Finished the game, what now? Here are a few tips

Started by Art Blade, March 23, 2013, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Very nice observation about actually having to take a pic with the camera in order to get a result on the map,  :-X +1 from me, too  :)

And let's slap UBI around a bit for not removing those obsolete sparkling blips.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 25, 2013, 02:08:38 PM
And let's slap UBI around a bit for not removing those obsolete sparkling blips.

Sounds like a bug to me

Art Blade

er.. so we don't slap UBI around, then?  ????
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Of course we do because they deliberately never fix their bugs, and like many of the other companies, any fixes they institute often introduces new bugs.  Essentially, what we can expect is a switch from one bug to another.

I would venture to say that the only bugs they successfully "fix" are the ones that we like to exploit for gaming purposes, like the mortar trick in FC2.

mandru

I vote we slap UBI around just for old time's sake.  ;)

Thanks for the slap on the back Art.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Nice bit of investigation mandru, +1 from me too :-X

Quote from: mandru on April 25, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
I vote we slap UBI around just for old time's sake.

I agree - but why stop at a mere slap?

Spoiler
*BIFF*
:knockout

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

PZ

Your spoiler just about sums up how many gamers feel about developers, fragger!  It is quite a love/hate relationship we have;  we love the games, but hate how they choose to implement them.  :-()

mandru

After the game in an effort to make the outposts livelier I've found that I can openly assault an outpost and force them to call for reinforcements.  By killing everyone except one last defender I can leave the area uncaptured and later when I come back the outpost will be repopulated, on high alert and the reinforcements will announce that they are on the way before I can even engage them again.

Stubborn Kid Farm the outpost immediately to the North of Hoyt's compound (it's just up the hill, drop on in  ;) ) is perfect for this sort of serial harassment.  >:D

There are five or six BMG packing Heavies (3 stationed + 3 reinforcement arrivals I believe but as a personal favorite they are bloody fun to practice death from above take downs on) and enough stray bodies for some real merriment.  Once I've reduced them to one sole survivor I dash to the cliff edge to the South of that outpost and use the flying suit to zip back down to Hoyt's compound to stir things up there for a bit or maybe swap up my weapons load out for variety before starting the whole cycle over again.  :-X
- mandru

Art Blade

heh heh heh  :-D

Good idea to commute between the Compound and the Stubborn Kid farm.  :-X

About the last man standing, careful with that. I once did that with a rather unexpected outcome. Leaving the area I heard dingos or rabid dogs going in after me and the poor sod got killed. Outpost liberated.  :D :-D

mandru

Hmm..  let's see, local dangers for Stubborn Kid Farm?  Lots of buffalo and at least one roving bear. :-\\

You're right Art I'd better be leaving two of them undeaded before gliding back down to the compound.  That still leaves all those heavies to play with and at least ten or so other potential victims before forcing a reset.  :-D

- mandru

Art Blade

Binnatics

Here's something else to do; solve the rebus!!

1: X:319.5,  Y:750.6  Kneel and look North; 'V' = 'P'
2: X:771.6,  Y:752.2  Look East, North-East
3: X:370.1,  Y:380.4  Look south; 'FL' = 'G'
3: X:363.5 Y:698.2 with the exact same word hints (Look south; 'FL' = 'G') Thanx Mandru for the better location ;)
4: X:488.4,  Y:476.1  Look west; Pump Station 3rd digit
5: X:482.3,  Y:808.7  On deck, look west; What can you grab here? -L, +!!!

Have fun ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

I agree completely Binn.  ;)  :-X

Here's +1 for the amusing diversion.  :-D
- mandru

Binnatics

:)

Thanks Mandru!! The idea came to mind when I was thinking about the coordinates in the map and what they can be good for ;) It was nice to do, but a bit hard to find the right attributes, heheh :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Must do, must do... but I get into the game and keep forgetting to :-[

Next time. I'll stick a Post-It on my monitor screen to remind me :lamp:

mandru

Binn, your third clue may not always be there as it is dependent on the whims of a respawn.  I remembered what I had seen there on a previous visit or it might have given me trouble.

Quote from: Binnatics on May 13, 2013, 03:28:25 PM
3: X:370.1,  Y:380.4  Look south; 'FL' = 'G'

The somewhat more dangerous coordinates X:363.5 Y:698.2 with the exact same word hints (Look south; 'FL' = 'G') is always there though you'll have to really want it to go to the trouble to find it.  ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

Binnatics

I will try to reach your alternative, Mandru, thanx for the tip!

TheStranger

Oh interesting coordinates. I'have to check them out.

Can you only reset outposts after you have liberated them all or, let's say, reset them after you have liberated just 5 of them?

edit: And I have to say that the main missions are ok. I have seen far worser stories and it's always hard to create a common thread for open world games.

Art Blade

to reset all outposts, you need to have liberated them all AND to have finished the main story missions.

TheStranger

nexor

Can someone tell me how do I go to a particular grid reference, I would have thought that the location of the cursor on the map would indicate the grid reference, obviously not, when I position the cursor in the left bottom corner of my screen it shows x and y as zero, and my map has disappeared off my screen in the top right hand corner   :D

Art Blade

The player is the grid reference. There is a button that centers the map around the player.

Tags:
🡱 🡳