**COJ-2 SPOLIER THREAD**

Started by PZ, July 17, 2009, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Beautiful graphics...

I changed monitors and moved to something with more resolution and the graphics are breath-taking.  there are water scenes in running streams where you can see the gravel bed beneath the running water.  Indians attack you in canoes, and the waterfalls are more spectacular than in FC2.  The water is simply gorgeous - I've never seen better. (However, remember that I've not actually gamed that much).

The great part is that the further you go in the game, the better the story and the graphics become.  Here are some of the things I'll post screen captures of:

• A Navajo burial hill complete with all the acoutrements you'd expect.
  • Totem poles that look like photographs.
  • Ghost towns and mining camps
  • An old time wooden elevator in a mining camp that actually works.
  • The Indians have what seems like dozens of different outfits (no 2 the same) - and the experience you get is almost like you'd expect in a movie.
Even though we have a straight scripted game, there are parts that are open world in nature and you have the option of taking missions or not.  If you do, then you can travel through the countryside however you wish in order to accomplish your mission.

As you go further into the game, each experience is something new, and although not open world, it does have you constantly waiting in eager anticipation for the next part.

PZ

A sad story...

The Apache Chief (Running River) has a son named Seeing Farther.  The father is an old-school Apache that wants to trade the gold of Juarez for guns to fight the whites, but the son realizes that will cause the demise of the Apache nation.  Consequently, Seeing farther helps the McCall brothers because it will keep the guns out of Apache hands - he is an idealist this young man.  Unfortunately, he is shot by the Colonel, and he dies in his fathers arms.  As he lies dying, he tells his father that he has betrayed him and the Apache people, but his father replies "no my son, it is I that have betrayed our people, for you were right...".  Watching that scene almost brings tears to your eyes.

Tags:
🡱 🡳