Treasure chests

Started by PZ, November 10, 2012, 10:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... in this game are much more complex and fun than in prior games.  Some are simply behind buildings, but you need to pick the lock to bet into them, and once you do, you never know exactly what they will contain.  Some only contain money while others contain crafting recipes.  It is said that the best weapons are only available through crafting.

PZ

Wow, talk about a thriller; there is a treasure chest clearly marked on the map near the harbor.  Typically these chests are not marked, but you can purchase a map for each district at a pretty penny.  I thought I was going to have an easy time of it, but boy was I wrong.

As most of you know how play AC games, restricted areas are clearly marked on the map as red rectangles of varying sizes; this chest did not so I casually strolled up intending to loot it.  However, guards were standing nearby and when they saw me go near the chest they charged after me, which of course sent up the alarm for the entire British army to start attacking!

Several times I was near desynchronization, and had to run away to recharge my health (no more stimpacks in this game) but I finally managed to claim my prize.

JRD

I managed to find a few treasure chests while playing Haythan and even purchased a better sword... all in vain as you just loose whatever you have once the story moves to Connor.... when I came back to Boston, when Connor was still an apprentice, Again I went after a few chests, getting some cash and also several recipies... again, all seems to be lost once you advance to Connor's adulthood. The chests are not back though so whatever recipe I found seems to be lost for good now.  :angry-new:

My advice... DO NOT loot any chest before the story begins to be told in Connor's adulthood!  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

Don't loot chests?  That's not a happy bit of news JRD seeing as how I spent a few hours last night gathering all collectables in Boston.  ???

Maybe it's because I've not been trained to use them but one of the chests provided a broken sword knife and another gave me a soldier's flintlock pistol but they never became equipable and I can't find them anywhere in my inventory.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Well... It sounds quite silly if you ask me... but after looting the chests and collecting money and recipes I found myself with none of those after my character's story arc changed!

I might be wrong though and either those items are hidden somewhere in my inventory or the chests are back. But I didn't find any of them, hence my advice!  :-\\

Art Blade

sounds like the devs didn't think it through  :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Sounds like if this was an oversight by the developers there will need to be a patch to restore the recipes at the very least as they are required to be able to craft some of the upgrades for the storyline.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

There's that mission where you have to trade items for lumber in order to get that ship ready to sail. You get to browse your inventory and everything I collected hunting was there but I saw no recipe at all even though there was a slot for recipes there!  :-(

PZ

That's really good to know, J; fortunately I'd not traded in nor purchased anything other than required by the story line.

Now I feel wealthy  :-()

Art Blade

careful PZ, they might come after you  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

They can try; I've already liberated at least 4 forts  >:D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳