract guards to which you point them to do so. When I got to some brute guard and his three mates, I ordered my hired thieves to distract them, but I interfered and stabbed the brute from behind with an impressive double-bladed move. For the fun of it, I picked up that massive two-edged battle axe of his and started walking around the building to find more guards. Which wasn't exactly possible, that massive "house" was basically an isle by itself, one (I think) passage to it being a bridge. However, my thieves and I, armed with that massive axe, walked around in town to find another entrance. Now the funny part:

Those pesky guitar players and those hyperventilating crate carriers saw me, held it for a moment, dropped their stuff (guitar or crate), and decided to leg it, uttering something that showed how little fun they expected to have with me nonchalantly carrying a ton of metal the form of a double axe. Apart from the massive sword and knife I had dangling happily from my belt. Must have scared the living daylight out of them ;D

Still carrying that murder instrument, other citizens who witnessed me slaughter some guards with it, who had had the silly idea of chatting me up, uttered supportive comments, along the line of "finally someone who teaches them" etc. Did really feel good  ;D

spaceboy

speaking of hired persons following you, it's funny to hire courtesans and then take rooftop and cross-canal trips in Venice.  They are loyal (especially since they've already been paid) - gotta love 'em for that.  They can't climb (or swim) so they frantically try to find a path across a bridge to catch up to you.  One time a girl fell into the canal and did not come up.  I jumped in to save her but she was gone...

The hired thieves though are totally awesome to bring along in a battle.  There was one tall rooftop fight I recall distinctly where they followed loyally and fought alongside me.  Even after all but one had been felled by the guards, that last one stuck with me to the end.  I hired a group of courtesans for him as thanks when our mission had ended.

Art Blade

LOL  :-X

I only just found out that there are thieves (mask symbol) and thugs (sword symbol) to hire. The thieves distract, the thugs fight. Thieves climb, thugs don't.

I too lost a guy once in a canal (rescue mission, get thieves out of prison). I jumped across the canal using poles sticking out, and while three were stopping at the ledge, the fourth guy fell in and was gone. Bah. Hehe. The other two groups of four arrived sound and safe  :)

Art Blade

Now that I'm through, I think the funniest thing in the game was ignoring the objectives sometimes, when it came to sneaking into a heavily guarded place "undetected" or, different kind of mission, to chase and catch someone. The only thing you need (halfways through you'll have it) is the hidden pistol. All you need to do is get in range of the target so you can mark him, train your gun at him, wait until the line of fire is established, and bloody shoot the guarded target or, respectively, the runner. Saved me a lot of trouble going through flocks of guards and chasing runners who were on steroids  ;D

PZ

Excellent tip - I always forget about the pistol, and usually resort to sneaking in via courtesans or other groups of civilians.

Do you have any tips regarding the fast-paced missions during Carnivale?  The ones where you need to capture the flag 3 consecutive times, and the one where you need to pass the numerous checkpoints until you reach the ship in the harbor?

Art Blade

yes :) The CTF was a royal pain in the arsenal, and I found a quite simple way.

You start on a roof, down ahead, slightly to the left is a small passage through houses; behind it (down on the ground) is the flag. Your opponent is very quick and seems to have started running down there already, so your best choice is to run forward and jump those three storeys deep to the ground. It will cost you like 2/3 or 3/4 of your health, but will gain you a significant headstart. When you are down and have the flag, check for the lovely ladies waiting for payment, left of them is a ladder straight up to the roof. Run up, from there on it's ahead, look out for thieves on the roof ahead to the right, that's where you have to jump over the wooden fence to pass to the roof behind it, and you're almost done. Do that three times, and you will have won :)

The checkpoint race isn't that complicated, take your time (well, you'll lose but you gather information about the track) and think simple: when you run on the ground, you next cp will be on the ground, too. If not, you will see a cp halfways up, well visible. Once you're up, it continues up there, and I believe there was a part where you'll have to jump onto something dangling from a roof and swing hanging on it around the corner, and continue at the same level. You'll see once it gets down again, those cps are always well visible when you have to change your altitude.

PZ

I had a funny moment and if you've played through you might remember the spot.  When you track the guard that is carrying the Apple of Eden and you assassinate him in the courtyard, you normally put on his armor and admire yourself in it.  However, I'm using the purchased Altair armor and it did not change to the guards armor in the animation (i.e., I'm still wearing my normal armor).  I had a good laugh when the Captain told me to follow him, but I clearly still looked like an assassin - but no one seemed to notice.

Art Blade

Heh, I do remember, but I couldn't prevent my character from changing.

PZ

I experienced the same when I'm using any of the armors that are built into the game, but with the armor that you can purchase using the Uplay points, you evidently wear it all the time (unless you change it to another type).  Before I made the purchase, I was hoping that it was the cool-looking black armor that is in AC2, and that you'd have it from the beginning, but that is not the case.  The Uplay Altair armor is actually the suit that Altair wears in AC1.

Art Blade

the suit looked very good, though  :)

PZ

I think so too, but I haven't started a new game on the PC yet (still on my first play through) to see if the outfit is available from the beginning.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on March 08, 2010, 09:29:39 AM
**Spoilers**

After installing the sequence 13 DLC (Bonfire of the Vanities), I started a new play through.

That quote was the start of yet another  topic called AC2 funny moments, also started by PZ  ;) A funny moment for me when I made them stickied, hehe. Fortunately, one topic ended and then the other one was started so I could merge both topics with identical subjects without mixing up any posts. However, some of the quotes that refer to a post inside of "funny moments" (linking to a now non-existent version of it) may not w@&k any more and you'll end up on the front page with an error message telling you that the topic is "off limits" or something like that. Don't worry, it's still here, I can fix those links if you like, please send me a PM (so this topic doesn't get messed up with that kind of requests) with a link to the post which contains the broken quote.

Art Blade

Now on topic (the one and only, hehe)

I had hired thieves for fun and was climbing around on some rooftops to remove warrants of apprehension. I had to jump over quite a gap to get there. Then I pointed my thieves to the guard who stood there looking into the opposite direction. Two of them jumped a little short and the spark of their lives went with a remorseful "aaAAAaahrg!" when they hit the ground down in the dark alley behind me. The rest of the thieves kept the guard busy while I removed the wanted poster. I then climbed down to search the two bodies, got some money off them and all of a sudden and with a nice thud the guard from the roof came plummeting down right at my feet, already dead. Nice of the thieves on the roof to dispose of him in a way I could just continue looting him, made me chuckle ;D

spaceboy

that's pretty funny Art.  I love how the thieves interact and w@&k with you in this game.

PZ

That's a good one  :-X

My favorite three games these days all have funny moments where the allies or opposition can do the strangest things almost simulation-like.  The three games are AC2, JC2, and RDR.  I'm still playing all of them, and enjoying each for it's unique moments.

Tags:
🡱 🡳