Biker DLC - Bug report (filed to Rockstar support)

Started by Art Blade, October 08, 2016, 09:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Aha! Someone else is now taking care of my issues >:D

QuoteHello ArtBlade,

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Your case has been escalated to the proper department. Please note, cases are addressed in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
xxx

And here is me, willing to help again  :-()

QuoteHello xxx,

now that sounds nice :) Thank you!

Meanwhile I found out something that might help you guys:

- VIP Variants of the Heavy Revolver and the Switch Blade

I had unlocked both variants, VIP and Bodyguard variant when the VIP stuff was new. Now, I do have access to both variants as long as I don't become president of my own MC. As soon as I start my MC, the VIP variants are locked.

I think the Biker DLC is somehow built on how the VIP stuff works because of what I just stated above and because I once saw a message all across the screen that I was no longer a "bodyguard" which happened when the president disbanded his MC of which I was a member. I actually have a screenshot of that, see attachment :) So maybe some stuff can be solved knowing about that relation between bikers and VIP.

Something that seems to have been "miraculously" fixed:

- Blue corona inside MC club house fixed?

They have been back for a few days now, looking stable.. no idea why but hey, I'm not complaining as long as they w@&k. :) My friends say the same, they also got their coronas "back" :)

Something strange:

- The custom MC club names.

Yesterday I had a three friends in my session and in my club house (I play "invite only" 99.9% of the time) so two of them did see the club's correct name on the board while one didn't. He saw "Motorcycle Club." However, all of us have always been able to see our own club's correct name in the club house.

I've added another screenshot that shows how that generic name keeps popping up -- sometimes when playing biker missions. You can see in the pic that the custom name had been replaced with Motorcycle Club. "MISSION OVER -- Motorcycle Club destroyed the munitions." That is something two of my friends mentioned independently, they also sometimes see that type of message with a generic club's name. Only the colour of the name relates to which club it actually was.

OK, so far from what I have found out in the meantime.

You see, I actually want to help you guys solve some of your game's issues because if you do, you solve mine. :)

Let's try to w@&k together.

Thank you and have a nice weekend

Best regards,

Art
[smg id=9378 type=preview align=center caption="MC with VIP message"]
[smg id=9379 type=preview align=center caption="custom MC with generic message"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

PS

re: "wet concrete" floor in clubhouses

It appears as if the Nightblade and the Gargoyle are particularly heavy. They're the two types of bikes I keep seeing sunken into the concrete. Another screenshot that shows that problem even better than the one posted earlier.

I hope this helps :)

[smg id=9380 type=preview align=center caption="more wet concrete"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

posted a PPS:

Zombie Bobber also sinks into concrete

OWGKID

Damn, what happens if you try to sit on them? I guess this must be some sort of collision issue between the bike wheels/ground.
LEGACY

Art Blade

OWGKID

Definitely a collision issue, the wheels probably ignore the X-axis on the floor  8-X
LEGACY

Art Blade

the x-axis? I think x=left-right, y=up-down and z=near-far. Should by y-axis, then

fragger

I think what GKID means is that the bike wheels are not detecting a collision with the floor's x-z plane. Collision detection is usually actuated by moving objects, not stationary ones, so in this case the wheels would be doing the detecting, but they're not registering a collision with the x-z plane of the floor until some of the wheel geometry has already slipped through.

Funny how the bike comes back up when you get on it. Having a rider aboard must reset the bike's collision detection parameters or something.

Does this ever happen when you park the bike in the street, or just in the garage?

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

These types of issues occur on other locations as well, but I can't bring up an example now.
And they don't always sink into the ground. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Maybe they only sink in when it's dry weather, between 3 am and 23 pm and not on Fridays :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Binnatics, :-D

Thanks for the explanation, fragger :)

GKID, alright :)

I sent another post to Rockstar.

QuoteHello :)

While I think that you've got enough reason to check the wet concrete phenomenon, I have two more bugs to tell you about.

- Laptop at Simeon's "import" garage (see screenshot)
When you enter an invite-only session for the first time and spawn in the club house (still the one at the beach) you'll see an animation, the world from above zooming down into where you spawn -- well, no. You see Simeon's garage from above but spawn in the correct location. It also works if you start a contact mission, you zoom out of Simeon's garage despite the fact that you're at Vespucci beach in the club house. The laptop disappears once you leave the club house. Kind of funny but still a bug.

- Malc keeps sending e-mails complaining and calling you complaining, always about the laptop he thinks you never used, even if you used the laptop in a public session. A friend and I who haven't bought any businesses (we prefer to play invite-only) keep getting those pesky stalking calls and mails. If you delete the e-mail, you still keep getting a message popping up above the mini map stating that you have unread e-mails. I mean.. hey.. it is really annoying :) Also, if he calls you (whenever), the phone miraculously picks up itself. I can't even ignore it or hang up without answering, it keeps connecting me with Malc automatically. If you are in a voice chat in-game, the phone call disrupts and stops the voice chat for the time being. Also, very annoying. Mission done, he calls. Briefing, he calls. Nothing, he calls about the laptop. I am close to nailing his head to the club house table, set it on fire, and feed the charred remains to the Lost. >:D Can you do something about that, pretty please, with sugar on top? :)

Thank you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Art

[smg id=9382 type=preview align=center caption="club house at Simeon's"]

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

ta :)

I know that you've got businesses, so.. does Malc still send you e-mails and calls you about the laptop, too?

Art Blade

meanwhile, with Nomad's help, I solved one riddle.

Hello again :)

Good news: I found out about the "Pistol" (and partly the Crowbar and the Golf Club) -- the gun locker description basically already states it: only PURCHASED weapons can be hidden.

Everyone gets "the Pistol" for free when they start out online, so that isn't meeting the requirement for the gun locker. The Crowbar and the Golf Club need to be picked up, you cannot purchase them.

The "trick" with the pistol is, you first need to throw it away and then you have to purchase it at Ammu*Nation so it becomes a purchased weapon. Only then the gun locker list will show the pistol as a selectable item. Great.. guys, seriously, you did that on purpose? :)

Let's just say, please make it so that all OWNED weapons, not just only the purchased ones, can be hidden. What good is it to be happy to have found a golf club and a crowbar just so you can't hide them with the gun locker? Let alone a present, the pistol, having to throw it away and re-purchase it just so you can hide it? I think you too see how that doesn't quite register with at least some people's minds. I assume that you guys didn't mean to do that. So.. I think including those weapons shouldn't be too hard for you but it is next to impossible for the player to solve that on their own. Please consider it :)

2 screenshots (pistol solved 1 and 2) attached.

[smg id=9383 type=preview align=center caption="pistol solved 1"]
[smg id=9384 type=preview align=center caption="pistol solved 2"]

Art Blade

I keep solving my problems on my own..

Quotehello guys :)

Update: Gun Locker, Melee Weapons, Golf Club

The "Golf Club" is now on the list and can be hidden. I think it is related to the "Pistol" issue (needed to throw the pistol away and purchase it) because I recently threw away the golf club but one biker clubhouse mission required me to kill a target using a golf club so I had to pick up one. And now the melee weapon list shows 15 rather than 14 entries.

I might be able to reproduce that with the crow bar. If I can get that to w@&k, I'll let you know :)

Catch you guys later.

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

:)

And indeed:

QuoteHello again :)

Update Gun Locker part 2, the Crowbar

So indeed, today I was able to add the crowbar to the list of melee weapons. I started a Last Team Standing called "LTS Cypress Flats" where the crowbar can be found. I chose "forced + pickup" as weapon choice and picked up the crowbar. Mind you, I didn't have to throw away the crowbar, the forced+pickup was enough, just picking it up made the game recognise it. It also worked for a friend of mine, too, same with the golf club (and the pistol) which is very nice.

Now.. as always, looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Art

fragger

Art Blade

well, apparently they do so I keep them posted up :-()

OWGKID

LEGACY

fragger

Binnatics

I found another bug, related to the statistics in Social Club. As soon as you reach above 1000 wins (or an equal amount of losses probably) the statistics get confused and they no longer show the circle charts related to those statistics. It remains grey again:

[smg id=9401 type=full align=center caption="Races bug"]

Unlike the usual red vs. blue:

[smg id=9402 type=full align=center caption="Deatchmatches stats"]

Art Blade

looks like a derivation of the Y2K-bug. This time it's a W1K (win 1,000) bug.

Binnatics

Art Blade

Man..  ??? :'(

QuoteHello again -- with another problem.

Only yesterday we discovered a bug we hadn't been aware of:

(Heist) GEAR is inaccessible!

In the interaction menu that lets you select your style on the fly, there is an option to select heist gear such as the night vision device. Only you CANNOT select ANYTHING. The night vision or rebreather or anything called "gear" simply cannot be selected at all. Neither in free-roam nor during contact missions, actually so far we haven't been able to make use of that selection under any given circumstance.

Workaround:

The only way that we found it still worked was when inside an AmmuNation using the counter where to buy gear from. Then you can access gear that you already own or purchase new gear. So the only way to equip night vision is to use AmmuNation or if you create an outfit featuring the night vision device and save it. Choosing the outfit makes it w@&k UNLESS you try to change it or the game removes it. "Funny" is when looking at a friend wearing night vision during a mission -- you'll see a black ski mask with holes for the eyes. No device. Yet it still works until something changes it.

Unfortunately, for some reason AmmuNation isn't accessible during missions so if the gear is removed, it cannot be put back on unless you saved an outfit with it and select that outfit.

Please take a look at that issue -- it is REALLY annoying to see an option that doesn't w@&k and that you cannot use gear you own unless you know about said workaround.

Thank you and my best regards, awaiting your reply.

Art

Tags:
🡱 🡳