AC2 Spoilers

Started by PZ, December 05, 2009, 11:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Because this game is so new and many don't have it yet, and I tend to forget about warning about potential spoilers, I thought that I'd start this thread.

Feel free to post hints on how to accomplish tasks here - some of them can be quite a challenge - for instance, one of the mission types that I'm particularly fond of, but yet quite challenging are the assassin tomb missions.

PZ

Killing foes from horseback

It was not surprising that you could run people down with your horse, but I wasn't expecting to be able to wield my sword and kill guards from the back of my horse.

A part of the game like Call of Juarez 2

Well into the game, I discovered that Leonardo daVinci was moving to Venice.  I offered to drive his wagon, but we were spotted by guards who immediately gave chase.  The wagon careened down the mountainside much like some of the scenes in COJ2 - was kind of fun - they guards would climb onto the wagon but I could fling them off by making sharp turns.

Killing the father of the bad young man (forgot their names)

This one is tough - you perform a leap of faith and when you hit the pile of hay, the target starts running - he is quite agine, and it was very difficult for me to catch up with him - took at least 5-6 tries because I fell off the room, went down wrong paths, etc.

The Medicci cape

The leader of the good guys gave me a gift of this cape once I had killed all of the opposition leaders.  A beautiful cape, it allows me to wander through Florence incognito even if I perform acts that normally would have resulted in notoriety.  Being notorious means that guards will attack you on sight.  If you are incognito, you can walk by someone and kill them without even missing a step.

Villa upgrades (town renovations)

I've spent lots of money renovating the town, but it pays off - my treasure chest regularly fills with money - so much so that I need to make regular trips back home to pick them up (there is a limit to how much money the chest holds.

Assassinations

Even though my personal skills in using the PS3 controller is not good, my character (Ezio) becomes increasing more agile and adept at killing.  Like spaceboy experienced, I'm using the two hidden daggers as my main weapon.  One time, I walked between two pair of guards, and decided to assassinate two, then fight the remaining two.  Instead, my knives flashed and thrust into the first pair, then Ezio immediately turned and stabbed the other two.  Literally 3 seconds and all four were dead.

Ezio also likes to do multiple thrusts at times - 5-6 stabs to the chest and it's all over.  He casually saunters through town, incognito, and he can walk between two people completing a double assassination without even breaking stride.

JRD

Hehehehe... feels good doens't it?  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Heavy :) By the way, fighting from horseback was already part of AC1 :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Traveling to Venice with Leonardo

Leonardo and I traveled to Venice today, and he set up how new workshop in that huge town.  As expected, much of the travel is by waterway, and my. skills at piloting a gondola are improving.  On a whim, I accepted an assassination mission in which I was to follow a gondoleer that was picking up a "person of interest" to me.  Ezio followed the guy out to a boat where the target was guarded by two men - a couple of dagger thrusts later and it was finished - almost too easy.

My codex wall in the villa is gradually filling  :-X

PZ

Assassin tomb missions

These remind me a bit of the movies "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage.  Your task is to retrieve medallions from famous assassin sarcophagi, and return them to the villa where you insert them into the bases of the aforementioned assassins.  Once you collect all 6, a mysterious set of armor awaits behind a barred gate - each medallion placed retracts another lock.

spaceboy

your getting a bit ahead of me PZ (I just left Forli and met Leonardo on that boat). Now Desmond is out of the Animus and I had to quit.  Tonight hopefully I'll make some headway...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

hehe, didn't expect two old farts racing each other  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

no doubt.  but with all the side missions and things to do two people can spend a lot different time in between story missions (like FC2!).  But I do want to proceed - I just fear I may not go back and do all side missions later as other games are stilling calling for my attention...

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on December 06, 2009, 11:21:25 AM
your getting a bit ahead of me PZ (I just left Forli and met Leonardo on that boat). Now Desmond is out of the Animus and I had to quit.  Tonight hopefully I'll make some headway...

Interesting - I've not been to Forli, but I've completed the sequence where Desmond is out of Animus - evidently the open world nature is very open!

Art Blade

spaceboy

you probably were in Forli and didn't realize it.  They were also mentioning Roma (that's where Leonardo's carriage was supposed to go)  I'd have to look at the map a bit better - I may be wrong.  But then again maybe not I had kind of gone through the town to get to the story mission that was out by the waterfront.   :-\

PZ

It is possible, I guess, but I doubt it - there was a woman at the ship that carried me and Leonardo to Venice - she lives in Forli and invited me to come visit - but I went back to Florence to complete more of the side missions.  I'm just now back in Venice looking to deliver 2 codex pages to Leonardo, but I can't find him - you have any idea where he's hiding?

@Art - careful, or you'll short circuit that marvelous G15!  ;D

spaceboy

no, but I'll keep an eye out for him when I get to Venice tonight!

PZ

I found the "L" indicating where Leonardo is - thanks for the information  :-X

I've renovated almost everything to the maximum, and purchased all the art possible so the Villa area is fresh and beautiful in appearance.  Gone are the boarded up windows, and in place of the boards are pristine glass panes.  Even the sun shines brighter!

In fact there has been so much renovation that my coffer now holds about 32,000 florins (it held only 1500 when I first arrived).  When I went home not too long ago, there was s short time when I had 43,000 florins in my hot little hands, itching to be spent - much of which were spent on additional armor and weapons (like the butcher knife)

PZ

Codex wall (spoiler)

Well, I finally found all of the codex pages - once you reach a certain stage in the game, your task is to turn them (in place on the wall) so that an image of the world is displayed.  Solving this puzzle gets you to a new map entirely - Roma!  The fun really starts here, and so far, your agility and stealth is being tested in fun ways - no timer as of yet, but you get to plan your attack.

Lots of fun!  :-X

Art Blade

I know someone who, on occasions like this, would say "OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy"  ;D

PZ

Yes, and I can echo that comment - despite the timed events, this is turning out to be almost as good as FC2, but in a different way.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on December 12, 2009, 03:52:12 PM
I know someone who, on occasions like this, would say "OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy"  ;D

Well... I lost the timing to answer to that, but in time...
Can't think of a way to play AC2 or OFP2 or any other new game due to 2010 as I'll be home only for a couple of weeks during Christmas and New Year and I promissed myself NOT TO buy new games and waste some quality time with the lady, family and friends in this time of the year (and my lap top won't handle new releases as well  :D )!!
What I do is to enjoy your stories and look forward to when I'm back to my good old PC next september!!!
I only know I'll have a full walkthrough for all my favourite games and many more right here at OWG!!!  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Nice thinking. We'll make sure you'll get everything needed once you're back on your gaming rig  :-X

PZ

I can hardly imagine not having my gaming rig these days - spoiled I guess.  By the way, on an aside, I just saw that Dell is marketing what they claim is the fastest gaming laptop ever - produced by Alienware, it is less than $1500.

Tags:
🡱 🡳