Well, I finished the game (hehehe)

Started by JRD, January 26, 2010, 04:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Skira campaign, have all single missions left, that is!

I must say I like the game, but to be honest I was hoping for something different!

My biggest complaint: timed missions.
Whats the point in creating an open world game and then hampering players to explore it? It feels like a corridor shooter... even Crysis let players fool around more than OFP2  >:(

Another point is the lack of control over some key aspects such as call air strikes... OFP1 allowed players to choose when they should call for air support. So it was up to the player to eleiminate AAA and then call helos. In OFP2 they are a bit dumb... they just run into enemy fire regardless of your attack... sometimes 5 more minutes would be enough for you to finish them off and helos could be hovering somewhere else waiting. I know you are part of a much bigger assault team, but for a war sim this game is quite arcade, so they could give players a bit more of a choice in this aspect.

Finnally.. vehicles... you just don't need them on SP... previews of this game showed dozens of vehicles ... pfffftt  :D

But overall I had a great time playing OFP2... it won't last for long though, I know I will put that game aside pretty soon...  :'(

I love tactical shooters and this one has some great aspects:
- Good AI (sometimes they run in front of you when you are firing, but I did the same once, so we are even  ::) )
- Nice interface. The radial command is a good idea. You cannot move while issuing orders, but thats the price you pay to have a friendly system... see ArmA2 for instance... you have to take your time and study all commands and it takes ages to order your men to do something...
Great graphics... I don't know you guys, but it looks great on my rig... A2 is good too, but I prefer OFP2.
- Its a finished game... not buggy, even though your neck gets stiff when driving any kind of vehicle.

The list could go on and on, but I guess I made my point  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I agree, I had hoped for more (remember "destructible environment" discussions?) and man, I had forgot about the many vehicles, you are right! And of course, the open world aspect has been obliterated. And yes, the stiff neck... as if your head was nailed to the driver's seat  ;D

However, you can get a lot more out of the game using the game editor, respectively, play custom missions. You really should try the Lone Sniper Mission, created by a Brazilian guy (you guys know what is fun, don't you :) )
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳