JC2 vids

Started by spaceboy, April 09, 2010, 09:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

That was cool  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I wish I had the skills to do that!

fragger

Impressive bit of flying :-X

Art Blade

From STEAM:
Quote11.3 million people died colliding with objects or the ground in Just Cause 2. If you map them all in a spatial area to scale with the Just Cause 2 world map, then you get the video above, a beautiful and strangely poignant ghostly landscape made up of the terminus points of millions of players.

It goes to show two things. Firstly, it's easy to underestimate the amount of falling out of things onto things that happens in Just Cause 2. Secondly, hardly any players seem to have explored the spaces between the world's major roads and settlements, suggesting that vast swathes of Just Cause 2′s massive world went relatively untrodden. There's even a cloud of death hanging miles above the ground. How did so many people die of collisions all the way up there?

By the way, the vid doesn't embed here because we've exceeded the maximum embedded media links
Spoiler
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I saw this the other day.  it's actually quite peaceful and beautiful to watch.  As for an impact death in the sky - getting hit midair by a flying object of course!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

It is beautiful indeed and perfectly matched to the music.  :-X

Mid-air deaths can be anything, remember packing explosives to a plane and accidentally setting them off?  ^+-+

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on June 02, 2011, 03:09:43 PM
Mid-air deaths can be anything, remember packing explosives to a plane and accidentally setting them off?  ^+-+

ah yes, quite fondly indeed.   I think though the vid was only deaths by impact if I recall correctly.  makes it even more interesting to see how many buildings are outlined so much.  Lots of "oopsies" there...   hahaha.

Art Blade

You are right, an explosion is probably not an impact. Hehe, "oopsies"  ^+-+

What I found particularly interesting was the column of white dots beneath the Miles High Club, then the waterfall near the building with the bridge between those two towers and some diagonal lines at the lower ends of which are probably airports to be found. Hehe, what on earth had happened there :)

Also, fun to think that you, PZ, other people we know and I myself created a ton of deaths that are all part of the picture  :-D

PZ

Quite surreal; reminiscent of the machine that is in the X-men movies with the dots representing people.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 02, 2011, 09:04:38 AM
By the way, the vid doesn't embed here because we've exceeded the maximum embedded media links
Spoiler

It should be displaying now - maximum number has been increased.

Art Blade

no. Closed and restarted FF, nothing, hit F5, nothing. Just the link.

PZ

Funny - I see the embedded video  ????

I'll dig deeper.

spaceboy

its embedded for me, and was yesterday

Art Blade

I found the reason. Simple as it is, it's still annoying: In my profile, "look and layout" has two options that relate to the maximum amount of embedded media. I had Topics to display per page: 50  and Messages to display per page: 50  and was able to see the one vid further up the same topic as embedded but my link was the first that didn't show. So I reset those values to forum default (7) and now it's embedded.

Tags:
🡱 🡳