$$ in MP

Started by PZ, June 03, 2010, 10:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Anyone know what the cash you accumulate in MP is used for?  None of the typical SP shopkeepers seem to be in the stores.

tehsam016

Could be wrong but i'm fairly sure it's for xp. Especially in gang hideouts as it adds to the total points earned at the end.

spaceboy

yeah it's XP.  HeyPZ - why you ignore me last night!?!  I saw you on and sent 2 messages.  Were you doing MP?  PSN messages should be popping up in the right corner of your screen even during game.  I was thinking I'd join you, but I was shunned.  :(
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Dang it!  I didn't see any messages else it would have been great to join up for some MP fun.  I was doing private MP with my son, and we were talking about how cool it would be to have additional guys with us!  We don't have blue tooth hooked up to our playstations, but we were doing cell phone communications - lots of fun.  We hope to do some more tonight, and because you're in my friends list, I'll periodically check for your online status from time to time.  Also, maybe I need to turn on some kind of notifications on the console.

btw, thanks for the info on the $$ - I was hoping you could actually purchase something  :'(

spaceboy

That was great PZ - definitely invite me if I'm on.  It was fun teaming up with you guys - and he is now on my friend's list as well.  Can't think of a setting on the messages, it just flashes in the upper right the message subject.  Easy to miss if you're aiming down the sites lol.  I think we got our groove on Fort Mercer and took it down pretty quick.

Thanks again for the invite  :-X

tehsam016

Fastest time me and my friend completed Fort Mercer was in like 1:03. Of course we had like 9 people helping but still =P.

PZ

I loved it space!  :-X

This was actually the very first time I've been successful with an MP experience due to my slow connection.  The only problem was not being able to hear each other.  However, I was able to hear you a little bit - quite often broken up, but sometimes it cam through fairly well.

I'm not surprised at missing messages - I even miss the "honor" messages in the game  :-[

Looking forward to riding with you again, space  :-X

spaceboy

I may have mumbled a couple times.  I realize if the other person doesn't have a headset, when a player's voice comes through their speakers it is often annoying.  I wound up shutting mine off.

A good alternative if not everyone has mics working is to start a text chat.  It's different from the "Messages" in that you can all join the chat (like here at OWG) and then whatever is typed will also pop up on the upper right screen.  Then hit the PS button to back to the text chat if you want to type something.  It's obviously more cumbersome than talking but more convenient than sending individual messages.  Helps for quick discussions or funny comments.

Looking forward to riding again.

PZ

Sometimes your voice came through just fine, and I actually appreciated hearing what you were saying.  It's kind of like having a conversation with your riding partner as you plan your activities.  For instance, even if I can't speak to you, I could hear your communication that you wanted to approach the barn from the left.  That way I could approach from the other side.

You remember seeing me jump in front of you a couple of times?  Perhaps we can use that as a sort of code to indicate what we're doing - one jump means follow to the next way point.  Then you can respond via your headset as to whether or not you agree.

I'm going to try to get my microphone worked out on the console, and hopefully my bandwidth is not so small that it will interfere with game play.

spaceboy

it should recognize any bluetooth.  I only ever tried with the official Sony PS3 set and of course it paired just fine.  I like it because it has a huge Mute button on the side and it gives an onscreen popup of the remaining battery life when turning on or off. 

I think the communication is used most for shooting the sh*t and joking around really.  These hideouts are easy, but I think when the co-op missions are available later this month, it'll be more helpful strategically.

It was easy that your son put the waypoints down so I knew where he was going.  I foolishly started to ride to Ft. Mercer until I looked and saw that he transported.  A quick turn into MacFarlane's and I zoomed over to meet up.

I should be on later tonight after movie night with the wife.  I'll send a note if I see you are on.

Hopefully your connection can handle voice.  I did see your character jump around a bit more than I've seen other people, but mostly when we were all riding, not during the gunfights.

PZ

Cool - my wife is out for the afternoon, and I'm not sure what she might have planned for this evening, but it looks like pasta is in our near future.  I might be able to get online this evening as well and will look for you

Any other PS3'ers are more than welcome to join up - post your PS3 identity and we'll add you to the list.

Tags:
🡱 🡳