Mod index

Started by PZ, April 18, 2010, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Faction Helicopters

This one is going to be lots of fun.  For anyone that typically likes to ride with faction guys causing trouble on the roads of Panau, here's a new twist - now you can do so in a helicopter!  Typically whenever you attack a military installation, you do so alone (except for the stronghold missions).  Now you should be able to attack those installations with your faction buddies!

I can't wait to try this one out.

Download

Art Blade

That sounds interesting :) I hope it's not causing JC2 to bug out.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

We'll find out when I try it!  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

The faction helicopter mod gets better - now the factions can drive the minigun-equipped tanks, and the minigun-equipped boats in addition to the helicopters.  Additionally, you have the option of pitting the factions against one another.  I just visited a town on the desert island and watched as a faction tank rolled in and gunned down the govmen, and while additional government troops responded, the faction helicopters arrived to finish off the lot.

It is a blast watching the factions battle one another as well as the govmen - imagine in FC2 watching the different mercs battling each other.  :-X

PZ

Another thing I noticed is that there are lots of faction guys now - it seems as if the odds are a bit more even now.  For instance, in the red Land Rover-style vehicles, you have a couple of faction guys in the front, and up to 4 of them riding in the back - it's great to see them scramble out of the vehicle in a fire fight.

While on another adventure, the faction guy manning the minigun on one of the tanks was killed - I hopped up and took his place.  The faction driver sped down the road and we went gunning through the countryside - man, it is fantastic to have a minigun at your disposal while someone else drives.  We went through towns, and past a military installation where I was able to take out many targets.

It is almost just as much fun watching the battles unfold between the factions and the govmen as it is to become involved in the ruckus.

The last thing I tried is the option to have the factions fight each other as well as with the govmen.  Talk about the chaos of battle - nonstop action.

It is almost like playing a whole new game.

Art Blade

Thanks for those detailed reports and information, PZ. :-X It sounds as if it was a really good addition to the game once you're through and want something different during the next playthrough. Sure enough what you wrote sounds like a lot of fun  :)

PZ

My pleasure - I'm now excited to play the game again - I just love modding  :-()

Art Blade

Art Blade

I downloaded the FactionHeli mod (now called "Can't stop the factions") but one file is missing (people already complained), the factions.bin: "This will make the factions attack each other." - any chance you can upload this to our DL section?

And

The BoloPatch apparently doesn't w@&k any more, do you have the same issue?

As you may have guessed, it did w@&k in offline mode, then I decided to install the mod and "return" to steam online.. it is still updating my SniperGhostWarrier (800mb) (at least it's fast, around 680kb/s) and it looks as if it did an update to JC2 as well.

???? >:(( :-\\

Art Blade

OK.. "kind of" fixed:

There was a patch for JC2 in July 27, 2010 that caused the Bolo mod to stop functioning. There hasn't been a fix for that Bolo mod since (apparently they ceased supporting it).

There are several mods that help get the Bolo feeling back, for example "no hit reactions and god mode combined" and there is an unlimited ammo mod which comes with two files, either requiring the weapons to be reloaded or without reload (unfortunately, no unlimited grenades..)

I was sick of the permanent engagements and also installed the "peaceful coexistence mod" which is funny, I stopped a police car, threw the driver out, and drove with it to a faction base (one govman was still sitting next to me in that car). I got out, no shooting, and the govman was a bit angry where I dropped him off so he got out and back in, this time behind the wheel, and drove off. I shot him (no reload mod, ammo shows 0 but is infinite) and he blew up. No heat, no panic.. the facboys were disinterested.. LOL, PEACE..

Now I need to find strong ropes and all is good. :)

Art Blade

Correction: The ammo mod causes the weapon to show "0" only after firing up the game for the first time with loaded guns, but I actually ran out... then I "stopped" a police car and the two govmen were so nice as to "resupply" me by dropping an MG each. When I picked up the first, I was loaded with 6,000 rounds.. I thought, well, maybe I can pick up the other gun, too... 12,000 rounds.  ^+-+

PZ

Yes, I was disappointed that the bolo patch didn't w@&k - I really liked the strong multiple ropes.  As to the faction heli mod - I can upload the file once I get back to the PC where it is located (not this one) but by then the author might have done it already.

Art Blade

he hasn't, there are comments about it without reply. I only downloaded that mod today, one file is missing, and another file comes twice. He has never realised that, apparently

PZ

I found an old version of the faction heli mod - now in the downloads.

Art Blade

you're the best :) Cheers :-X

PZ

Art Blade

QuoteCivilians will not flee from their vehicles

Spoiler
*v1.1 now includes the same changes for boats.  Some boats will travel in a circle when you jump onto them, there's nothing I can do about that.

Place these files in your Dropzone folder:

aireactions.bin
- Civilian AI will not leave their vehicle due to nearby Bullets or Explosions.

aiteams.blz
- Civilian AI will not leave their vehicle when they spin out due to excessive speed or grappling hooks.
- This will also prevent all Civilian AI attempts to leave vehicles, including those already covered by aireactions.bin.

Both files can be used together safely. In fact, it's probably better (and cleaner) to use them together.

Civilians can still be forced out of a vehicle by the player.

This mod is fully compatible with all other vehicle mods. This mod will not affect military AI.

Basically no one abandons their vehicle. The best part for me is, however, that you can enter a vehicle as a passenger while the original driver stays and will drive you around :) Of course you can throw him out, still  :)

Art Blade

For me there are a couple of mods that are a lot of fun if combined. (Edit: forgot the most useful the noCAC mod for free camera angles while driving - always got that one on)

The Join Panau Army mod (makes you "change sides" - now the govmen are your friends while facboys attack you.. and you're even fitted with a govman uniform which is optional but fun, also you may shoot anything without getting heat) combined with What Speed Limit (everything around you moves a little faster, most notably when you're watching a T-junction: cars overshoot a little and get back on the road again, and a lot of screeching all the time) as well as civilians will not flee from their vehicles. Those three combined with combo mod no hit reactions and god mode along with the --almost-- unlimited ammo mod and the grapple hook extension mod grapple range increase) make for a fantastic game experience after you've played through and are looking for something else..

The first three mods mentioned in this post allow me to do what I always liked to to: Have someone drive me around and have fun. Instead of the "join the Panau army" you could use the peaceful coexistence which will cause total peace, so you can drive around or have someone drive you around without fights interfering.

The biggest fun is if you drive with Panau police / govmen. The speed mod increases their speed the most. You need to be a little creative when it comes to "how to" drive with the police: Walk in the middle of the road so a car will stop in front of you (police jeep). Hijack the vehicle (one or both govmen jump out) and drive a couple of feet away and get out again. Walk to the passenger door and be ready: Now the govmen come running back to their jeep or the remaining govman passenger gets out now, one of them will now get back in to drive the car. Once he's got in, hit E to enter as passenger.. now you're driving with the police taxi. :) Since the speedmod speeds him up quite a bit, you may flip in tight corners or slide around corners.. the police jeep doesn't honk its horn to make other vehicles get out the way but they still do.. makes for a jam-free drive..

In case you get into a fight with facboys and your driver survives, he will try to get into the nearest empty vehicle including bikes. So if you can, destroy abandoned vehicles and leave one that you'd like to have him ride.. he will.. including civilian cars.. (you can hijack one and have him drive that) and he'll still be speeding but also honking traffic away (gets on my nerves after a while).

However, it is fun to watch the game from a passenger seat and admire the beautiful landscape while you can sip a coffee or whatever.. change the settings so the HUD is invisible (opaque setting) and it looks like a film.. chillaxing :)

needed to correct a typo: it's peaceful, not pieceful  ^+-+

Art Blade

By the way, if you enter a military post, find a massive military vehicle and drive it around until you meet a govman on a bike. Stop in front of him, get out and hijack his bike. He'll head for your military vehicle (careful, never use vehicles with mounted guns, they'll mount that rather than drive). Now get off that bike and run for the passenger door and hop in.. Hehe..  ;D

Of all the games I've observed AI driving cars, I have to admire how well govmen drive. Apart from T-junctions at high speed, they do drive smoothly and riding with them actually is enjoyable. Those few silly things that may happen are usually things that have nothing to do with actual driving: If some car can't get out of the way to the side because of some crash barriers (guard railing) are too close to the lanes, the govman will try to drive through that car.. well.. but else, very good driving. :)

Art Blade

Remember the race track near Panau City? I grappled onto a race car, hijacked it and went on the bakes like I was about to slam into a metal wall, reversed and got out right next to the ex-driver. Of course he got back in, and I entered as his passenger..  :-() Sometimes there are "drivers" (some lone facguys) lost on the track, mostly near the grid / pit lane (no idea why). If you see one of those, grapple your way back to the pit or the govmen there and fetch an empty car. I did with a police jeep with which I approached said lone driver and got out. As expected, he got into the jeep.. me, as his passenger.. and we raced in a jeep!  ^+-+

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on November 02, 2010, 07:58:34 PM
Remember the race track near Panau City? I grappled onto a race car, hijacked it and went on the bakes like I was about to slam into a metal wall, reversed and got out right next to the ex-driver. Of course he got back in, and I entered as his passenger..  :-() Sometimes there are "drivers" (some lone facguys) lost on the track, mostly near the grid / pit lane (no idea why). If you see one of those, grapple your way back to the pit or the govmen there and fetch an empty car. I did with a police jeep with which I approached said lone driver and got out. As expected, he got into the jeep.. me, as his passenger.. and we raced in a jeep!  ^+-+

Is that the racetrack that´s located on a little island with a high bridge next to it?

Art Blade

It is, deadman, it is  ;D

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on November 03, 2010, 03:21:49 AM
It is, deadman, it is  ;D

Oh that´s the one I shot to pieces when I was there.  :-[ That track really suited my drivingstyle which I like to call "drive it like you stole it"  >:D

PZ

Excellent experimentation, Art - in the true spirit of what brought us originally to these open world games - manipulating the environment in the game to achieve and almost simulation like experience.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳