GTA V (consoles) out today. Fresh first videos on YT

Started by Art Blade, September 17, 2013, 09:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Wow, I didn't watch the entire video (skipped about), but what I saw was impressive.  I think the game is definitely in my list now.

Art Blade

The vid above (first post) is SPOILER-FREE and they show a little and talk a lot which is entertaining and informative. They compare and describe the game.

Here a 12-minutes drive across from southernmost end to northernmost end of the map

GTA 5 Gameplay: Driving Across Los Santos - The Complete Journey
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

looks good :)

setting countdown alarm clock for PC release: T minus one year, two months, four days...

Art Blade

SPOILERS COMING UP

Edit:

playlist of HDGAMING's (my favourite non-commentary guy for all kinds of playthroughs) full playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H9wiUqJiws&list=SP9MoLfABC7y5NXYXaCcWfzhHF09Pa2cxB

Here the first vid from the above playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H9wiUqJiws

/end edit.

GTA 5 Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1: Prologue [Gold] [No commentary]

Fiach

Wasnt really interested in this but Argos has an offer of a 500 gig PS3 with GTA V and The Last of Us all for €249 which is pretty cheap I think. If theres any left I may pick it up.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

I AM considering buying a PS3 now. I AM!!!! f@#k me!!!!! I've only been looking 10 mins of the first video don't have enough time right now, but here's just some things that were remarkable to me:
Somewhere around 9 mins they show the San Perro Pier, which is to me a one-to-one copy from GTA San Andreas' Los Santos. So they stick to the original concept according city layout. That is great news. Also the Vinewood sign on the hill is so much like the same area in Los Santos back then. Plus, I heard them speak of Mount Chilliad. Man I've had so much fun on that rock back in the days :-D
For me, the parallel with the original San Andreas is nothing but good news. They couldn't have designed the city better than that layout, and is probably a lot like the real LA. Never been there so I don't have references. But the nostalgic touch in the game is nice for me, who has spent over 1000 hours in GTA SA at least.

Then I heard them comment about the size of the world. They compared it to Panau and Arkham City, which makes their point quite solid to me. A world so full of detail and attraction and things to do and discover, that the size, that may not be as big as Panau, is impressive indeed. Tomorrow I'll go on checking these videos, since there's not much else left to do for me now until something like 6 months of now :'( ::)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

never going to get a console but I'm watching the playthrough (third post) and am now at mission #8. I don't mind spoilers. If I can't play it, I might at least watch it :-D If and when the game is available for PC, those vids will be fainting old memories already..

durian

I read some comments in forums, and everyone says this game blows IV out of water. The cop are farking ruthless, and be careful, you could be robbed  by NPC's too  ;D

Bin, If you buy a console, don't buy the xbox 360 4GB version although it's the cheapest console but as the mandatory install is a whopping 8 GB, instead I suggest you get the PS3 bundle that comes with GTA V and free 30 day PS3 Plus trial for $265.

When the PC version comes out later next year, sell your console and PS3 version on ebay  :)

Today I went to Gamestop and my sweet Lord Jesus, there was a long a$$ line. Then my credit card was rejected due to "insufficient funds".  :D I decided to order off Amazon instead.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

??? woooooow, that must have been a major disappointment. Here the shops were crammed to the top with people trying to get a copy of GTAV, too. Everyone was talking about GTAV, even in the office :)

Binnatics

I heard that the game had practically sold out on the first day, which means 500.000 copies in a country of 16 million ppl. That's about 3% of our population playing the game already :o
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I'm getting more excited by the minute - am definitely going to stop by my local store and see if they have a copy as soon as I get a chance.

Binnatics

There's one thing so far that I do miss: It's the blood. I just hope that it was erased out by either the guys who created this video or PS3, and that it won't be like that when one doesn't want the blood to be erased ::)

Binnatics

Hmmm, I do see some blood now, actually when the character itself gets damaged by shots or hitting stuff after falling off a roof... but it's still a bit frugal :-\\

PZ

Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

guys.. incredible: YouTube blocked already two episodes of the IGN playthrough due to music to which GEMA...  :D while I had watched those two episodes of the cvg (the guys who produced the 3rd vid I posted) playthrough and those haven't been blocked. Only now it occurred to me that the only difference is the music played on the radio when a character is driving his car. cvg usually switch off their radio so it is very likely the reason. Can you believe that s#!t??  :D :D :D

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Art Blade

yep.. makes me wonder whether it is worth all the effort of tracking down vids that may or may not include "content" worth blocking. They must have a lot of people tracking that, manually. Who need to get paid. The goal of GEMA is to make sure that any artist under their protection gets a share of money for publishing their w@&k. Now, if they DON'T get any money at all because GEMA didn't like (too greedy) YouTube's offer (a share of the advertisements' income per click around a vid containing such "content") but have to pay for those poor sods who order those blocks.. kind of stupid.

Anyway. I am in about 2/3 or more of the main missions and it's looking cool. You get cars, motorbikes, bicycles, boats, jet skies, helicopters, a submarine, planes, quads.. oh man. You can move around everywhere :) It does resemble JC2 a lot except for the grappling hook with the parachute.

PZ

My box came with a DLC code of some kind that allows you to fly some kind of blimp  ????

Art Blade

alright, whatever that might be.. give it a go  :-() can't be worse than a pink bra with green frills.

PZ

I briefly glanced at it, and thought I read something about getting aboard by jumping from a rooftop or out of a plane.  I think there was also something about it being the slowest flying object in the game - I did not want to bother with entering the code so it sat in the box.

Art Blade

the way you described it, it sounds like a safety thingy.. as in preventing you from turning into a massive red smear on the ground.. might be worth checking it  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳