Faction helos are a blast!

Started by PZ, August 30, 2010, 03:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I just installed the faction helo mod, and it is already one of my favorites!

When I first started the mod, I didn't notice anything, so I wandered to Panau City - Civilian District and grappled my way around town.  There was a Colonel on a rooftop, but I didn't want to start anything.  Wondering what to do, I heard the approach of a helo and turned to discover two unarmed helos attacking the Colonel on the rooftop with their small arms - talk about never having seen that one before!  :-()

I grappled my way up and was hanging by my wire - when I entered the chopper, the outcome was as usual - out came the pilot  ^+-+  (I was sorry to see him go).  My comrades in the back kept firing until they were shot out of the chopper, then I had to run because the Panau airforce started firing.

So, I thought that the factions would only use unarmed helos, but was pleasantly surprised - I managed to hijack a Reaper helo (they are color coded, just like the vehicles), armed with minigun this time, and noticed that I had a copilot, just like in the Panau choppers.  My buddy remarked that we needed to look for some action, so we did - we found one of those unmarked communications centers, and as I approached, my buddy started hanging out the side just like they do in their cars - he was doing a find job until one of the b@$tards got in a lucky shot.

It looks like this might open up a whole new dimension of fun for us mercenaries  >:D

Check out my new friend.

[smg id=2531]

Art Blade

That indeed sounds like a proper way to have fun. Nice find :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, Art  ;)

Here are a few more adventures:
Wandering the city, I chanced on a Reaper copter, and hijacked it for the fun of it - my Reaper passengers did not mind me throwing their pilot out  :-()
Notice my Reaper friend hanging out the door, firing at the Colonel with his submachine gun
[smg id=2532]
Although a bit difficult to see, a couple of Roaches choppers joined us - the colonel didn't have a chance.
[smg id=2533]
The third chopper is visible in front of the building
[smg id=2534]
Here my three faction choppers are clearly visible, and I'm firing upon the Colonel
[smg id=2535]
More battle action - interestingly, even though the faction choppers were able to make quick w@&k of all of the Colonel's support staff, they were not able to kill him in this incident.  A quick blast from my miniguns taught the Colonel a valuable lesson.
[smg id=2536]
Riding into the sunset with a Ular friend
[smg id=2537]

Art Blade

I think it's great to have assistance like that, and I guess it's a lot of fun to watch, too. Very nice story and pics, PZ :)

By the way.. ever thought of publishing some children's books? About warfare and subjugation? Can't be too young to learn that.. and they'd love those pics, too  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I think that I'd probably be rode out of town tarred and feathered by every parent  :-D

spaceboy

now THAT's a cool mod.  I'd love to have that ability - darn you PCers!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on August 30, 2010, 07:34:58 PM
now THAT's a cool mod.  I'd love to have that ability - darn you PCers!
You and me both spaceboy!  Of all the time I spend in Panau, 95% of it is on the PS3 rather than on the PC - unfortunately de to life getting in the way as far as the time I have available to game.  :'(

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 30, 2010, 06:09:53 PMI think that I'd probably be rode out of town tarred and feathered by every parent  :-D

^+-+ :-X

PZ

I had another good evening in Panau city using the helo mod - I've formerly found the large cities to be difficult to do because a govman helo was always ready to attack, but now, with the help of my faction buddies in their helos, it is easy to stay aloft while blazing at the towers, gas stations, and statues.

PZ

It's always a treat when I can hijack an armed faction helicopter - my buddy riding shotgun sits quietly by my side, and only occasionally tells me that we need to go find some trouble.

When I was attacked by several govmen gunships, my buddy would hang out his side of the copter (like they do in the vehicles) - I remember one time my miniguns had torched an enemy copter and as it was falling from the sky, my buddy kept blazing at it on it's way down (he was using a submachinegun - I guess he wanted to be absolutely positive to kill them all.  :-()

The interesting thing is that all of these actions must already be programmed into the game because the mod simply changes a few parameters and now you have an entirely different set of activities that take place.  It makes me wonder if there are activities elsewhere in Panau that are similar, but I just haven't witnessed yet.  It kind of reminds me of when we discovered that you could actually cause the Goka bridge to burn and fall into the gorge in FC2.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳