Sand to Stone and salt over Snow

Started by batdog, April 12, 2010, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batdog

Does anyone have a general idea of how long the the Sand to Stone (Tsunami Reef to Redrock Bluffs) and Salt over Snow (White Flats to Pinwheels Ridge) achievements/trophies take to complete. I tried the first one a couple of months back but was so tired I kept crashing all the time.  Errr...and I realised I'd started doing it the wrong way round!  Am I looking at three or four hours or more than that?

spaceboy

hey batdog.  I've done the Sand to Stone several times with different groups and the Salt to Snow once.  It can be done in probably 2-2.5 hours if your focusing on getting it done and driving alone.  When we did it in groups of course there's always a bit of slowing down to stay together, people needing to take breaks etc. and those runs got done in about 3 hours.  To get done quickly I say get the Valkryie and just go go go.  But actually its more fun in a group even if it takes longer.

I heard but never tried it that you can still get the trophy/achievement if you move heli to previously found vistas and liveries (not using a Heli pad - just choose to "go" there).  If you just want the achievement, you can try that.

Also, be sure to go underneath the starting "flags" at the main camp heliports at both destinations.  When you go under it, it will reset your screen and give you the trophy.

Here's some video highlights I recorded of our Salt over Snow run!

http://mygamepages.com/index.php?topic=351.0
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

batdog

spaceboy - Thanks for that.  :) I'm going to do it properly so at least I know how much time to set aside.  Unfortunately my partner and I share time on the Xbox so I'll need to give her warning that it's fully booked for around three hours.  ;)

Art Blade

I remember that trophy, I tried both ways (the vista point cheat and the regular drive). I achieved the trophy using the cheat, but re-did it voluntarily the hard way. The drives are not that long, across the map was quicker than I thought, you'll probably need two hours (been a while since I did it, can't recall exact times)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

batdog

Attempted Salt over Snow last night. Only took an hour and a half. But...I didn't get the achievement  :'(

As far as I understand it I have to spawn at the first camp, drive under the Start banner at the camp, drive to the second camp and drive under the banner at the second camp.  I crashed a handful of times and also used three different vehicles. 

Am I supposed to use the same vehicle all the way? Or is there anything else I might have missed?

Art Blade

Vehicles don't matter, you may change them whenever you like. Those trophies should only require you to hit a start and a finish, and as far as I remember you needed to go there straight (no stops at checkpoints, no stop or use of helo pads). Maybe you can try it the cheaty way, like start, drive away a mile or so, pick a vista point close to the finish, "jump" there and drive to the finish.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

yeah, as long as you didn't go under any other Start banners at other camps or use helipads, you should'e got the achievement.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Tags:
🡱 🡳