Some Hints And Tips

Started by eor123, January 13, 2010, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

I'd like to share some things I have learned about COJ2.

The best walk through I have come across is here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/955866/57374

Before starting the game, select the "Exclusive Content" option from the Main Menu and enter 735S653J or 585A926D. If you entered the code correctly, a message will appear. This will unlock extra money for equipment in Single Player mode, extra money for character unlocking in Multiplayer mode, silver weapons in Multiplayer mode, and the Superb Ranger weapon that can be used during the first two chapters.

With a couple of exceptions where the game forces you to play as a particular brother, you can select which brother to play before each chapter. If you intend to collect all 89 secret scrolls, you should limit that quest to one brother. 

If you do, keeping track of whether you have collected all available secrets in each chapter will be much easier. Although you can check the overall total of secrets collected at any time, you cannot see how many you have collected in each chapter until after you have finished that chapter. And the end-of-chapter stats will only show how many the brother you are playing has collected. If you collected some as the other brother in a previous play through, it won't be reflected in the current end-of-chapter stats and you will have to keep a manual record for each brother to know if you found all the available secrets in each chapter.

If you've already played COJ2, you know that it doesn't allow for backtracking [or going ahead] in the chapters in which you are joined by your brother. So you will have to throughly and quickly search the immediate area for gold or secrets.

The gold you collect is cumulative across play-throughs. In other words, if you complete the game with $2000 in gold at one difficulty level and start a new game at a different difficulty level, you will start the new game with $2000. This will allow you to upgrade your weapons more quickly is successive play-throughs.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Good tips eor, thanks for posting.  It has been quite a while since I've played the game, and I plan to revisit after I'm done with my current passion on the PC - FO3.  The tips you provided and the great mod site that DKM2 posted make for excited anticipation on my part  :-X

Art Blade

indeed, this sounds like a very useful post for those who play COJ2. Thanks Eeyore  :) :-X

I'll sticky this, and if anyone has more of those tips, post away :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on January 13, 2010, 04:29:59 PM
the great mod site that DKM2 posted

Just in case, I fit that in here. :)

Quote from: DKM2 on January 13, 2010, 01:23:39 PM
I finally got around to picking this up over the holidays too.
It was quite fun once I got a handle on the gunfight dueling thing.

Here's the main Fan / Mod site I found;

http://www.cojmodding.com/

The whole design suite seems to be available and is quite in-depth for mission design.
They have about 20 extra missions for single player you can try, they're
not as good as the game, but...

I wish I had the time to try a write a few missions, it looks interesting.

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳