GTAV modders/hackers banned?

Started by Art Blade, April 30, 2015, 10:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/613956964586101302/
QuoteJust a heads up folks, Rockstar is already starting the ban waves.
http://games.on.net/2015/05/rockstar-bans-people-from-gta-online-over-gta-5-pc-mods-but-isnt-clear-why-and-which-ones/

Also in the latest patch, they added some new Anti-Cheats. If you disassemble the game code these two functions can be found:
MemoryRegionCheckDllName
MemoryRegionCheckMemoryHash
They weren't there in the last patch. Apparently they detect injected DLLs (Like the Script Hook and the Mod Menu) and modified or injected hashes and sends that data back to Rockstar. If they so wanted to, they could check that data against a whitelist/blacklist and either ban you right away or queue up your account in the next ban wave. Its still to soon to tell if these functions are only called in GTA Online or effect single player as well. To be safe, I suggest not using any mods at the moment until we get clarification from Rockstar.

Edit:
Haven't verified it if its true myself but this was posted on a modding forum not to long ago:
http://i.gyazo.com/926fb03f70402cc6147378936e4e5324.png
Some people are complaining of character resets, including having their money reset due to money hacks. Also it seems that some cheaters are forced into private lobbies/servers with other flagged cheaters to keep them separated from the regular public. Some people are complaining of empty public lobbies or stuck on servers with just cheaters. If that was the case, I would say its poetic justice.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Welp, better download that trainer and cut my Internet cable  :laugh: ;) :angel:
I only play in closed crew sessions. Too bad that people are getting banned for modding singleplayer :angry-new:
If they only look for external .dlls/hacking programs (Cheat Engine), technically, I could mod my gamefiles WITHOUT RISKING A BAN  >:D >:D :-D :-D
LEGACY

Stiku

Online part is full of cheaters, cant even have a proper race without something weird happening.
So hope they ban everyone who doesn't use vanilla in online.

PZ

Quote from: Stiku on May 01, 2015, 03:11:18 AM
So hope they ban everyone who doesn't use vanilla in online.

I very much agree, and it is poetic justice if they ban all cheaters to servers reserved just for cheaters.  That way they can ruin each other's fun, which is all they want to do anyway. 

Dweller_Benthos

I can see banning people for online cheating, that's just low, and they deserve to be banned. Off line SP is another story though, and should be allowed.

Then again, Rockstar is probably gunshy from all the flack that resulted from the Hot Coffee debacle.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

That's a shame.  One of the main reason I purchase a PC game is for the ability to mod.  In fact, those a$$holes get my money twice - once for the console version, and another for the PC.

I have been very much looking forward to modding the game after playing vanilla for a while, and now they ruin my fun.  If I had known this, I'd likely not have purchased the game - I already have it for the PlayStation.   >:(( :D

OWGKID

There's a lot of contradiction behind those bans ;) Most of those posts seems to be by people who have cheated in Online and try to look "innocent" by saying they only used them in SP or such or forgot to delete the external .dlls/scripthook when going online  :laugh:  ;)

I cheated a lot of money with Art Blade's err, Alexander Blade's trainer for GTA V in SP. I invested the money in the stock market and now, I have 600-700 million dollrs between Franklin, Michael and Trevor  >:D >:D >:D

Haven't received a ban yet  :-D :-() ^-^ :laugh:
LEGACY

Art Blade

at least you got a lot nicer graphics now, PZ :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's quite true, and is what will allow me to enjoy the game despite Rockstar's bad decision to affect SP (if it is true).  I'll wait to mod the game until I can be sure it will not affect SP  ^-^

Binnatics

I'm sure it will be possible to mod in SP without trouble. Wise indeed to wait a little. There's plenty vanilla fun to be had :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳