Arkham City now available for pre-order at STEAM

Started by JRD, October 19, 2011, 04:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

As of Oct 18th STEAM has announced B:AC available for pre-order in Nov 15th, like anywhere else in the world (hopefully  ::) )

No extras (B-man's outfits, exclusive challenge maps etc.) so far but you can get 20% off when buying Lego: Batman or Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Check out a new (for me, at least) trailer  8)

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

Looks cool. I've checked a news-article in 'our own pc-news section' where the devs explain that B:AC is about to get super great visual aspects, with DX11 and all that. Looks really fantastic :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

B:AA as well as the trailers released so far have sharp visuals and nice textures.  8)

OK, B:AA, not being open world, can have good graphics without compromising performace since the screen won't render too much textures and objects at a time. Still... I'm pretty sure B:AC will bring us some very nice looks next month!

Now is wait a few more weeks and see what Rocksteady prepared for us  8)

spaceboy

I know I can't complain to you guys waiting for the PC version, but "my" copy is sitting wrapped waiting to be played here, but it's technically for my son's bday and I suppose that means I shouldn't open it and play it before him.  :(
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Binnatics

So, we all have to wait a little longer than :bigsmile:
Well, you could, maybe, try a little if you manage to get the present paper off without breaking it >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

:cheesy: reminds me of when I was a kid and tried to carefully peek into the Christmas packages!

Clever idea, space, purchasing a bday gift for spacekid that you can use.  ;)

spaceboy

well yeah, we both benefit from our shared hobby.  Probably he more than I truthfully, he's always getting new stuff to play because I'm buying it for myself.  But it's fun to share the fun with him and even get online together at times.  :-X

Binnatics

You're right space, wish my daughter had the same idea about videogames as your sun has. But, on the other hand, it doesn't really fit a girl to go punch some creepy psychopaths in a dark alley ::)

JRD

Hahahaha, space... reminds a Simpsons episode when Homer buys Marge a bowling ball with "Homer" printed on it for her bday!  :laugh:

PZ

Art Blade

Hehe, I can see spacekid opening his present and spaceboy knocking him out so he can play first. Later he'd say, "no idea what happened, you just passed out (and kept passing out). While I was waiting for you to come round I decided to help you get the game started.."  :angel: :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

spaceboy

lol I'm not THAT bad.  Anyways, we each spent some time with the game, him much more than me, but I've mostly seen him playing it.  Very similar to Asylum but open world. lots of freedom of movement like gliding (including dive bomb/ascend), more grapple-able things objects.  Also better fighting animations, catwoman is awesome to fight with and navigates the city in a stylish and cool way.  Big thumbs up from here. :)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on October 24, 2011, 10:50:36 AM
(...) catwoman is awesome to fight with and navigates the city in a stylish and cool way.  Big thumbs up from here. :)

Are these the words you use when talking to spacekid?  :angel:

How old is he, again?  ::)

Anyway... glad you are enjoying it... looking forward to read any review either here or at MGP. I have it pre-ordered as well as AC:R so next month will be busy game wise!  8)

spaceboy

lol, of course!  well I did let out a big "Hello!" when Catwoman first appeared on screen with her cleavage front and center :o  to quote Bob Seger "way up firm and high".  And no I did not say THAT to him!  :laugh:

But yeah, between her, Harley, Poison Ivy, and Talia there's lots of attractive womanness to look at.  But it was there in Asylum too.  Nothing you don't see at the pool...if you're looking.

Art Blade

The hands are the eyes of the blind.

So if you see male people around a pool wearing helmets.. they're most likely blind.  8) :-()

Binnatics

I read about Catwoman all over the net... she must be something special :bow

Art Blade

She's got a furry tail, her breath smells of fish and she purrs when you're stroking her behind the ears.

:-D

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on October 25, 2011, 03:05:26 PM
She's got a furry tail, her breath smells of fish and she purrs when you're stroking her behind the ears.

:-D

Aaahhh, doesn't that make it exciting :-() :-()

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳