AC2 Spoilers

Started by PZ, December 28, 2010, 08:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The races in AC2 can be challenging, and this one was one of the more difficult for me.  It occurs during Carnivale, and your task is to capture 3 flags and return them to your base - the difficult part is that one of the fast runners is racing you.  If you capture the flag, you need to run as fast as you can to your base because your opponent can steal it from you.  I discovered a simple path that always works, with very little difficulty.  In fact, that seems to be the way the game works - once you figure out the path, the way to your goal is quite simple.  The video demonstrates capturing 2 of the 3 flags.

Spoiler

mandru

A question and comment so I better hide this too.

Spoiler
So you had to swing wide in a big loop instead of a much faster line straight out and back because your opponent is tight on your backside wanting to steal the flag?

Too bad you're probably not allowed to just slip him a bit of the old poison needle or drop a smoke bomb to insure a victory by default.   ;)

Yeah, I said it.  8)  I'm a rat.  There's no such thing as a fair fight.  In any conflict remove the enemy so that they can never come back at you.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Spoiler

That was the quickest line for me, but there might be a better way.  The problem is that the fast runner will catch you and steal the flag if you try to run too long in the ground.

That's a fascinating thought - killing the fast runner - I think I'll try that next time  >:D

Art Blade

Spoiler
Psst... boys... this topic is called

AC2 SPOILERS

so it really doesn't make any sense to spoil spoilers by hiding them from the spoiler-seekers who read this spoiler-spoiled topic.

;)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

We know, but it's fun!  :-()

Art Blade

??? gee.. no spoiler tags?  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

mandru

I'm posting this here because some people don't like too much information about possible future plot developments.  Whereas I'm incapable of resisting speculating about this sort of thing when it drops in my lap or in this case slaps me in the side of the head and says "Hey, look at this!"     :-D

In AC2 there is a point where Desmond has a non-Animus DNA memory because of his extensive exposure to the machine's effect.  In that sequence the memory that is recalled begins with a point of view that is drawn from genetic memory embedded in Altaïr's experience of following Maria for an encounter at the top of the tower in Acre but something significant occurs that is reinforced by the foreshadowing that the memory thread was initiated by Maria herself beckoning Desmond to follow her.

As Desmond's experience in the memory concludes he is startled and comments on the fact that his focus of awareness has shifted from Altaïr's point of view to Maria's which implies only one possible explanation.

So there's no spoiler there but this situation does open the door to some interesting possibilities for future plot development.

Now that it's been established that Desmond has a strong link to ancestral memories through the DNA of Maria (Hey Granny, fancy meeting you here.:o ) whom would have also been from a long genealogical family line of Templars it would follow that he also has a whole new paradigm of access to the memories of ancestors from the opposing side of this conflict that has been playing out for thousands of years for possession and control of the Pieces of Eden.

The previous Abstergo Industries subject that left the glyphs for the assassins to find was largely focused on more recent events.  Yes, he reached back farther than that but was going mad in the process.  Possibly this could imply that his genetic memory was reinforced by only one side of the assassin/Templar yin yang equation.
Now that it has been established that Desmond is reinforced genetically by both strong blood lines there could be reasonable argument made that this is what has placed him in the possession of the skills, talents and faculties to be such a strong harvester of memories.

It will be interesting to see if future games released in this series will take advantage of the possibilities this has introduced into the potential story line.   :-X
- mandru

Art Blade

indeed :) :-X

By the way, no spoiler tags this time?  :-D

PZ

mandru

Spoiler
I did say "there's no spoiler there..."   ;D 
- mandru

PZ

Spoiler

I think Art is implying that we need to have more spoiler tags because this is a spoiler thread  :-()

^+-+ Maybe we should have named this topic: AC2 Spoiler tag thread  :-D

Interesting observations, mandru - I'd say that you might have something there.  I did read somewhere that the developers were planning a new AC release each year due to the huge success of the series - good for me because I've enjoyed them all.

Art Blade

PZ

^+-+  sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Art Blade

hahaha  ^+-+ You made me chuckle quite a bit then  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳